November 23, 2014 | 991 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm - Tiger Lily

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with the cardboard packaging and thought it was going to be a different packaging from the typical Burt's Bees products. As soon as I opened it I thought, "oh, they look the same." However, the product makes up for the packaging. Folks, this is what a tinted lip balm should be, excellent hydration plus great color.

Tiger lily gives a sheer coverage of a warm peachy nude but can be built up if needed. If this color provided more coverage such as a lipstick, it would wash me out and look ghostly. I've happened to like pairing Tiger lily with a heavier eye makeup for the light wash of color and it doesn't overpower the rest of the makeup. And of course, the renowned brand could have not done it without adding the signature moisture which is what lured me to the product in the first place.

In a frenzy searching for the first Tiger lily at home, I bought two more of these so I think I will be suffice for a while

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Beehive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite colour of all the range. It's nice and neutrally, slightly peachy, and warm, which is why I find this one matches best with my tan skin. Looks completely natural, and I think the pigment in it is just right, however if you have dark lips this particular colour might not show up as well if not at all.
Moisturises fantastically, yet you have to bear in mind that it IS ESSENTIALLY a lip balm NOT a lipstick, therefore you shouldn't expect the colour to stay glued onto your lips all day.
I also find it's not to matte and not to sheer, it's a perfect blend in between.

Only down fall for me is the price, which comes at 5- 6 here in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I think this is a really nice lip balm, but nothing particularly wonderful. I love the almost coral color (more like a coral/nude/pink) on my lips which really brightens my complexion without looking like I am wearing anything.

I would prefer it to be more pigmented and a little longer lasting but for a basic lip balm I much prefer this to Fresh's range of overpriced lip balms. I would buy this color again and I will also try some of the other colors in this range eventually.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

I should never have changed from the original formula which I have used for over a decade

colour was totally lame- actually what colour ? it seemed invisible on me.
unhydrating

gave it away the very next day
not a moment too soon

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Broke6969

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a good lip product. It's moisturizing and has a sheer tint to it that's not overwhelming but isn't so sheer that it can't be seen. I like the color, it's a darker pink that looks nice with my fair NW15 complexion when I want to add a little bit of color. I would most likely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I bought this as a way to add moisture with a nude color to my lips. This is not moisturizing : ( While it is cheaper than my alternative, L'Oreal's balm in Comforting Caramel, L'Oreal's balm has gold shimmer. Not worth having both.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For what it is, a TINTED lip balm, its very nice.
You shouldnt be expecting over the top color pay off with this type of product. It leaves a nice peachy caramelly shine thats leaves the lips soft. Much better price point then LM's at sephora or the comparable FRESH sugar tinted balms (honey). Both of those are $20+ so in comparison its not badly priced at all for what you get. Its the perfect on the go neutral shade for yellow/warm toned people with out an overly obvious and extreme shine like some leave behind which can be to much sometimes. This is very nice and natural and as long as they make it, Il buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by lyssabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! The peachy colour looks great on me, and it feels so nice on my lips. I also have it in Honeysuckle, and I really like that one, too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The packaging is of a beautiful peachy-coral color; that would make this my favorite 'tinted' balm, had it any actual tint! Its soo sheer & my lips aren't even pigmented. Swatched on my hand its a hue of caramel if I stare up real close. At $7 a piece for bulky deceitful packaging (totally the size of an avg chapstick), its way too over priced & not even super moisturizing--> such a disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Rachael22

I really wanted to love this, but I don't. I like the color and it flatters my skin (fair with pink undertones), but the texture is off for me. I have to put on a lot of it to get the moisture effect, but when I do that it looks like I've caked on a bright peachy nude lip stick. The color stains my lips if I wear it, leaving them looking a brighter, unnatural looking pink when it wears off. I do not care for the smell of the product, and $7 is high for a tinted lip balm. IF I wear the product, I have to wear a moisturizing balm under it so that it 1) doesn't cake and settle in the lines of my dried-out lips and 2) gives a more natural color (because I don't have to cake on) and not stain my lips when it wears off. That's a lot of effort for a product that I did not want to have to use a mirror to apply. Packaging was cute and I like having a clear ingredient label that I don't have to search for, but the packaging did lead me to believe that the product was going to be bigger than an average sized lip balm. Also, $7 is a lot to pay for the extra fancy cardboard tube packaging - won't be buying again.

EDIT - So I pulled this out of my makeup drawer the other day and I do actually like it. But I do have to wear a moisturizing lip balm under it so that it doesn't settle into my lines and so that I don't have to cake it on. The color is very very light, but it's flattering on my skin and has a beautiful subtle shine. I will say that this product is not for someone who's looking for more color, it's really a nude lip color.