September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Shampoo - Oribe - Shampoo for Magnificent Volume

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by natalieincali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh... Ridiculously expensive and just so so... If you want an INCREDIBLE, and I mean LIFE CHANGING volumizing shampoo/conditioner try Colorproof's volumizing line... I got a sample of this luckily because it would have been a HUGE waste of money

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking forward to trying Oribe's volume line for years. I finally broke down and purchased his volume shampoo and conditioner, both very unimpressive and very very disappointing. The conditioner literally left my hair in a huge knot and had no detangling properties at all. If you have hair that easily tangles, like mine (wavy/baby fine), avoid this. I had to use my $3 bottle of Pantene conditioner to help get the tangles out. I typically don't mind paying $$$ for good products, but when I have to use a cheap d/s conditioner to help, then that's an issue. These also left my hair feeling very dry as well. Thankfully I purchased at a retailer that accepts returns. I don't get the great reviews and that was another reason for my purchase. Oh well. On to the next...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Beach

Love this shampoo! I was very leary that any shampoo could give me volume...but this one did! It smells great too! Leave it on for a few minutes then rinse then volume! I use it with the spray Maximista and the results are just amazing! I don't have to wash my hair for a few days so I convinced myself that it is cost effective since the price is outragous. I also got some samples of Shampoo for color treated hair and this is great as well. I love Oribe products and justify the price when I think of all the $ I have spent looking for the ideal hair products. When you buy the best..alas..the search is over! Try these products. You won't be disappointed! I plan to repurchase when product is done but that will be a long time since you need so little to get a great lather. Final thought...THIS IS THE BEST HAIR PRODUCTS $ CAN BUY! My search is finally over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ShoeGal95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first review! I've used this site for several years and it's so helpful! I hope I contribute in a manner that helps.
I purchased Oribe Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner AFTER my long time colorist recommended it twice.
The only bad complaint I have is the cost! Wow! $37 for just the shampoo. I justified this cost because I hadn't been to the salon in 6 months. Not my usual schedule of 10-12 weeks for partial highlights, low lights and under panel solid medium brown. Long hair (past the middle of my back) with a few long layers.
The shampoo is clear and lathers well. When I rinse it out I can feel a thickness to my wet hair down to the ends. My scalp felt clean, too. I wash my hair every 3rd day, unless I'm going out then, more frequently.
The scent is the most striking factor followed by the volume then, nice clean hair. It lingers a very long time and is really nice! Not ok if I'm wearing a fragrance, too.
I had no bad reactions to my scalp. Really, it's lovely.
The cost is simply too much. I justify it by the care and length of my hair. Also, I try to use as little of the product as I can.
I read an online description that claims this product will help color last longer. So far, my color still looks good at 6 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

I have a lot of hair, thick hair, and I get quite a bit of volume naturally... But of course, I am a female, and I want MORE! I buy Oribe products from my salon, I love mixing and matching their shampoos/conditioners, but usually come back to the Volume shampoo with Brilliance and Shine conditioner. This shampoo adds volume, smells great, is very concentrated so don't use too much. I have also found that I can wait a couple, sometimes three days between washes because it does not go flat, great volume the next day too! I love their bottles, not that it really matters, but the packaging is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by TripleP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the Oribe Shampoo for Magnificent Volume for about four months. I can say with confidence that this product does as it advertises: it adds volume to fine hair. The fragrance is really nice. I agree with a previous poster that it is best to wash your hair every day when using this shampoo... but this is something I do anyway.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Evgeniya89

I love this product as well as the matching conditioner.It does what was promised on the package. The smell is really nice, it reminds me Creed Acqua Fiorentina perfume.

Update: I would not repurchase this product, as I think there are plenty alternatives on the market, which deliver the same result (or sometimes even better) for the lower price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo does (somehow, miraculously) give my hair more volume. I use it with the matching Conditioner for Magnificent Volume and end up with volumized, healthy-looking hair. Cons: the smell of the shampoo is strong (similar to Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue perfume) and stays in hair. Also, the day after washing, hair feels gross (with this I must wash daily, not every other). Final comment, on the Oribe brand: before purchasing, I couldn't find any info on whether they conduct animal testing, so I e-mailed them and received a prompt answer. No Oribe products are tested on animals (as of September 2011). Yay!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Gail2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tired tresses? A crowning glory that isnít looking too royal? That description fit until ORIBE completely transformed us. After having visited an Oribe salon we were convinced that the products used signaled the end of years of teasing, fluffing, and hoping. Donít know what the secret is - only know it works. While there isnít an Oribe salon in our city we can enjoy the benefits of these products at home.

The Shampoo is a generous 8.5 oz. housed in a handsome no-slip bottle. For us, itís also fragrance free leaving hair not only feeling fresh but also with a subtle fresh scent - perhaps due to the Edelweiss Flower, Watermelon or Lychee Extracts. Just a small amount yields a luxurious lather that cleanses gently yet thoroughly as it adds volume and body. Amazing!

ORIBE is the one - no question about it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No