August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - FastDry - Teal of Fortune

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros:
- Cheap enough that trying this out isn't a major risk.
- The first coat gets you a midrange teal with some greenish sparkles, but it's still fairly transparent. The second coat, however, builds up to full opacity and tips it more towards blue, with deeper-looking green, blue, and gold sparkles. The overall effect is very pretty and shimmery - like looking into a deep pool.
- The handle of the brush is contoured to give you a nice, firm grip.

Cons:
- Whether I use nail polish remover or just let it wear off naturally, this stains my nails really badly for up to two weeks after. The greenish tint it leaves on my nails is NOT pretty, and is a major flaw of the formula.
- The sparkles look gorgeous in dim or indirect light, but look a little too gaudy under direct light, so I use this more for Events than as an everyday thing to wear to school or work.

Takeaway:
I'm glad I bought this, but I don't think it'll ever be a must-have. I love blue/green/teal polishes, so this was right up my alley, but the shimmer is a little too harsh for my tastes, and the staining thing is really annoying. At least the price means that I'm not too disappointed, since, to a certain extent, I got what I paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by 8erica8

I layered it over blue and it was stunning!
Only prob is the removal, this gets all over your fingers.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolute junk. The color is pretty on the bottle, but it took 3 coats to even get a semi-opaque finish. The drying time was longer than expected for a quick dry, and the glitter looks cheap and not distributed evenly. The polish chipped in the first day of wear for me. I guess you really do get what you pay for sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is such a pretty teal with shimmery flecks. It dried fast enough for me, though i always give my polishes a little time to set before going about my day. I didn't have problems with stained nails, but I always use a basecoat with any polish. It lasted 3-4 days before my manicure started chipping. Overall, a pretty color and a great value!

FYI: I recommend that before you buy a polish, open it and take a look at the brush. Wet 'n' Wild sometimes has quality control issues with their brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by malibuvelouria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in the minority when I say I really like this brush. I get a medium amount of polish on the brush, then push the brush towards my cuticle, causing the bristles to fan out, creating a perfectly clean edge - no pooling, either. Before applying this color, I put down two layers of basecoat so I didn't experience any Smurf fingers. I have yet to try other shades in the Fast Dry collection, but based on my experience with this one, I'll definitely be getting more.
Edit 8/7/12: Just added a layer of Sinful's "Nail Junkie" over the top of this and now I have
magical glistening mermaid nails!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh God.. Please believe me when I say that this is the best nail polish color I have ever gotten my hands on.. This is a bluish, green nail polish with wonderful flecks. I honestly didn't think this nail polish would be all that.. Basically, I underestimated this. Biggest mistake ever. This polish is so beautiful.. It's so unique, but in a way, it's not. It's unique because I don't have a color like this, and it's not unique because this has dupes like nobody's buisness. Ex. Orly, Halley's Comet, the famous O.P.I. Catch Me In Your Net, and the even more famous Zoya Charla. I own none of them because they are wayy to expensive, and are discontinued I think anyways. I love this polish soo damn much.. I'm so in love.. I jist bought this today and tomorrow im buying a second bottle just to be safe.. I love this..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this polish and Wet N Wild Fast Dry polish in general. You get decent opacity at one coat and total opacity at two. It does dry fast- about 5 surface dry and 15 hard dry under a base coat that has completely dried first. It lasted until I wanted it off.
It did stain my nails somewhat even with a base coat and I had to do some work on my cuticles to get it off them. But overall it looks great on if you like shimmery, slightly glittery teals.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Moodyone

I love this color. When I was a kid, I went to classic car shows with my dad. I always loved the old cars with metal flake paint. Thats what this color reminds me of. An old '57 Chevy with metal flake paint. I wish it was a little glossier but maybe thats just the texture of the glitter. It applied opaguely with two coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by bentobento

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this color, but my main issue is the brush. Not sure if mine is just defective or what, but the bristles are all over the place, making it hard to evenly apply. I wouldn't say it dries any faster than other polishes either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Teal of Fortune is an absolutely gorgeous color. It's a stunning, green-leaning teal with flecks of teal, gold, and a darker, more blue color scattered throughout. The flecks give the polish a lot of dimension and I found myself looking at in in different lighting and finding a lot more depth. But color is really objective, this is something you'd have to see for yourself. It's gorgeously shimmery though. The price point was amazing, I got this polish for under two dollars at a drugstore and you can't beat that. What really fell short for me, though, was the brush. And the formula. The formula is thin, which is fine, but the brush's design makes it load up with polish. Even if you wipe the brush, I still found it hard to control where the polish was. And since it was so thin, I found it flooding my cuticles and just getting all over the place. I'm a pretty patient person, but I found myself growing exasperated at this. After cleanup, I discovered that this polish did stain my skin, nails, and cuticles. For all of that trouble, it's not worth repurchasing for me. Perhaps I got a faulty brush...