October 1, 2014 | 1936 users online

Eye Shadow - Giorgio Armani - eyes to kill

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Mystonique

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm miffed by the negative reviews here. I own 4 of these #3 purpura (rich dark purple & deep silver), #30 rose popillia (duotone dusty grey/gold shift pink), #32 blue beetle (duotone deep teal blue with violet shift) and #23 madra perla (multi chrome white with pink, green & blue shift).

They have a compacted, almost damp, loose powder feel. Whilst they are expensive I've used the mine heavily many times over months and not made a dent yet - wet and dry. You also get a substantial amount in the pot - approx 4 grams.

I have oily lids and very few shadows wear more than a few hours on me, even with a primer (I use Two Faced glitter glue or shadow insurance). I mostly tend to us Urban Decay, Nars and MAC pigments but I have YSL, Dior, Chanel and a whole bunch of others.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING gives me wear like the GA ETK Intense. I can get 9 hours out of them even when I've had a busy day running (& sweating) even in the Australian heat.

I get little to no fall out (even when applying). They are even better than most pressed shadows in terms of fall out. They are a little harder to blend out then some shadows but will blend beautifully. I can sheer them or apply with deep 100% intensity without any trouble - finger is easiest to begin with as they have a unique texture it takes a bit of experimenting to work out the best brush for the job but they do work just as beautifully with brushes.

I've definitely never had a mess on my vanity or anywhere else from them.

However the best thing is the amazing, truly unique colours with outstanding depth.

I do love glitter and shine ... but I work in a very traditional field that demands demure (read neutral) elegance. I can't wear my Urban Decay to work (taupe & matte is my best friend for work)... but I can wear these - the shimmer is intense but so refined it doesn't look glitzy at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I don't know why this e/s is getting such bad reviews because I simply love these. I feel that these e/s are such a complex colour with the right amout of sheen (not glitter), and it lasts all day without creasing. The complexity and high quality of these e/s make them so well worth the pricetag. I also love the packaging (lgass pot with the black top). I have shades 6 (Khaki Pulse = gorgeous bronze green), 30 (Rose Popillia), 11 (White Punch), and 20 (Obsidian Black) that i love love love. Very wearable for any time any day. I am hooked on these!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of these cream to powder eyeshadows. I LOVE that they come in the coolest colors and I can use just one eyeshadow (well and a highlight color) and get a finished, dramatic eye look.

I have this in #5 - a tarnished antique looking gold. It's absolutely beautiful - complex and dramatic without being over the top. The kind of color that you can wear night and day.

The packaging is similar to the Chanel illusion d'ombre shadows - the little jar that twists off. I'm not a fan of the somewhat tacky 'eyes to kill' logo.

I apply this over my eyeshadow primer and sometimes a neutral shadow. I've used my fingers, although I enjoy using a concealer brush (NARS #7) for more precision. You can apply the shadow with a wet or dry brush. I apply it on my lid and build it up in my crease, then blend with a big crease brush. You get the perfect smokey eye using minimal products and effort!

It lasts all day (I always use a primer though) - even in 90+ degree F weather with humidity.

But there's issues. And they aren't fun. Application is quite a process. If you are the kind of girl/or guy that applies foundation before eye make up you are not going to be happy. No matter what tools I use to apply this there's A LOT of fallout. And this is the kind of fallout that leaves metallic streaks on your face. It's so bad I have to use make up remover on certain portions of my face to get it off when I'm done. Foundation primer and face make up definitely come afterwards my eyeshadow is done with this product. Applying it with a wet brush helps a little bit to prevent this. The texture of the product is crumbly and hard to work with.

Personally, Chanel illusion d'ombre shadows (same concept - cream to powder) are much better. They apply with ease, there's minimal to no fallout. The texture of Chanel is squishy and pleasant and easy to work with.

