August 20, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - CG Continous Color Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dessayjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has wonderful color payoff, and is worth trying, but it will make flakes or dryness noticeable. Does last a pretty long time, but fades in the middle of lips and leaves a line of color around the edges of the mouth. I like this, but would suggest you use a lip balm or gloss over-top. GREAT as a stain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by alpha8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this lipstick. stays put for a very long time. i wear 540 midnight mauve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

The only reviews I find of this product in p'ville are all color specific, and I always find it easier to research a product when there is a overall/general entry for the product regardless of color and then reviewers can add, specifiying their color - make sense? That way, the reviews are centralized. :)

As a VERY long time fan of long wearing lip products {Colorstay, Outlast, Infallible (gloss + lipstick) }, I was borerd w/ my ds options even tho I have plenty that still work just fine. I came across this on the bottom shelf of both Target and Walgreens. I purchased 3 colors: #770 Bronzed Glow, #775 Penny Candy, #420 Iced Mauve. For reference, my go-to color is CoverGirl Outlast #545 Naturalast - I prefer the mauvy tones w/ just a touch of brown colors.

Both the 770 and the 775 do not have enuf of the mauvy tones (I tried each 1x = up for swap) :) The 420 could use more brown tones, but I still like it.

Here is what is amazing - the staying power and the cheap price of $6 (I got at Walgreens, but I believe Target was cheaper, but T didn't have the colors I wanted to try) which is less than my other products. Now, there is some transfer when drinking/eating (there is NO transfer w/ the Outlast or Infallible), the staying power is 9 hours on me (granted, it gets lighter thruout day w/ drinking/eating, but at day's end, I still have enough color on my lips that I dont' look like a corpse) + I don't need to constantly apply topcoats for moisture like I do w/ Outlast.

This will contine to be in my regular rotation.