September 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - High Shine Eyecolor - Moonshine

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Allmacedup10

This eyeshadow is a great colour with a great metallic finish that lasts for hours. The only problem I have with it is the packaging. I wish that it would come in a loose pot or something rather than in the tubelike contraption it's in with the annoying brush. I apply a sweep of it and then blend it with a MAC 224 into my crease. It looks great with light greys/silver and even light pinks. The price is just right and it lasts for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

The best color from this line. It's a deep plum sheen color that is almost brown. Looks very intense if built up, but can be sheered out. I LOVE this whole line, but this in particular is my favorite color.

You can wear this alone easily or with other colors. Stuff lasts on my lids for hours without a primer, but with lasts for easily 18 hrs+. These remind me a lot of the Maybelline Tattoos just not in pots and they don't wear as long without a primer. These come with lip-gloss type applicators and work anywhere. No mess or flaking. NO chemicals or anything irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Gorgeous eyeshadow! Muted plummy-metallic with great pigment, goes on so easily with great color payoff- even without primer! I normally don't like loose eyeshadows, but the packaging for this one is so mess-free, that it's just as easy as using a cake shadow. Stays on all-day, too! I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I almost didn't buy this because of the "foiled" effect....however I'm glad I did. Moonshine is a gorgeous color-very hard to nail down but it has a definite mauve/taupe look to it, with the emphasis on mauve. Makes my green eyes pop. The applicator is a trip. Very different. It does take a bit of getting used to, It pops out before you are quite ready for it, and it the foam applicator tip "swivels" to make application easier. Once you get the hang of it, it's actually a good way to deliver this powder, I didn't get any fallout, but I took full precautions,,,it seems to work the best it you apply a little less product than you think you need, then blend with your fingertip. A brush just won't do the trick, You can also use another clean foam applicator to smooth out the shadow, You can pile it on or use it just for a light highlight sort of effect. I think it's cool, and I'm ordering more. It looks great over a heavy smoky eye....blend a little over the middle of your lid to bring out the sparkle. A small pencil brush can probably be used to apply this to inner corners, or as a liner, but it might be more trouble than it's worth. I would just use base or primer and remember less is more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried the High Shine colors in the Purple Velvet and the Patina. I really like the results. I'm hesitant about eye colors with shimmer or shine (I'm in my late 30s.) Both these colors have shine to them, but it's not gaudy or glittery. I'm also "smoky eye" impaired... I love the look but have a lot of trouble pulling it off. This product gives a nice smoky eye effect.

I will give a couple of caveats... First, a little goes a long way. Make sure you scrape off the excess of the applicator and start with ONE swipe across the top of the lash line. Start blending, then determine if you need more. The first time I used it, I used three swipes and looked like I'd been in a fight. Second, I've used this with and without an eyeshadow primer. It definitely lasts longer with the primer than without.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful color. It has tones of mauve, lilac and subtle gold/peach with shimmer.
I love this with a base- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in "Purple Velvet." This gives it more depth and slightly darkens the color for nighttime.
I have figured out the easiest, quickest routine for this shadow using only 1 makeup brush. This takes less than 5 minutes total for both eyes:
1. Base: I put NYX JES "Purple Velvet" all over the lid to slightly below my crease
2. Using the Urban Decay Makeup Brush made to use with their new "24/7" cream eyeshadow pencils (it kind of looks like a pencil brush), I smooth the base out and slightly bring it up into the crease.
3.Lid- I apply Moonstone all over my lid and crease with the applicator it comes with.
I use the pointy tip and side of applicator near the inner corner of my eye and for some reason, this applies the shadow lighter and with more hints of gold which looks brightening.
4. Crease- Using the same UD 24/7 brush I used to smooth out the base, I put Satin Taupe (MAC) in the crease. You can also use Stray Dog (UD) or any plummy brown color.
5. I then lightly blend the lid and the crease together using the same brush.
6. Highlight-As a brow highlight, I wipe off the brush on my hand and use it to put LORAC "Sand" (a slightly peachy beige which matches nicely with the subtle peach/ gold tones in Moonstone) under my brow.
8. Liner- I line my upper lid with either (Stila) Little Black Dress gel liner (black with flecks of purple shimmer) or (ELF) Plum Eyeliner Pen.
7. Extra Step- For special nights, I take (UD) Sin eyeshadow and put it on my browbone over the (Lorac) Sand. This gives it a little more sheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review is for a different color set that I purchased on QVC. These have tremendous staying power! Without the PT eye primer I could get 4-5 hours, with the primer it lasts all day. Now these are high-pigmented so I've been experimenting by blotting...today, after I blotted on a tissue I brushed an eyeshadow brush with what was left on the wand -- perfect! I also topped it with another BE shadow in the pot and they go wonderful with each other. These products are wonderful. There is a trick with these high shines if you are not used to such high-pigmented colors. For those of us with oily eyelids that didn't think we could have fun with color BE really has given us great options here with these eyeshadows and the PT eye primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by minc

Amazing! Love the color-silvery lilac. Love the application-it glides on and blends SO easily. Love the impact of this color on my eyes. It has a foiled effect that and is so smooth and shimmery-pretty. The previous reviewer was right, this color lasts and lasts! No primer needed at all. For night wear I use the applicator, but for daytime wear, I dab it on with my finger or a q-tip. A little truly goes a l o n g way. There is a little mess (fall-out) when using the applicator, so I just do my eyes first and then apply the rest of my m/u. I can't wait to try the other colors!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous. Super pigmented and i actually love the application. this has me wanting to buy the other colors as well.
Moonshine is a silvery lilac color. It applies much lighter than it looks in the tube. It is extremely pigmented and it lasts all day even without a primer.
I like to apply it straight from the applicator to my lid, then blend out with one of my eyeshadow brushes.
I wish bare minerals would come out with more colors for these or have them in a set.
Simply lovely and will repurchase when i run out.