December 19, 2014 | 1138 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure - #85 Coquette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I think I am not a rouge allure lady.. the shade is nice, a lively pink. However, the feel of this lipstick jsut doesnĀ“t please me.. drying. I will stick to rouge cocos - much nicer on my lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

My favourite lip colour of all time! Its a very natural colour on me and the pink shade actually brighten up my rather fair complexion even though I didn't put any cheek colour. I was so disappointed when I found out this colour has been discontinued but luckily I found the last two in Bloomingdale's on Broadway NYC after asking every Chanel counters in London and most of the counters in NYC. Now hopefully these 2 and a half lipsticks should last me for a while until Chanel gets something similar to this colour comes out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Naikoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lighter nc15, asian
Nooooooo.... they redid the rouge allures and put out a whole new line of colors! This was my favorite lipstick of all time, and I'm ordering Nars niagara lipstick since I heard it was the closest dupe. Coquette is this beautiful rosy pink color that was not overly bright at all. :,-(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by trollzorz94

The color looks great on my skintone (around NC25/NC30 in mac) and it's definitely bright but not obnoxiously so. It's not completely opaque in one swipe but you can layer it until it is. Formula-wise, this is great - it's creamy and smooth and basically applies like butter and doesn't drag at your lips. However it isn't actively moisturizing, so I always use lip balm before I apply it. The short wear time (around 2 or 3 hours without eating) is the only complaint I have.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

Oh, this colour is amazing! Perfect for warm weather, very casual, not over the top - a perfect balance between coral and pink that is warm and yet there is something like a blue iridescence (sounds bad but it looks gorgeous). It is such a complex colour - I can't believe I didn't buy it earlier! It is a RA so the packaging is perfect, the formula is smooth and it lasts a long time BUT compared to the other RA I own Prodigious or Lover the lasting time is not that long, probably due to the lighter colour and it also has a tendency to set in a weird way when my lips aren't in perfect shape so when it is completely wiped off I still have some bright spots in the inner corners as opposed to an even stain maybe because it is a lighter texture, not so creamy as my other ones (which is better for summer, if you ask me). And yet - it is still a pretty good moisturising lipstick that looks so gorgeous on both pale and especially darker skins. So my only advice is - make sure your lips are properly exfoliated :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

This should have been called Perfection!. For me to find a coral/pink warm yet not too warm color l/s thrills me. I love this. I love its sheerness because I love to reapply l/s...this lightens up every skin tone but not in a crazy, stupid, hey look at me, this is rather Palm Beach class in a tube...men love it and women will compliment you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lmartin3717

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick. The packaging is beautiful and it feels amazing on my lips. At the same time, the color turns really bright on me. I agree with the other reviews--the color really is pretty, and it does light up the face, but on me at least, it's very coral (I was hoping the pink was more pronounced) and a little too much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this - the glam packaging, the butter smoothe formula, the spectacular, ultra-flattering shade. I bought this untried, and thank goodness! I'm afraid I can never go back after trying this formula - I want all of them, but Coquette is simply stunning for spring! I'm so sad it's LE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Cosmaniac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this pinky coral lipstick! It reminds me a lot an a very old and discontinued favorite: MAC Skew. This looks great on my NC20 skin and I love that I can pair with either a pink or coral toned blush. It also stays very well and almost stains the lips. The packaging is decadent and I feel glamorous applying it. It is the perfect spring color and I will be carrying this around in my "everyday" cosmetic pouch. Another winner from Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

This pulled a bluish birght pink on me which clashed with my NC20 skintone (Chanel TI #10 Albatre or VA BR10 or B20). I prefer a more subdued pink so I passed on this one.