December 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Polishes - Essie - Nice is Nice

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by chivis22juan

Great formula, super flattering pastel lavender for warm tone medium skin that doesnt look good on blue polish. The grey touch makes it super chic. It is not a childish pastel at all. Lilacism is more blue

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just the pukiest nail color on my cool, pink skin tone. I've tried layering glitter and pearlescent finish top coats over it to help it out, but I finally said to myself, why bother? If something is unflattering, it isn't worth it to try to disguise the fact that it's unattractive with your basic skin color. It just pulls too much gray and makes me look corpse-like. Such a lovely shade in the bottle, though. I could seek a lovely silk spring top or dress made with that color...just not on my nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG I LOVE THIS NAIL POLISH!!!! I never though that I would. Lilac and pastels are just so gross and boring to me, but I'm trying to class it up a bit for work. I did some thinking and spent over an hour staring at nail polish at an Ulta. I had a massive headache and was like okay, I need a really neutral color that has barely any color, but SOME color, because tans and whites look gross on me. I hastily grabbed this one because it was really subtle and not too pastel, not too dark, not too white. Just a hint of color.

I put it on and BAM... oh my God my nails look amazing. Seriously! I am shocked. I can't stop staring at my hands. This is my new trademark color. I look so professional and sleek.

Thank god for this creamy color that took only two coats. Just a hint of color. Most pastels look juvenile or washed out to me, but this one looks the opposite of that. The pale color looks good on my skin, it makes it look tanner than it is!

If I had seen swatches of this online I wouldn't have been interested. I'm so glad I stumbled on it and just went for it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go stare at my hands all night.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Kelllyjayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

ITS DISCONTINUED :(( it was my favorite essie polish and got me obsessed with the brand :( BRING IT BACK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is my favorite pale lilac polish. It is the most perfect pale lilac shade for my skintone (NC25 with yellow undertones). It's not too pale or bright, not chalky, and has no grey. I love murky polishes but sometimes I want a clean, true color. This color is perfect for spring and summer when I don't want a bright polish. I get perfect coverage in 2 coats and it dries super shiny and smooth. Essie doesn't wear as well on me as OPI so I start to get a little chipping after a couple days, but of course everyone is different. This color always makes me happy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOVE this!!!! This is a very pretty violet/lavender color. It looks marvelous with 2-3 coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice is Nice is a beautiful light lilac in the bottle, and I wish I adored the color as much on my hands. It just doesn't pop on my fair, yellow-toned skin. It's still beautiful, in an understated way. I wish I had more to say about it, but it's just an 'ok' shade in my book. I don't love it or hate it. I just like other polishes more!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by izzybell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favourite polishes!! It's such a beautiful creamy lilac and the absolute perfect shade! It looks lovely and sophisticated when worn with pastels and it's super versatile with the rest of your wardrobe. I do find the Essie formula quite thin so it needs several coats to get good coverage but it's absolutely worth the effort! I only have the mini at the moment but would definitely re-purchase the big one when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by demmer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a cute pale lavender polish with the tiniest hint of pink. Application is okay, it's a bit streaky, as I find to be the case with most Essie pastel colours. The staying power is great, however and the colour is so super cute that I'm happy to overlook the fact I need three thin coats for it to look non-streaky and opaque.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice is Nice is a pretty lavender polish with a cream finish. The formula is great, it applies smoothly and evenly. Opaque coverage in 2 coats. As with all Essie polishes that I've tried, it was long lasting. I only had minimal tip wear on my fifth day of wear.