September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

Deodorants - Mum - Hypoallergenic

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Been using for more than 10 years. Works for 24hours
and never irritates skin or leaves marks on clothing. Will use for life!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Until I used the humble deodorant/antiperspirant known as 'Mum', I had never known what happy shaved armpits were. Poor little me! I have grown up seeing this brand in the supermarket and being slightly turned off by the name. I did like the "I can't get by without my Mum" ad campaigns but was never stirred to try it until recently when it was on special.

This deodorant/antiperspirant is super gentle and just as effective stink-wise as regular scented ones. The kicker for me is that my armpits don't get those little zits/ingrown hairs anymore. I never knew how irritated my armpits were until suddenly... they weren't. I was just used to it! See my review for Nivea's deo for when things went really pear shaped and I thought I had contracted some kind of pit pox.

I have no desire to use other deodorants now, and have already repurchased before running out. This is a first! I have tried other 'sensitive' brands and never been as enthusiastic with their results, content to switch between scented and sensitive types as the difference was negligible.

One caveat: this will leave the dreaded 'white marks' if you aren't careful with darker fabrics, but this tends to be par for the course with non-specific deodorant anyway. If it didn't cause white marks and it came in an 'upside down' roll-on, this would be the HG of my crusade against BO. It's true, I really can't get by without my Mum!
Edit: This is brilliant. I have purchased multiple back ups now and am so pleased with my lovely pits.