September 18, 2014 | 2044 users online

Makeup Brushes - Japonesque - Travel Stippling Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Calibeautyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Other than the occasional shedding and price this brush works great. I have used it to apply my liquid foundation, blush, and blending all my makeup together. I have used this brush religiously for over a year and it's still going strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by KoreanJuliette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I actually like this brush for my liquid foundations. Just like another user said though, it's a bit scratchy, but I don't really mind it much.

I have the MAC counterpart to this and I like it a bit more than the Japonesque one just because it's softer. But while I wait for the MAC one to dry, I always pull this one out instead of my Sigma stippling brush because this Japonesque one works so much more better.

I was a bit dismayed that it shed the first couple of uses, but after that, it hasn't shed at all, even when I washed it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is serviceable for applying foundation but I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Its just not dense enough to get even coverage, and I often have to buff out streaks with a flattop blush brush. Its a pretty good blush brush if you want a soft look, but I still prefer a flat top brush for that. Its easy to clean, dries fast after cleaning but the white bristles stain easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 4:43:00 AM More reviews by altanmichelle

I personally really like the japonesque travel size stippling brush, I use it with my mac studio fix fluid foundation and I find it blends the foundation onto my skin very well; also, others may prefer a more softer stipple head whereas i like it being more dense so i know that its blending my foundation in properly. I've cleaned this brush about 3 times now and the hairs havent come off so far..

Aswell as the physicality of the brush, I find it the perfect size, not too small and not too big. It's just a grey panel at the bottom so nothing too glam about it.

Overall, I find that the brush blends my make up in well and I dont really have any problems with it.. would i repurchase? yeah why not.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

SUMMARY = pros: elegant to look at, blended my mousse foundation very nicely; cons: scratchy, expensive = returning to Ulta. More detailed discussion below.

Elegant to look at, blended my mousse foundation very well...but that's about it for positive comments. Its expensive ($28 at Ulta), feels deceptively smooth on the hand, but when I went to use it on my fact to blend my mousse foundation = very scratchy! Now granted I am SOOO spoiled by my supersoft brushes already in my possession: EM, Ecotools, Sonia Kashuk. I simply cannot tolerate scratchy brushes on my sensitive skin.

I tried this brush yesterday = blended my mousse foundation very nicely, but the discomfort (and the price) = just not worth it! I tried my new SK multipurpose flat top brush today = blended my mousse foundation like a dream AND did NOT irritate my skin! WHOOT! (separate review to be forthcoming)

I am a diehard EM mu fan, but after 2-3 years of this, I feel the need to experiment and w/ my skin being xtra dry this winter - figured what the heck - lets play a bit. After using nothing but mmu for so long, I figured there would be a learning curve going back to a non-powder foundation. Well, there is, but as far as blending w/ a brush (something I would have NEVER have thought of prior to MUA), no learning curve w/ either brush, I just choose to pay less $$ for a much softer brush.

I would give this a 2.5 if I could.

Returning to Ulta tomorrow.