December 18, 2014 | 1830 users online

Toners - Clarins - Gentle Exfoliater Brightening Toner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ness321

I really love this product. I bought it after Caroline Hirons recommend it (check her out if you haven't already), but I'm already a loyal clarins fan. I didn't think it was doing anything at first. But after a few weeks I noticed my skin was much smoother, more even and generally looked better. I don't often get major breakouts, just one or two spots and a few angry ones during my TOTM. Usually spots take forever to heal and leave a scar for weeks (sometimes months) after. My skin is not particularly sensitive, so during times when my skin is throwing a fit I start using this 3-5 times a week. It seems to minimise breakouts and make everything clear up and heal much faster. Also, old acne scars have lightened from using this and after a few months I've started receiving compliments on my skin. Would absolutely recommend, also I think the price is fair for what it is - but if you check the clarins website they give out free samples and usually have an offer on so you really get your money's worth!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by zcselman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this toner day and night to keep my dry, dull skin looking nice and glowy. It's a super easy way of introducing gentle AHAs into your skincare routine - just pour a bit on a pad, swipe and you're good to go. I use it after washing my face, and before popping on my serums/moisturiser. I really feel like it helps all my other products to penetrate the skin better because it gently removes the keratinised top layer of dead skin. Price is also really good given it lasts a long time. I think I use about a bottle every 6 months and I'm not particularly cautious when I pour it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Sian01

I have dehydrated, acne-prone skin and this toner has worked a charm! I was slightly reluctant to try this toner out at first, seeing as it's rather expensive (I payed 25 for just 125ml - whereas my old toner was 2 for 200ml)
However, none of the previous toners I used have ever came close to this one. Using it for the first time, it felt smoother than my other toners and glided on like a dream. I know that may sound slightly ridiculous seeing as all toners are smooth, but it just felt nicer and more luxurious on the skin. After a couple of weeks of using this toner once a day (at night), my skin texture improved greatly, and my face looked brighter and less congested. I would certainly be interested in repurchasing, but unfortunately I'm not sure if I'd be able to afford it (the joys of being a student).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love. Total love for this product. The bottle is great as design means it doesn't spill if knocked over, opaque so less likely to spoil quickly on light exposure and light enought to port. The smell is nice and I am not overly fond of scented products but this is fine, not too sweet or headache inducing. The cost is twenty five pounds and as I plan on only using it once or twice a week I feel it is a good investment.
For the last decade I have had a gradual build up of bumps under the skin which are really visible in bright light but as they were mostly on my chin they did not bother me too much as figured hormones etc but now they are on my cheeks just under my eyes and all over my forehead which used to be beautifully clear. Have never had perfect skin but was pleased with my clear cheeks and forehead. Nothing has worked to remove them. Facials, serums, saunas, spot treatments so gave this a try after reading about it on various blogs. Lots of reviews on how it got rid of bumpy skin. Was sceptical.
One visit to clarins counter and came back with this and samples of sensitive day and night cream. I know I was only to use it twice a week but after first use at night and seeing the results the next morning I used it again and the next day. Oops. Result almost flat,smooth forehead. Honestly bumps are 90% gone. Cheeks are clearing nicely. BUT obviously too much too soon for my skin as skin a wee bit red on cheeks so am going to stick to the directions and use once or twice a week. Also you must use SPF with this as skin is prone to freckling after.......I didn't as weather is overcast and I live in Scotland but on a walk to the nursery I came back with a crop of freckles around my hairline. Which looks nice to me but guess skin is sensitised with this product.
Less bumps and brighter skin. No dryness even though there is an alcohol content and my skin usually has dry patches on cheeks. Cleanse , tone, serum, moisturiser and lovely skin. Worth the money. My skin has not looked this clear in years. No reaction to it. I have a four day rule with new products because by the fourth day my skin reacts but on day seven. Am very hopeful.
3rd April no breakouts or adverse reactions from this just beautifully clear skin. I can't believe the difference it has made. My skin feels so soft, not dry and my facial oils just get absorbed into my skin after using this. An absolute must buy for those with combination,dehydrated, ageing and sensitive skin just don't overuse it at the beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by alesdux

I have adult acne on the sides of my face and this toner definitely helped me solving my problem. I use it 2xweek and it lasts ages. I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a three month stretch of bad skin. I had break outs the the after effect of acne marks and discoloration. I was so frustrated! So in came this toner...and two months later I can see a HUGE difference. My skin is even in tone and texture and I can go makeup free again! I love this and will continue to use and repurchase this toner!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by enki

Love, love, love this toner. Brightens my skin and helps with overall smoothness and clarity.

Also found fewer hormonal breakouts since I've been using this and if I do get a pimple/bump it doesn't seem to last as long.

Not horrendously priced. Definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so pleased with this product! I've got sensitive skin and suffer from redness across my cheeks! If my skin does not like something ill break out into a red blotchy mess! However since using this product my skin is much brighter. It's taken away a lot of my redness across my cheeks and I haven't reacted to it. I'm really pleased! I use it as directed twice a week and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by liselorebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love using this product, but I don't really know why. It is often decribed as an instant pick-me-up for your skin, but I can't really tell the difference to be honest.

That being said, it does feel nice. I use it every now and then after cleansing my face at the end the day and it jsut feels good. I particularly like the 'balmy' feeling. It definately does not feel drying. I have not noticed any exfoliating though.

Anyway, I'm sure it does something, if not- it's just very nice to end a cleansing routine with.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For someone with ultra-dry, ultra-sensitive, eczema and acne prone skin (thanks Accutane!) acid toners are generally off the cards. I haven't been able to use Alpha-H Liquid Gold (and certainly not a scrub) in a very long time due to the irritation. My skin was super flaky and in desperate need for exfoliation, and I heard this was a nice and gentle version of my favourite acid toners. And it's a LIFESAVER!

I can use this every single morning and have been for about a month now. No irritation or dry, tight sensation, only hydration. I took a couple of days 'off' just in case, but all I noticed was my skin getting a little worse! Clearly it was working. Breakouts have diminished (although that is probably the Accutane doing its thing), my old acne scars are fading and the general smoothness and feel of my skin has vastly improved. I used to hate feeling my face due to the rough, sensitive, painful texture. This toner cured that.

I really like the smell and texture, and the alcohol and fragrance contained hasn't been an issue for me. I'm also less than a quarter of the way through my 125ml bottle and it's been a month, even though I've been applying with cotton pads.

If you are on Accutane or have otherwise very dry and sensitive skin, you really, really need this or a similarly gentle acid toner. Don't use harsher toners or scrubs, I beg of you. This is the ANSWER. Amen.