September 18, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lipstick - Milani - HD Advanced Lip Color in Modern Mauve

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by LNguyen97

I finally found my HG MLBB shade! I have pretty pigmented lips so this is perfect for those no makeup makeup look days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by runitsjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Picked this up at the local family dollar, figured for a dollar I could try it since I've had other milani products!

Great berry color, love the packaging, and it goes on like a chapstick and looks like a lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these Milani HD Advanced Lip Colors! They are smooth, creamy, last a fair amount of time and smell yummy. I love the twist up, twist down tube. I forget about this brand a lot and usually just ignore it in the store. For some reason, I always think that this company makes colors that are too strong/bright for my fair, cool toned skin. How wrong I was.

Modern Mauve is a really pretty light plumy rose color. It really gives my fair skin a lift.

These HD lip colors are on par with MAC and Estee Lauder. There has been an explosion in the quality of drugstore makeup within the last 10 years. No longer is drugstore makeup geared toward young teens just starting out with makeup who would not know quality if it hit then on the head. There is no need to buy high end lipsticks and lip gloss when you can buy Milani, Wet n Wild, NYX and NYC for a few dollars.

My only complaint is that I wish Milani would expand their line. These only come in a handful of colors. I would buy these in every color if they made them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a *slightly* warm reddish-pink shade. I reach for it quite frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by enchanted_xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely gorgeous color that is my new HG MLBB shade. It feels a bit waxy on the lips, but looks so polished and pretty on. I have very pigmented lips but it gives me a nice look with one swipe. It's also buildable, which you could use for a night out.

As for the packaging, I personally am OBSESSED. When I first saw it and felt it, it just feels rich and like something that should be savored.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by c4lic0z

Pros:
- Great color, very berry-ish and flattering without being too bright nor too dull.
- just the right amount of sheer-ness so you can apply quickly without messing up but you still get color
- cute watermelon scent
- click and twist; up and down
- other colors are also perfect
- moisturizing, not sticky, feels soft
Cons:
- ugly packaging
- doesn't last too long on your lips
- a little too matte. lips dont look/feel fuller

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

beautiful. BEAUTIFUL! i cant believe i am the only person to review this color and raspberry blush?! isnt anyone wearing these awesome lip color/sticks?! so moisturizing, beautiful color, yummy watermelon scent. the two colors are very similar, i was expecting mauve to have more purple tones to it but its a very rich, muted berry, just gorgerous. i put them both side by side and the raspberry blush is brighter, better for night but you could definitely carry off the mauve during the day time. paid 12 bucks at cvs.