Clarins Gentle Exfoliater Brightening Toner

4.2

WATER/AQUA,ALCOHOL,GLYCERIN,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,TROMETHAMINE,GLYCOLIC ACID,PPG-5-CETETH-20,TARTARIC ACID,CELLULOSE GUM,ARGININE,TAMARINDUS INDICA EXTRACT,DISODIUM EDTA,SALICYLIC ACID,LAMIUM ALBUM FLOWER EXTRACT,PARFUM/FRAGRANCE,SAMBUCAS NIGRA FLOWER EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED OPUNTIA FICUS-INDICA FLOWER EXTRACT,PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, MIMOSA TENUIFLORA BARK EXTRACT, SODIUM BENZOATE,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN,POTASSIUM SORBATE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, GERANIOL, CITRONELLOL, BENZYL BENZOATE,BUTYLPHENYLMETHYLPROPIONAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLO HEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL

on 7/13/2015 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I used to stay away from AHA's because they made my skin break out. This toner was bought on a whim, and I did think "what did I just buy?!" when I came home and read the label properly. But I just went ahead and started using it. Every morning I use this a toner, let it dry and then put my serum/moisturiser on top. When I started with this my skin was in a bad way with lots of hormonal acne and milia. This has helped clear it all up. I love that it's not a really strong AHA, thus I use it every day. Packaging says to use it twice a week but if you are used to acids than every day shouldn't be a problem. Smell is gorgeous (like always with Clarins) and packaging is minimal and functional (again, as always with Clarins). Recommended!!

on 6/22/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Over the years, I've received several decent sized GWP bottles of this toner. I've only recently started using it regularly and love the results. My experience is like that of several others - this stuff is clearing out the pores on my nose and is generally a great over-all toner/exfoliating product. The instructions say to use it only once or twice a week but lately, I've been using it daily with absolutely no ill effects. In fact, it's quite the opposite - perhaps because this is a gentle product, using it daily is giving excellent results. It does caution that sun protection should be used when using this product but as I wear sunscreen every day, this isn't an issue for me. When I finish my small bottles of this, I will definitely be buying the full size which, for a prestige brand like Clarins, is still relatively reasonably priced.

on 6/17/2015 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this gentle toner. I use this most often as a morning tone. Sometimes at night if my skin is feeling irritated. I have several acid toners that I like to rotate, this is one I always have on hand. Great for brightening up dull looking skin.

on 5/26/2015 3:23:00 PM

On my second bottle. Gentle way to exfoliate, i sometimes use it every day and at times go for days without it depending on my skin's needs. If i apply it in the day before my makeup n moisturizer, somehow my skin feels extra soft when i take off makeup at night. Only w this product do i notice this. It feels like my moisturizer sinks in better after using this. For night time i prefer a stronger exfoliator with AHAs or BHAs at higher concentrations.

on 5/3/2015 7:52:00 AM

Been using this for 2 months. I love it how this products brightens up my dark blemishes. it looks like they go through phases. 1. darkish blue/purple 2. soft red 3. light pink and then the discoloration is gone!
1 ippie less because it doesn't prevent me from clogged pores.

on 1/15/2015 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this after looking for a exfoliant and seeing the recommendation on Caroline Hirons' site. I've been using it for about nine months now, and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. It's a great nightly toner that makes my skin appear brighter. While the price can be a bit steep, it lasts much longer than other toners. I buy my daytime toner at least two times before I have to replace this.

on 11/19/2014 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really love this product. I bought it after Caroline Hirons recommend it (check her out if you haven't already), but I'm already a loyal clarins fan. I didn't think it was doing anything at first. But after a few weeks I noticed my skin was much smoother, more even and generally looked better. I don't often get major breakouts, just one or two spots and a few angry ones during my TOTM. Usually spots take forever to heal and leave a scar for weeks (sometimes months) after. My skin is not particularly sensitive, so during times when my skin is throwing a fit I start using this 3-5 times a week. It seems to minimise breakouts and make everything clear up and heal much faster. Also, old acne scars have lightened from using this and after a few months I've started receiving compliments on my skin. Would absolutely recommend, also I think the price is fair for what it is - but if you check the clarins website they give out free samples and usually have an offer on so you really get your money's worth.

