October 21, 2014 | 945 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by CaveofWonders

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I wanted to try this foundation. I have the matte version of the clean finish and I love that one a lot, so I guess I wanted to try this one too. Bad idea. I read the reviews about how bad this oxidizes and people suggested choosing a shade or two lighter to avoid that. So I ended up getting one a few shades lighter than the color i thought i needed. Well it never oxidized on me and the shade was way too light. For reference i got the shade True Ivory. I'm tan and no where near that shade range. I don't know what I was thinking. I will definitely have to buy this in my shade in the future to see if i like it better then. As far as the quality of it, it has a very nice finish. A little dewy though. Not good for my oily skin. Which is why I love the matte clean finish better. I suggest trying the matte clean finish instead of this one only if you have really oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by 123ic

I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation for everyday use and my friend recommended this product to me. I do have acne prone skin, and this product hasn't caused any breakouts. I like to set it with my Rimmel stay matt powder, especially in my t-zone were I tend to get oily. This product seems to oxidize more the more I put on, so I would not recommend building it up for better coverage. For the times I have a bad breakout I always fall back to my beloved revlon colorstay foundation. I used to use the colorstay foundation everyday, but now that my skin is clearing up I was on the hunt for a good lighter feeling foundation that evens my skin tone and hides some discoloration, which this does.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by melxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in between foundations and just needed a cheap one to get me through until I could get my regular. For the price, it's great. It stayed on really well from the time I put it on until the time I took it off. I didn't like the spatula inside, though. I was shocked it was as good as it was, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by emijaeger

I have tried numerous foundations- from Laura Mercier to Kat Von D, covergirl to Loreal and none, of them worked on my dry skin. I was about to give up hope when I came across this foundation. I got the shade true ivory, and it matched great. The applicator on the inside of the bottle is very handy, and I can get my foundation done in under 5 minutes, as it is soo easy to blend. Good job Rimmel, especially for the lowest price around at $5!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by nvedenoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a new foundation and saw this one at Walmart for cheap and decided to give it a try I really like it I do have to powder my face through out the day or night it tends to get oily around my nose and t zone area but other then that I don't have any complaints but I do wish it had a pump then a spatula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and I loved it, unfortunately I can't find it in my country, I bought it traveling to Canada, so... I came back and saw the price of this foundation and I couldn't believe it, I had to try it.
My skin is light with yellow undertones, so I choose the shade Warm Ivory, usually "Ivory" shades are too light or too pink for me but this was actually fine, it surprised me.
The first time I used it with my moisturizer I kinda felt I was slightly orange, the foundation oxidized a little bit, but overall it looked good, however I felt it was light-medium coverage, a least comparing it with my Covergirl 3 in 1, the covergirl definitely has more coverage in my opinion, maybe because I used a small quantity of product and applied it with my beauty blender sponge... I also noticed the lasting power is not very long, this will come off after a few hours, while my other foundations hold up more.
I used it today again without my moisturizer and I didn't experienced oxidation, looked good and natural matching my skin.
The price of this foundation is awesome, looks really good, has no scent, this gets the job done.
I would recommend using a primer to extend the lasting power, and if your foundation oxidizes, maybe it's because you're mixing it with a product that does not agree with it.
Overall, good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this when I ran out of my usual foundation and this one was crazy cheap. I have long days where I'm usually putting makeup on in the morning and hoping it'll last through college classes, working in an elementary school, and then whatever I end up doing after work. It could be midnight before I'm getting around to taking my makeup off. And this $4 cheapie holds up! I was a Revlon colorstay addict before finding this, it doesn't feel as thick, has a more natural finish in my opinion, and lasts! My skin is a little oily so I do usually touch up the powder in the middle of the day, by the time I wash it off it may look a little less than perfect, but I don't even mind it because of the price. Seriously, for a $4 foundation to do that good of a job, give it a try. And even if it ends up rubbing off a little in the evening, I still call it a steal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I was visiting my relatives a couple thousand miles away and realized that I forgot to pack my foundation! so, I grabbed this on a whim since I just needed a quick replacement and it was really inexpensive. I'm so glad I did!
First off, I must say that I am in love with the spatula applicator. When it comes to liquid foundations, I dot the product on my face and then blend it out with a brush. Usually, I'm pretty annoyed with having to dip my finger in a liquid foundation and having residue left over on my finger, so the spatula applicator is really nice for avoiding that issue!
I was so surprised to see how much coverage this foundation offered after I blended it out. All my problem areas were completely gone and my skin looked flawless! The colour match was pretty close, too. It's nothing I could complain about.
I often forget to use primer, so I only dust my face with some loose powder after foundation and by the end of the day it had oxidized just tiny little bit, but I didn't really mind because the coverage was still there and it still looked pretty flawless!
Once I got home I actually replaced my foundation I was using before with this one because I loved this one so much.
I like experimenting with new products all the time, so I probably won't immediately repurchase. But if there aren't any new foundations that appeal to me once I finish this bottle, I'd buy this one again for sure!!

EDIT: this stuff transfers onto clothing sooooooo bad. it's ridiculous. because of that I really don't think its my HG foundation anymore..I'm taking off a lippie for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This foundation was average, nothing special. I wish this had worked since the price is right and I like the majority of rimmel products I have tried.
Pros:
Price
Nice satin finish

Cons:
the lightest color is to dark for my pasty irish skin
Applicator is inconvenient
I found i had to put on a lot to get the coverage I wanted

I will not be repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually received this product for free, however, it is only $3.97 at Walmart. I apply this particular foundation with my fingers and I find it to be very creamy and light. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with oily and/or acne prone skin as it stays matte for quite a while and my sensitive skin didn't have any negative reactions to it and it didn't clog my pores. It does a nice job of evening out uneven skin, and even covering minor blemishes without needing concealer. If you are someone who has spots, blemishes, redness, etc., that usually requires more attention to conceal, this foundation will give you a decent base to start with. Be careful because it dries pretty quick! The packaging is different in that it is a glass bottle with a twist off cap and wand. It's like a little paddle. I'm not sure how hygienic it is, but it really allows you to get the exact amount you want. I'm 27 and have the the beginnings of lines and wrinkles and I love that this product didn't settle in my lines as so many foundations do! I would recommend for oily skin and individuals who want a light-wearing, long-lasting, foundation that has very decent coverage!