October 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Wild Elixir

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Of all the EL fragrances Wild elixir is actually very wearable, it isn't wild, neither is it an elixir. Just a nice pleasant floral scent, with a hint of tropical zest...pretty. Unassuming. A bit boring and flat for my taste..but quite soft..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by novasole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought my bottle of this about a year ago, and I still have over half of the bottle left after regular use. One spray on my wrists in the morning is enough to leave me with a creamy, comforting remnant at the end of the day; one spritz in my hair (which some say is a no-no, I know) and I smell the uber-feminine white florals whenever I shake my head until the next time I wash my hair. Strangely, I can't smell the violet top-note that first drew me to the fragrance, so that's a bit of a bummer. I'm still very pleased with the fragrance, however. Out of the top notes, I think it is the genet flower that sticks out to me the most (I can't be sure because I haven't smelled it elsewhere), with a good portion of jasmine thrown in. There is almost no musk to it until the florals fade (after several hours), and the gardenia and waterlily keep it from being cloying.

Wild Elixir isn't a distinctive fragrance in the usual sense... When I think of EL, I think of heavier, muskier scents that remind me of my mother and grandmother. Wild Elixir isn't heavy or musky, which makes it feel younger. At the same time, it isn't at all fruity. It's just unobtrusively pretty, which I'm looking for as a student. I feel comfortable wearing it to my 9 a.m. class, professors' office hours, my job with administrators, studying in the library, and hanging out with friends. I don't wear it as much in winter, but it's perfect for spring and summer. Being limited edition is a blessing and a curse: I don't think anyone else on campus wears it, but I'll be sad when I eventually run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by slenderstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews here--then again, choice in fragrance is so personal. I really liked this when I tested it--it is very similar to Coach's signature fragrance (and lists similar notes). Fresh green floral lovers will really like it, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if this perfume garners a lot of compliments. EL does perfume exceptionally well, and I don't think this is an exception.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Leralina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wery good done perfume, I was going to buy it after the firet testing. As for me, and I don't know how any flowers smell, it smells like lily of a valley.. ( wow, we have in Russian language separate word for this, this is not LILY at all...))))). So, I wanted something with this valley's lily, noble and worthy, and the Elexir was found the same. But, after several testing, I put it to the shelf " good, but I don't need it". I still like it, but I really don't need it. The name of it- WILD- is unintelligible for me, it is not wild at all. I advise it for my mum and the classics oriented friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

I took a chance on this and purchased from EL's website when it first became available. I was hoping it would grow on me but it's just so-so. There's really not one note that sticks out. Altogether it's rather generic. Unoffensive, but no wow factor either. Just plain. I wish I'd have repurchased Beautiful EDP instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow, i can't believe the rating is this low for this scent! I sampled it yesterday and its lovely. Notes from Fragrantica: Mandarin, Marigold, Purple Freesia and Violet Leaves create a dazzling, multi-sensorial first impression.

The heart is a wild expression of flowers across a spectrum of colors and scents. Wild Gardenia, Pink Muguet, Blue Jasmine and Dewy Waterlily form a multi-faceted, airy bouquet around a signature of Genet Flower, an incandescent mimosa-honey scented flower.

At the end, captivating Orris, Amberwood, Musk and Sandalwood are woven together to create a drydown of smooth, sultry sensuality
this is like walking through the garden full of fresh flowers. Its completely unlike Pleasures which i never cared for-Wild Elixir actually smells like real fresh flowers. I don't smell mandarin at all, for me the it all blends into fresh gardenia, freesia and water lily. There is little musk coming through on the drydown but that's it. I think anytime there is gardenia in the floral fragrance, it usually overpowers all and Wild Elixir is no different. I was wearing Marc Jacobs today and Wild Elixir smells very, very simular. No, its not totally the same but there is the same almost aquatic feel to it, and while MJ smells completely and entirely of gardenia and tuberose, in WE i do smell a bit more of a variety of florals. None the same, its very close. I already own MJ so i won't be getting WE even though i was tempted. It a very nice fresh floral that smells like spring walk in the beautiful floral garden. I have to compliment EL for creating such a nice fragrance which doesn't smell like anything else this line has. Unfortunately, lasting power is not the greatest. I get less then 2 hours out of it
Bottle is lovely and i actually like it a lot more than MJ bottle which i always thought was too plain and akward shape. I disagree with the previous reviewer that this is fruity. While mandarin is in the notes, there is nothing whatsoever fruity about this scent(or generic)-its all about big lush white florals. I think if you are prone to migraines from florals or fresh green florals is not your cup of tea, this fragrance is not for you. Only fresh floral lovers may apply!
P.S This is what i expected Country chic from BBW to smell like, alas that wasn't it at all

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by maybelle

I had high hopes for this; I got a sample, then simply bought it because it was the last in stock (I think this is LE for this spring?). The first blast is very pleasant, a fruity, but not too sweet scent, floral and citrus. Even the initial dry down for the first hour was okay. However, now that I've worn it for a few hours, it has that generic perfume smell that gives me a bit of a headache. Might be a specific combo and concentration of the musk and amber base that does not work for me. So, I'm returning the brand new bottle I got, and upgrade to something else so I can keep my GWP.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a possible headache inducer. It is also very nice for spring if you can get past or are unaffected by a headache trigger. This is a fresh alive white and green floral featuring lots of honeysuckle and pollen and sunshine! This is one of the better EL fragrances and if I didn't get a headache from it, I might really love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Lasting power is pretty good for an EDT! I wouldn't suggest more than two sprays because it is pretty strong. Not real crazy about the scent... It's nice, it's just not me. The bottle is pretty plain, but I love the bright pink color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by abbygal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this new fragrance from EL! A perfect scent for Spring,. Fresh, awakening, makes me happy! It also lasts along time on me 8 + hours. I think this one will be popular, it's definately not a grandmotherly scent! Also, gotta love the bottle.

BTW - What's happening at EL? The new makeup line is also fabulous!