December 22, 2014 | 1098 users online

Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Brightening scrub + mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This scrub is really not useful. This uses jojoba beads, which I am not really a fan of, but the cleansing part of the scrub is nice. I do not know if this will be useful in the long-term for brightening. Right now, this is just a glorified facial wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product! It smells good, feels nice and is made with lovely ingredients. The scrubbing beads are jojoba and they're round, which is great because it's not harsh at all. I had also purchased the Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliant Paste around the same time, which turned out to be a bit harsh in comparison. I get eczema on my face from time to time and the Aesop definitely didn't work when I had an outbreak. The 100% Pure, on other hand, didn't irritate my eczema and took care of the flakies. I used it after my oil cleanser (was using MAC Cleansing Oil at the time) practically every day and it never made my skin raw or red. I also felt like my face was nice and clean without being stripped, which exfoliants often have a bad habit of doing. I'm not sure how much brightening happened, but my face always looked fresh after using this product. It's not going to take a layer of skin off, but if you're looking for something nice and scrubby, but not harsh for every day use, I would definitely recommend. The only reason I took a star off is for the price. I got it discounted, but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it. Also, I never used it as a mask.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by eatmyshort

this thing contains wax and jojoba oil that can cause break out for some people. It looked good for the first two weeks then I noticed clogged pores after that. I stopped and my skin went back to normal. Too bad it didn't work out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by jenniferhearts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Seriously, this is the best facial wash/scrub I have used. I have dry skin and oily skin in different places, but this works for both. One thing I will say is that it doesn't remove makeup as well as a normal facial cleanser, but it really deeply penetrates my pores and makes my skin soft and radiant. I don't think it is great for prevention of acne, but I use this with other acne spot treatments. I tried to use a facial wash to remove my makeup, but I think I'll go back to using this daily because the results of a soft, radiant face are what I want. I will have to use makeup remover sheets beforehand, because it is difficult to remove eye makeup with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best scrub I've ever used! This stuff makes my face feel so incredibly silky smooth and it's so gentle, I use it every day and it keeps my skin calm and the clearest it's ever been. It smells so refreshing and the pure, beneficial ingredients are top notch.

As far as brightening, I'm not sure if it does more than other scrubs, but since it's gentle enough to use every day, it's taking off dead skin cells and creating more skin renewal, so it probably is helping with scarring, in general. I just have a lot of post acne scarring and hyperpigmentation from years of acne that won't be solved from a simple scrub. It's doing all that it can, though. And, I love it for what it is. Pure, simple, gentle, and absolutely non-irritating! I will continue to purchase this in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by bekcogent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells so good, like lemon and other yummy natural ingredients. I used it for the first time today and I really like it. It's not abrasive at all, unlike some other scrubs. I left it on for about 10 minutes and when I washed it off my face looked fresh and glowing. I will be using this again and returning to update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this through a contest and I will order a full size very soon! I love this scrub. It smells citrus-y (like lemon) and exfoliates very well without scratching the skin; the jojoba beads are PERFECTLY round. The consistency of the scrub is creamy and it doesn't foam, so I use it every morning in the shower when my pores have been steaming, and when I'm out of the shower, I use the brightening toner all over my face with a cotton pad. I look forward to purchasing their other scrubs as well. (superfruits & wine reservatrol) The price seemed kind of pricey to me before I tried it, but it's the best scrub I've found so far and I think the price is quite worth it!