October 20, 2014 | 1570 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Weleda - Calendula Baby Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by korean

i got this cause i wanted a natural thick creme for my elbows and feet.
it works really well and is very natural and gentle, but the smell, although natural was not to my liking. i prefer unscented or one that fades super quick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use during the winter months, prior to taking my dog for her morning walk. Although I live in a fairly mild climate, I find that the combo of forced air heat overnight + 30 degrees and breezy in the morning was doing a number on my skin's ability to hold moisture. My regular nighttime oil blend and daytime moisturizer were leaving my face a tetch tight. I chose the Weleda Calendula Baby Creme because it's a brand I trust (love Weleda), it's presumably designed with sensitive skin in mind, and it states specifically that it protects and nourishes. It did not let me down. I just slather on a large pea-sized dollup first thing in the morning, and my face stays soft, hydrated and smooth throughout our morning walk. I've also found it excellent for days that I know I'll be staying in my house (with the moisture-sucking climate control), and it works *fabulously* to soothe an angry bikini line after waxing/shaving, and in the event of razor burn--a good application overnight yields considerable improvement by morning. Also great applied liberally to cold and flu-beleaguered noses! The consistency is very thick and paste-like, but the application is surprisingly non-greasy. It sinks in quickly and leaves skin feeling moisturized and protected, and after rinsing off the excess in my morning shower my skin stays smooth, requiring less of my daily moisturizer. The smell is a rather strong herbal scent at first, but it's inoffensive and fades quickly. No clogs to speak of, just happy skin. Will definitely repurchase. My only complaints are the initial hit of fragrance, and--while I lve the convenience and sustainability of Weleda's aluminum packaging, it invariably cracks at the folds required to keep product moving as you empty the tube. Very minor issues, and not enough to affect my love of the product.