NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I gave this product a fair shot, I really did. I purchased Istanbul, Milan, and San Paolo believing they would be a good match for my NW13 skin. While NYX did an okay job with the actual shades, these just don't work for me due to their poor staying power/longevity. They do feel comfortable on the lips since it's such a creamy formula, but the color really only lasts about an hour or two before disappearing completely. I won't be repurchasing these anymore.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The smell of this product is so off-putting I'm giving it 1 star based on that aspect alone, because I would never actually put this on my lips or wear it due to the smell. If the smell bothers you like it does me, I suggest trying the NYX Liquid Suedes which are unscented.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a love-hate relationship with these and it's mostly because they're inconsistent.

I have six shades (a couple are pending a return so I'll probably own 3. Plus I've returned some in the past) but they really do vary per shade which is very frustrating when you're a budget-conscious buyer and just want to know what to expect when you spend your money.

I love these because they're a great go-between for those of us (me) who really dislike traditional liquid lipsticks but like a matte lip product every once in a while. They're so lightweight that I forget I have them on.

The shades are also bountiful and interesting. I think anyone can find a couple that suit them.

What finally prompted my review of these despite my familiarity going back a couple years is that I just ordered some of the new shades and despite being ecstatic about the color choices, I was left sorely disappointed with the performance. I got Moscow, a navy, but still somehow bright, blue, Seoul, a purpley pink, Vancouver, a deep, true purple, Paris, a fuchsia, Istanbul (not new) a cool-toned medium-light wearable pink and Havana, a bright medium-dark purple.

Paris and Istanbul were outstanding: pigmented and smooth. But the others, and again, it killed me because the colors are awesome, were sheer and streaky. I had to layer so much on it affected how they sat on the lips and it took quite a few layers to make them not look streaky.

I like to keep a very well-edited collection and I only hold onto things I truly love and use. I'm tempted with these because the colors are unique but the difference in quality from shade to shade drives me up the wall.

Try these -- but keep your receipt.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really love these! very affordable, pigmented and a great assortment of colors. They are a bit drying but i suggest putting a hydrating balm or even a similar lipstick. (one thats not so drying) then applying the Lip Creams. Its not as drying and last longer. Most of them are even my Go-To lip colors when I cant decide what to wear on my lips. I can get past the drying effects it has because I know MOST liquid lipsticks have the same effect.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Ibiza- warm neon strawberry pink
San Paolo-rosey raspberry pink
My two favs.

Long wearing and so pretty!

To be honest I have mixed feelings about this product. I purchased Stockholm, Abu Dhabi, London, Antwerp, and Istanbul. From all the matte lip colors I own, this does not dry out my lip because it's so smooth. With other liquid lipsticks you know it has set when it feels tight on your lips but with the Nyx Matte Lip Cream you can't even tell that it's set because it still feels buttery to when it was freshly applied and after it has dried. My only issue is that the longevity sucks. It comes off so easily and transfer on my drinks and in my opinion lasts for barely an hour. I've tried to exfoliate and moisturize but to know avail.

I really like this lipgloss because it is so soft and pigmented! The first time I put it on the color just popped. I was so surprised by the softness after putting this on, I didn't even realize the soft part in the name haha. Also, the color will last a long time if you're not getting your lips wet. I recommend exfoliating your lips beforehand for a cleaner finish.
I love the matte lip trend. One thing about this trend though is that the color is exactly as it's shown in the tube/on the paper/picture. So make sure to find a color that will look good with your skin. Some colors I would love to buy but I just know won't look well on me.
For the price it's awesome! It's my first matte lip product and now I'm dying to buy more. If you're looking for matte lipgloss but don't want to pay for the high end brands then this is for you!
I do recommend this product.

I got these as a gift from one of my girl friends and I absolutely love them. They're have a nice soft, creamy, moussey texture that dries matte. It has pretty good staying power if you stay away from oily food and drinking.

I really like this product. I was looking for something similar to the Rimmell Provocalips but with a matte formula and darker color selection. I settled on the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen. The coverage is build-able but opaque. One coat gives you a beautiful deep wine color, another gives you a vampy black cherry. I love it both ways. I found that as long as I put a little chap stick underneath, the formula was not at all drying. However, it is not a long wear. It doesn't hold up super well to my water bottle and Lean Cuisine lunch. If you are looking for a gorgeous fall/winter deep color, then this would be a great choice. However, be prepared for frequent reapplication. If it hadn't been for that, this product would have received 5 stars.

Haaaaaate. I think it might just be that I hate the matte liquid lipstick trend, though, because the main reason I hate it is how unbearably dry your lips feel after applying, and that seems like it's common to most of these formulas. So, that's why this gets a 2 instead of a 1--the concept just might not be my bag, and that's not the product's fault.

I could probably deal with my lips feeling like the sahara desert if this product applied evenly and faded evenly, but it does neither. It's hard to apply it smoothly and the edges always look ragged (even WITH lipliner! How is that even possible?!); the color is streaky and yet when you try to build it up it gets cakey and patchy real fast. The doe foot applicator is all wrong for this formula. The product feels absolutely horrible on your mouth. I was SO AWARE of my dry as hell, possibly cakey-looking lips. Ugh.

One nice thing I'll say is that the color I bought, Monte Carlo, is a beautiful cool-toned crimson. I want to find the shade in a formula I like.

All in all, I'll stick with the Revlon Matte Balms when I want a matte look.