November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by hayleygracexo

I bought this in San Paulo and I loooove the colour - so pigmented, feels nice on our lips unlike some other matte lip products and the staying power is great. Can't wait to add more colours to my collection :)

Only con would be that the colour is a little brighter than appears in the packaging so definitely look up some swatches before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lizzy96

I LOVE THIS!!! It feels really wet going on your lips, but instantly dries so that you can't even feel that its there- which is great. And it stays on really long! Love the colors, i have several.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautikissbritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Omg ! I love how it last all day, the color is just like the packaging and the price is right ! I love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I bought this in the color Zurich and it's a beautiful "my lip color but better". This is very creamy and pigmented.

Some people don't like this product because they claim it's very dry... you NEED to use lip balm before applying this. I use the Maybelline Baby Lips before I apply the Nyx lip cream and it comes out beautiful!

I also reccomend applying this lip cream in layers. If you put a giant glob on your lips, it's not going to look smooth.

Will be purchasing more colors for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great pigmented matte lip cream that lasts all day through eating, drinking, and talking

Pros:
Pigmented
Matte
Long Lasting
Evenly fades to light wash of color
Good range of colors
Affordable
Doe foot applicator, easy to apply

Cons:
Can be a bit drying (make sure to moisturize lips before)
Colors are brighter than they appear in packaging
Smells like bubblegum (I prefer unscented)

I first bought Milan, which I was hoping to be a mauve, mid toned dusty pink (as it appears on the outside of the tube.) It applied more like a bright pink. Still, the color was pretty and the wear was great. I have since bought a few other shades that I wear regularly. I especially recommend NYC matte lip cream for someone looking to try a matte lip color for the first time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Justminick

I love this stuff so much. I try not to fan girl over NYX, but this is a great product. It's matte, the packaging works well, it stays put, and it stays put for a LONG TIME. I can kiss my husband without losing it or getting it on his lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is phenomenal. I bought San Paulo on accident while trying to buy more of the butter gloss.. I was pretty confused at first as to why it wasn't shiny.. But I figured it out and decided to put it to the ultimate test...

Bar night. And really, I put it through the ringer that night... Oops.

It stayed on through all of my drinks, and since I made the mistake of drinking both rum and vodka the same night (never a good idea).... There was unfortunate aftermath.. And it still stayed on!!.. AND after I passed out and woke up the next morning.. It was still there. Even while I was smashed, I would occasionally bring up how awesome my lipstick was.. Asking my best friend if it was still on. Yep.

I thought I had lost it after that night.. So I bought more the next day.

(And good news! I found the tube I thought I lost after that!)

I've since bought 3 more colors. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by adelinr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this in ibiza and antwerp. They're amazing! Very pigmented and long wearing! They smell really delicious also! Looking forward into buying another shades tho

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are really really pretty, soft looking, not drying, matte lip colors. It's amazing how I put on this color and it looks matte with a slight sheen that make my lips look so much softer. The color I got was San Paulo and I absolutely adore this color. I'm more on the natural/nude/light pink color kind of girl, but this color is beautiful and the matte finish makes it work even better.

The only thing I would have to say is that though when I have nice lips going on and I put this lip cream on it makes my lips look softer, when I have dry-er lips than normal, this lip cream doesn't flatter the flakes and cracks I have. My lips are constantly dry, and usually I just wear chapstick. What I haven't tried is wearing this lip cream with chapstick underneath... Might be worth a shot. Either way, I like this lip cream, and unlike the butter gloss/lipstick, this doesn't have a strong chemical taste in my mouth, so that's definitely a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade "Stockholm" after hearing and seeing so many good reviews on this product (that shade in particular). I have to say, I LOVE IT. I prefer matte lip products, but I don't like the formula of many lipsticks that tend to dry out the lips. I swipe on some of this and let it set and my lips don't dry out at all (but they aren't moisturized either). I end up with a really nice nude shade for me that feels weightless. I often forget that I'm wearing anything on my lips when I wear this. I like the packaging and the doe foot applicator since it makes application pretty easy. The price is fine at $5.99 and is about the average price of lip products in my area at the drugstore (or more). I can't wait to try more shades in the line.