UPDATE: I have since done my research about use of chemical exfoliants, especially aha, bha and retinol. Over exfoliation of the skin can and will cause premature ageing. There is a limit to how many times our skin can renew and repair itself in a lifetime (called the Hayflick limit. Once it gets near that limit the skin becomes fragile, prone to damage (wrinkles etc too) and less able to absorb nutrients and moisture. Please be careful ladies! However, I will continue to use this product occasionally and with caution when my skin is in need of a boost - just absolutely not every week. I will repurchase, buy but this is no longer a regular part of my skincare routine.

on 10/30/2014 6:48:00 AM

I use this toner day and night to keep my dry, dull skin looking nice and glowy. It's a super easy way of introducing gentle AHAs into your skincare routine - just pour a bit on a pad, swipe and you're good to go. I use it after washing my face, and before popping on my serums/moisturiser. I really feel like it helps all my other products to penetrate the skin better because it gently removes the keratinised top layer of dead skin. Price is also really good given it lasts a long time. I think I use about a bottle every 6 months and I'm not particularly cautious when I pour it out.

on 7/23/2014 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have dehydrated, acne-prone skin and this toner has worked a charm! I was slightly reluctant to try this toner out at first, seeing as it's rather expensive (I payed 25 for just 125ml - whereas my old toner was 2 for 200ml)
However, none of the previous toners I used have ever came close to this one. Using it for the first time, it felt smoother than my other toners and glided on like a dream. I know that may sound slightly ridiculous seeing as all toners are smooth, but it just felt nicer and more luxurious on the skin. After a couple of weeks of using this toner once a day (at night), my skin texture improved greatly, and my face looked brighter and less congested. I would certainly be interested in repurchasing, but unfortunately I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford it (the joys of being a student).

on 3/25/2014 1:18:00 PM

Love. Total love for this product. The bottle is great as design means it doesn't spill if knocked over, opaque so less likely to spoil quickly on light exposure and light enought to port. The smell is nice and I am not overly fond of scented products but this is fine, not too sweet or headache inducing. The cost is twenty five pounds and as I plan on only using it once or twice a week I feel it is a good investment.
For the last decade I have had a gradual build up of bumps under the skin which are really visible in bright light but as they were mostly on my chin they did not bother me too much as figured hormones etc but now they are on my cheeks just under my eyes and all over my forehead which used to be beautifully clear. Have never had perfect skin but was pleased with my clear cheeks and forehead. Nothing has worked to remove them. Facials, serums, saunas, spot treatments so gave this a try after reading about it on various blogs. Lots of reviews on how it got rid of bumpy skin. Was sceptical.
One visit to clarins counter and came back with this and samples of sensitive day and night cream. I know I was only to use it twice a week but after first use at night and seeing the results the next morning I used it again and the next day. Oops. Result almost flat,smooth forehead. Honestly bumps are 90% gone. Cheeks are clearing nicely. BUT obviously too much too soon for my skin as skin a wee bit red on cheeks so am going to stick to the directions and use once or twice a week. Also you must use SPF with this as skin is prone to freckling after.......I didn't as weather is overcast and I live in Scotland but on a walk to the nursery I came back with a crop of freckles around my hairline. Which looks nice to me but guess skin is sensitised with this product.
Less bumps and brighter skin. No dryness even though there is an alcohol content and my skin usually has dry patches on cheeks. Cleanse , tone, serum, moisturiser and lovely skin. Worth the money. My skin has not looked this clear in years. No reaction to it. I have a four day rule with new products because by the fourth day my skin reacts but on day seven. Am very hopeful.
3rd April no breakouts or adverse reactions from this just beautifully clear skin. I can't believe the difference it has made. My skin feels so soft, not dry and my facial oils just get absorbed into my skin after using this. An absolute must buy for those with combination,dehydrated, ageing and sensitive skin just don't overuse it at the beginning.

Top Rated Clarins Products