August 30, 2014 | 1077 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by 123ic

I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation for everyday use and my friend recommended this product to me. I do have acne prone skin, and this product hasn't caused any breakouts. I like to set it with my Rimmel stay matt powder, especially in my t-zone were I tend to get oily. This product seems to oxidize more the more I put on, so I would not recommend building it up for better coverage. For the times I have a bad breakout I always fall back to my beloved revlon colorstay foundation. I used to use the colorstay foundation everyday, but now that my skin is clearing up I was on the hunt for a good lighter feeling foundation that evens my skin tone and hides some discoloration, which this does.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by melxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was in between foundations and just needed a cheap one to get me through until I could get my regular. For the price, it's great. It stayed on really well from the time I put it on until the time I took it off. I didn't like the spatula inside, though. I was shocked it was as good as it was, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by emijaeger

I have tried numerous foundations- from Laura Mercier to Kat Von D, covergirl to Loreal and none, of them worked on my dry skin. I was about to give up hope when I came across this foundation. I got the shade true ivory, and it matched great. The applicator on the inside of the bottle is very handy, and I can get my foundation done in under 5 minutes, as it is soo easy to blend. Good job Rimmel, especially for the lowest price around at $5!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by nvedenoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a new foundation and saw this one at Walmart for cheap and decided to give it a try I really like it I do have to powder my face through out the day or night it tends to get oily around my nose and t zone area but other then that I don't have any complaints but I do wish it had a pump then a spatula.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Nizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and I loved it, unfortunately I can't find it in my country, I bought it traveling to Canada, so... I came back and saw the price of this foundation and I couldn't believe it, I had to try it.
My skin is light with yellow undertones, so I choose the shade Warm Ivory, usually "Ivory" shades are too light or too pink for me but this was actually fine, it surprised me.
The first time I used it with my moisturizer I kinda felt I was slightly orange, the foundation oxidized a little bit, but overall it looked good, however I felt it was light-medium coverage, a least comparing it with my Covergirl 3 in 1, the covergirl definitely has more coverage in my opinion, maybe because I used a small quantity of product and applied it with my beauty blender sponge... I also noticed the lasting power is not very long, this will come off after a few hours, while my other foundations hold up more.
I used it today again without my moisturizer and I didn't experienced oxidation, looked good and natural matching my skin.
The price of this foundation is awesome, looks really good, has no scent, this gets the job done.
I would recommend using a primer to extend the lasting power, and if your foundation oxidizes, maybe it's because you're mixing it with a product that does not agree with it.
Overall, good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by CandiceLee

I bought this when I ran out of my usual foundation and this one was crazy cheap. I have long days where I'm usually putting makeup on in the morning and hoping it'll last through college classes, working in an elementary school, and then whatever I end up doing after work. It could be midnight before I'm getting around to taking my makeup off. And this $4 cheapie holds up! I was a Revlon colorstay addict before finding this, it doesn't feel as thick, has a more natural finish in my opinion, and lasts! My skin is a little oily so I do usually touch up the powder in the middle of the day, by the time I wash it off it may look a little less than perfect, but I don't even mind it because of the price. Seriously, for a $4 foundation to do that good of a job, give it a try. And even if it ends up rubbing off a little in the evening, I still call it a steal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

I was visiting my relatives a couple thousand miles away and realized that I forgot to pack my foundation! so, I grabbed this on a whim since I just needed a quick replacement and it was really inexpensive. I'm so glad I did!
First off, I must say that I am in love with the spatula applicator. When it comes to liquid foundations, I dot the product on my face and then blend it out with a brush. Usually, I'm pretty annoyed with having to dip my finger in a liquid foundation and having residue left over on my finger, so the spatula applicator is really nice for avoiding that issue!
I was so surprised to see how much coverage this foundation offered after I blended it out. All my problem areas were completely gone and my skin looked flawless! The colour match was pretty close, too. It's nothing I could complain about.
I often forget to use primer, so I only dust my face with some loose powder after foundation and by the end of the day it had oxidized just tiny little bit, but I didn't really mind because the coverage was still there and it still looked pretty flawless!
Once I got home I actually replaced my foundation I was using before with this one because I loved this one so much.
I like experimenting with new products all the time, so I probably won't immediately repurchase. But if there aren't any new foundations that appeal to me once I finish this bottle, I'd buy this one again for sure!!

EDIT: this stuff transfers onto clothing sooooooo bad. it's ridiculous. because of that I really don't think its my HG foundation anymore..I'm taking off a lippie for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This foundation was average, nothing special. I wish this had worked since the price is right and I like the majority of rimmel products I have tried.
Pros:
Price
Nice satin finish

Cons:
the lightest color is to dark for my pasty irish skin
Applicator is inconvenient
I found i had to put on a lot to get the coverage I wanted

I will not be repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleInHerEye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually received this product for free, however, it is only $3.97 at Walmart. I apply this particular foundation with my fingers and I find it to be very creamy and light. Mine is in the colour 120 Ivory. I have areas on my face that need concealing and this foundation does a nice job of hiding them just a bit before I apply concealer. Be careful because it dries pretty quick! The packaging is different in that it is a glass bottle with a twist off cap and wand. It's like a little paddle. My only issue with this is I'm not sure how hygienic it is. I don't mind it because it really allows you to get the exact amount you want. I'm 27 and the the beginnings of lines and wrinkles and I love that this product didn't settle in my lines as so many foundations do! Also, it did not cause any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by sherpa

I really like this foundation. First off, I have the colour soft beige, and I have had no problems with it oxidizing at all - maybe it's just the darker shades that oxidize? The packaging is a little weird... I'd prefer if it came with a pump instead of a spatula. Once it's out of the bottle, I find it dries very fast, so I have to apply it to my face in sections otherwise it is hard to blend evenly. It's medium coverage but it does a good job at concealing the major redness I get in my cheeks. Stays on well with primer. Con: it can feel really heavy when you first apply it. Other than that, I think it's great. It matches me perfectly, stays on all day with primer, and I've even received compliments on my "flawless" skin. I just ordered a beauty blender so I'm looking forward to trying it with that.

I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and it's definitely my favourite foundation. Give it a go if you have a chance.