August 23, 2014 | 1759 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - High Impact Lipstick SPF 15 - Red-y To Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by emilee724

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been looking for a bright, true red lipstick for a while and was trying to decide between Red-y to Wear and Angel Red. The Angel Red formula was too sheer and slightly wine on me, so I went home with Red-y to Wear. This High Impact lipstick is very pigmented and opaque in one or two swipes. The key to a smooth result is application. You need to exfoliate and moisturize your lips first. I felt this needed a lipliner to hold it in place and prevent feathering, and I also applied it to just one half of my lips and smudged both lips together as it is highly pigmented. After blotting, I set with Clinique lipgloss in Juicy Apple. Can be applied more heavily for a bold evening look or without gloss for a satin finish. Otherwise, it can be worn in daytime with minimal eye makeup - just apply lightly, smudge and blot.

I have olive NC35 Asian skin that turns NC 40-42 in the summer with a tan. This reads a neutral medium red with definite pink undertones. There is no hint of orange, wine, brick or tomato red. This is a classic, pin-up cherry red for me and lasts 4-5 hours before fading into a light stain. I sometimes dab my finger on my lips and apply to both cheek temples for a perfectly matched blush. Great price for a department store lipstick, formula is moisturizing, not tacky and very flattering on yellow undertones. Highly recommend and would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by brigidmarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

A glam red that's not over the top, Red-y to Wear is a great, wearable shade of red. It looks good with fair skin, which works for me. I do feel that it needs a liner though, as it can move around without one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Looks like a dramatic neutral red on me - I have yellow tones and it suits me. A bold, creamy mid red - not deep but 'in your face' and totally gorgeous. Doesn't wear as long as I'd like it too. This is my signature red lipstick and I love it when I get it as a GWP.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! It's a great red, it looks really nice, not too shiny, not too matte. It is pretty long-staying. It's perfect for my pin-up looks. The bad thing is the price... but another good thing added to all is that a little goes a long way, so it's worth it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I don't actually own this product, but I tried it on for fun today at Sephora, and this is the only red that's ever looked good on my fair skin. I tried to make MAC's Russian Red work for me because I heard blue-based reds look good on any skintone, but it just didn't work for me. I'm no expert but this seems like a blue-based red, too, but for some reason, this just looked great on me. I love the texture of Clinique lipsticks. They feel very moisturizing, almost like a gloss without the stickiness, which is the perfect texture for me. The only reason I don't actually own this is because I'm not very daring. If I could feel confident enough to wear a red lip, this would be it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I forgot how good this lipstick is! I rediscovered it as part of my 'low buy'. I have a lot of red lipsticks and think this is amazing.

Firstly the colour is gorgeous. It is highly pigmented so you could dab it on or for a really dramatic look - that will not smear or bleed all over your face - you could 'plaster' it on. (Don't know the technical term!)

It has a satin finish - it's not completely matte and not very shiny. It stayed on all night and suited my NW15 skin tone.

Perfect for a vintage glamour look.