February 28, 2015 | 2127 users online

Shampoo - Oribe - Shampoo for Magnificent Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:11:00 AM More reviews by mightybangaw

I have been using the magnificent volume line for 2 years, not because it volumizes hair as it claims. You see, I have fine strands but shiny, healthy hair. Okay, it does provide some volume, only if I blow dry my hair. So why do I buy this $$$uper expensive shampoo?

The scent. The scent is so elegant and intoxicating. Or the past scent. I just bought a new one. I compared it to the remaining old bottle and it smelled different. I am so upset that they changed the scent! I only buy this because of the scent!

So, I am breaking up with Oribe Magnificent Volume. Not recommending. At. All.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

REVIEW FOR CONDITIONER
- Made my thin hair seem thinner. My recommendation for volume conditioner for thin hair is Label M, the red bottle (thickening & volume conditioner)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by natalieincali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh... Ridiculously expensive and just so so... If you want an INCREDIBLE, and I mean LIFE CHANGING volumizing shampoo/conditioner try Colorproof's volumizing line... I got a sample of this luckily because it would have been a HUGE waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking forward to trying Oribe's volume line for years. I finally broke down and purchased his volume shampoo and conditioner, both very unimpressive and very very disappointing. The conditioner literally left my hair in a huge knot and had no detangling properties at all. If you have hair that easily tangles, like mine (wavy/baby fine), avoid this. I had to use my $3 bottle of Pantene conditioner to help get the tangles out. I typically don't mind paying $$$ for good products, but when I have to use a cheap d/s conditioner to help, then that's an issue. These also left my hair feeling very dry as well. Thankfully I purchased at a retailer that accepts returns. I don't get the great reviews and that was another reason for my purchase. Oh well. On to the next...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Love this shampoo! I was very leary that any shampoo could give me volume...but this one did! It smells great too! Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse then volume! I use it with the spray Maximista and the results are just amazing! I don't have to wash my hair for a few days so I convinced myself that it is cost effective since the price is outragous. I also got some samples of Shampoo for color treated hair and this is great as well. I love Oribe products and justify the price when I think of all the $ I have spent looking for the ideal hair products. When you buy the best..alas..the search is over! Try these products. You won't be disappointed! I plan to repurchase when product is done but that will be a long time since you need so little to get a great lather. Final thought...THIS IS THE BEST HAIR PRODUCTS $ CAN BUY! My search is finally over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first review! I've used this site for several years and it's so helpful! I hope I contribute in a manner that helps.
I purchased Oribe Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner AFTER my long time colorist recommended it twice.
The only bad complaint I have is the cost! Wow! $37 for just the shampoo. I justified this cost because I hadn't been to the salon in 6 months. Not my usual schedule of 10-12 weeks for partial highlights, low lights and under panel solid medium brown. Long hair (past the middle of my back) with a few long layers.
The shampoo is clear and lathers well. When I rinse it out I can feel a thickness to my wet hair down to the ends. My scalp felt clean, too. I wash my hair every 3rd day, unless I'm going out then, more frequently.
The scent is the most striking factor followed by the volume then, nice clean hair. It lingers a very long time and is really nice! Not ok if I'm wearing a fragrance, too.
I had no bad reactions to my scalp. Really, it's lovely.
The cost is simply too much. I justify it by the care and length of my hair. Also, I try to use as little of the product as I can.
I read an online description that claims this product will help color last longer. So far, my color still looks good at 6 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

I have a lot of hair, thick hair, and I get quite a bit of volume naturally... But of course, I am a female, and I want MORE! I buy Oribe products from my salon, I love mixing and matching their shampoos/conditioners, but usually come back to the Volume shampoo with Brilliance and Shine conditioner. This shampoo adds volume, smells great, is very concentrated so don't use too much. I have also found that I can wait a couple, sometimes three days between washes because it does not go flat, great volume the next day too! I love their bottles, not that it really matters, but the packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by TripleP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Oribe Shampoo for Magnificent Volume for about four months. I can say with confidence that this product does as it advertises: it adds volume to fine hair. The fragrance is really nice. I agree with a previous poster that it is best to wash your hair every day when using this shampoo... but this is something I do anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

I love this product as well as the matching conditioner.It does what was promised on the package. The smell is really nice, it reminds me Creed Acqua Fiorentina perfume.

Update: I would not repurchase this product, as I think there are plenty alternatives on the market, which deliver the same result (or sometimes even better) for the lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo does (somehow, miraculously) give my hair more volume. I use it with the matching Conditioner for Magnificent Volume and end up with volumized, healthy-looking hair. Cons: the smell of the shampoo is strong (similar to Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue perfume) and stays in hair. Also, the day after washing, hair feels gross (with this I must wash daily, not every other). Final comment, on the Oribe brand: before purchasing, I couldn't find any info on whether they conduct animal testing, so I e-mailed them and received a prompt answer. No Oribe products are tested on animals (as of September 2011). Yay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No