I'm torn with eyes to kill. The colors are so beautiful and unique. The shadow lasts all day and looks beautiful morning to night. But application and cleaning up the fallout is so frustrating. And the crumbly texture falls from my brush leading to metallic streaky messes on my vanity table.

I may re purchase other colors to see if they possibly work better or just keep using eyes to kill for special occasions when I don't mind spending time cleaning it up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by elsiema

The Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow that I bought was #27. It is an in-between of mauve and brown colour. It was an impulse buy so I did not have high expectation. It turns out to be a lot longer lasting than I expected - it acutally lasts me a whole day at work which is pretty impressive. I also find its application is easy. One of the drawbacks is the price, especially in Canada. It costs me $42 + tax (and our tax here is notoriously high). Another drawback is its packaging - the tiny amount of eyeshadow sits in a pretty heavy glass pot.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by carmenkam

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Eyes to kill definitely worth the hype, I swatched all shade and brought #14, photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80594822@N03/7419596720/ and it's my Top eye shadow, the color is so unique that I've never seen a similar one from any other brand, people say the L'oreal ones are very similar but they are really not, the eyes to kill are more "cushiony" and it catches much more light which adds depth & dimension to my eyes. Cannot rave enough about this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase three after Temptalia gave rave reviews and I knew Armani had a great colour selection. On my eyes, primer is a must, or else they will fade. Sot they're not really a good deal as I hoped they would be. I will only repurchase 15 since the colour is unique. Other than that, I do not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by malu22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading all the rave review about this eyeshadow I decided to get the #3 Purpura. I dont think this eyeshadow is worth it's price. Though it applies smoothly I dont find it pigmented enough. I much prefer my Rock and Republic Tempting eyeshadow which is similar to #3 Purpura in color. Returned it back.
Edit: I bought the #2 thinking I might get lucky and it's better than the #3. I used it ( wet with shadow insurance under it ) then I went back to Armani counter because I want to try their lipstick too. The MU there thought I was using a dark gray eyeshadow instead of the #2. All the red color fell off and only the black shadow stayed. Totally disappointed. #5 however is very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by xara1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i was looking for a perfect GOLD for my olive skin, and the gold in Guerlain Écrin 6 Couleur - Rue Des Frances-Bourgeois and the armani eyes to kill intense no.5 Gold blitz were the most beautiful , got ETK :)) temptalia gave a very nice review its truly rich antiquey gold, one swipe with kholed eye give a beautiful look...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I'm not sure if I'm writing this in the right section, if not please excuse me. This review is for the Giorgio Armani "Eyes to Kill Intense" in 4,6 and 15
I saw Michele1218 Raving about this back in one of her videos earlier this year and I really wanted one since. At $32USD each they were not cheap at all! These are even worse in Australia at $47AUD each, and I was silly I should have went to a DJ's Armani counter to check them out first before purchasing!
Anyways I purchased 4,6 and 15 ALL TERRIBLE!
These are just overly priced shimmer in a jar! the colours are Duo tone in the jar, but when swatched or applied on eyelid they are just Mono toned.
Application is ridiculously messy with a ton of fall out on your face and your vanity(or wherever it is that your doing your makeup), and that evidently makes you loose product! These are hopeless with a brush to apply and they also dont adhere well to your finger for application, nor your eyelids to stay on with or without primer.
Not pigmented, and not duurable even with a primer.
I later visited a Armani DJ's counter and had a chance to swatched all their other colours, and after that visit I truly think these are a gimmick.
ALL the gold shade swatched the same regardless how they looked in the jar. I had 16 swatches on my arms and by the time I got to the next counter to play with makeup, all 16 swatches had already fade, and this was in the time spand of about 5 minutes. The girl at the Armani counter told me these will last 24 hours on your eyes, that comment made me laugh.
I now use these as body shimmer, and let just say, cause they are not pigmented, and when you use a body fluff to apply them on your body, these actually do a great job!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pomeranians

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't last. Colors very glittery. Not worth the cost.