December 21, 2014 | 1486 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion water resistant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently became semi-hooked on Benefit's They're Real mascara, but 2 things stop me from buying it on a regular basis: 1) price and 2) it's WAY too hard to remove. I put in eye drops frequently so I need a waterproof mascara, but with Benefit, I was scrubbing off half my lashes every night.

This one is advertised as water-resistant, and it is definitely waterproof enough for my needs.

I was always intimidated by this type of rubbery, spikey mascara brush until I tried They're Real and saw the benefits (no pun intended). It does grab the lashes well.

This mascara goes on smoothly and has enough lengthening/thickening for me (I prefer a pretty natural look). One coat is enough--good news, as I hate applying mascara and like to get it over with.

The one thing that turns me completely off this mascara is the huge, swollen tube. Takes up unnecessary space in my makeup drawer, AND the slick material of the giant tube is hard to grip onto . . . I think you'd have to have massive man-hands to wield this successfully! It should either be smaller OR rubberized. The way it is, I'm constantly dropping it.

This was pretty good, but I'll keep looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras. I didn't care for the Last Blast waterproof (orange tube), but this one is a winner.

I really like that I can put on 2 quick coats and my lashes look good. It's not a really wet or dry formula - it's just right :)

This mascara adds definition, volume and a bit of length. It doesn't smudge or smear at all, and it holds a curl all day. It's easy to remove at night with a quick swipe of waterproof eyemakeup remover.

I will repurchase this one (and I haven't found another waterproof/resistant mascara that I would repurchase).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jesstill10

This is currently my go to mascara. Has been for about a year now. It separates my lashes quite well and is very easy for me to build up which I love, almost like I have fake lashes. The downside for me is I would like more volume. But honestly for the price I haven't been able to find much better. I've purchased "high end" brand mascaras and some have been absolutely terrible for a $35 tube of mascara! Overall I personally feel this has been a pretty good mascara, especially for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by toonnniiii

Ugh, worst mascara EVER!!! The brush is hard and rubbery, the mascara is wet and heavy, it clumps, doesn't separate the lashes AT ALL and it doesn't hold a curl. The only good thing about it was that it was very black, the the color suggested. BTW, I have long, between thick and thin lashes that grow straight.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Tjacord

One of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. Went on thick and clumpy. Water Resistant it is not, I bought it since I was going to a wedding & may tear up which I " slightly " did. I ended up with raccoon eyes & flaking. Never so embarrassed .
Btw.. The first review I have ever written in my life that's how angry I am!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

2.5 Rating **.5 1st of all, the VERY Black is like grey / gray (I can't spell lol)...2nd of all, I've NO idea how this is even related to REG Lash Fusion which I quite liked. There's virtually no volume or length or color. An ok mascara at best. However, I did take the LB Volume (WP) brush/ wand & place it in this resistant one (as I seldom wear WP b/c I cannot stand removing it at ngt) & it makes a little bit of a difference. Won't re-purchase, use it as a layering mascara only now. Not black enough for my already black lashes & brown skin. My HG Carbon Black Voluminous is my 2nd layer (my top off layer) & that combo seems to work for me at least, so all is not lost.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kyndie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just awful! This mascara did absolutely NOTHING for my eyelashes! It is supposed to lengthen and give volume but did neither. I previously bought the lash blast lengthening water resistant and really liked it, however, I wanted a bit more volume than it gave me so I thought the "fusion" was a good option. Well it wasn't. Even after like 3 or 4 coats my eyelashes still looked blah. Very disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by eggbuttz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best mascara ever. My favorite by far. The brush is perfect and so is the formula. It makes my eyelashes look amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by NaturallyPretty

I will NEVER buy this mascara again. I really like Cover Girl's Lasg Blast products, but this one was just horrible. It became very flaky and it was horrendous trying to get this stuff off of my lashes at the end of the night. I had to apply olive oil or coconut oil and let it set before taking it off. I know it's water proof, but damn..this stuff seriously takes a fight to come off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Obli

This mascara didn't do anything for me. The brush is very thick, which made it kind of hard apply to my short, asian lashes. After curling them and applying Lash Blast Fusion, there was pretty much no difference. In fact, the product weighed down my curl and pretty much made my lashes look worse.

I do think the mascara does lengthen a little bit, but obviously if my lashes are just going straight down that doesn't matter all that much. I also didn't see any added volume.

What I did love about this mascara was that it didn't smudge on me at all, although it did leave some minor flakes. I seriously was so happy to see this. Nearly every single mascara I've tried before has pretty much smudged within an hour on my oily lids. This makes it a really big plus for me -- if this mascara didn't do such a bad job at lengthening and volumnising, it'd probably be one of my favourites.