October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Blush - Famous by Sue Moxley - Shimmer Brick

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by kazina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are awesome. It's a blatant rip off of Bobbi Brown, but they do it very well. I own a few Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks too, and I can't actually say I notice much difference in quality. Maybe the BB are slightly more finely milled, so they look more shimmery whereas these look more frosty. Maybe. Once again, I'd say the difference is minimal. And since they are like 5 times cheaper, I would only bother getting another BB brick if I wanted a colour that was not similar to any of these five. Also, BB shimmer bricks have rather bulky packaging, while these are very thin, so while the BB packaging might make the expensive item more protected, this size is better for travelling.
I have three of these - Light, Golden Rose and Rose Glow.
Light is similar to BB shimmer brick in Beige, it's a light golden beige. I don't own Beige, so I'm not sure what the difference would be on the face, but I did a comparison swatch of both when I was shopping a few weeks ago, and remember that the Beige was more cool toned, whereas the Light is more warm toned. Similar shade and intensity though. So I actually prefer the Light since my skin is medium/light tan, it looks so gorgeous on, especially if you apply it very lightly. I also have the LE BB Sandstone shimmer brick, I've just swatched it and it's very very similar to Light, the only difference is that Sandstone looks like it's going slightly more towards rose/brown, whereas the Light is going towards gold.
Golden Rose is maybe supposed to be a dupe of Pink Quartz? Not sure. In any case it is, as the name suggests, a golden rose or a rosy bronze, and works really well on tanned skin.
Rose Glow looks like a dupe of Nectar, so a pink/coral/gold. It sort of is, but I've just swatched both on my hand and on my skin tone Nectar is lighter and more golden whereas Rose Glow has more pink in it. Also Rose Glow applies more opaquely, so if you want a soft glow you have to apply it lighter than you would the Nectar. But since the Rose Glow is more opaque, it can also be worn as a gorgeous shimmery blush.
I passed on the last two in the range, Pink Bronze and Medium, because Pink is quite close to the BB Rose shimmer brick I already have, and I think both are too cool for my colouring, and the Medium, which I think is supposed to be a dupe of BB Bronze, because it is too bronze :-)
Would also like to mention that I think that the Famous line in general is *amazing*. Their eyeshadows, and especially their eyeshadow quads, are awesome. Lovely bright lipsticks, elegant shades of nail polishes. Very underrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by almost40

I have a few of these and they are fab quality for the money.I have rose pink which is quite vibrant and can be used as a blush as its so pigmented,golden rose which is softer but so pretty on,the pink one which is very pretty and subtle and the light bronzed one which is lovely and glowy.They dont contain loads of glitter,just a soft shimmer and they are so easy to use.As the user below said,they are fantastic value for the money and are very compariable to higher end brands,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brand is available in Superdrug in the UK. I was immediately drawn to the Shimmer Brick in Pink. No prizes for guessing who's being ripped off here! It seems similar to BB Pink Quartz in the pan. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, just going by what I remember of the BB. It swatches as a pale petal pink, its slightly blue-toned but also a little peachy with its golden shimmer, very pretty and kinda unique.

I'm MAC NC30ish and this shows up well on me even though it's pale. I guess it's the contrast. If you are pink-toned it may not show up as well. On me, this is an innocent-looking pink flush with an icy shimmer, almost white but not chalky. The shimmer is exactly the same lovely glow as BB shimmerbrick. Exactly the same. The price is FANTASTIC at 6.50

Compact is just a cheap one with no mirror. Transparent lid so you can see what's inside. The compact is smaller than BB so easier to carry round. The product size though seems comparable (it doesn't say how much it weighs so I don't know for sure).

Also comes, from memory, in a peachy colour, a brightish pink which seems to be a copy of BB nectar, a bronzey colour and a rose. I'm going back for the peach.