Cover Girl CG Continous Color Lipstick

4.2

on 5/4/2015 7:59:00 PM

I feel like back in the day lipsticks were more unique and interesting and creative and now it just seems like a lot of companies are just playing it safe and sticking to pretty bland universal colours and that's why I love these lipsticks, they have colours you don't really see anymore, including the new Cover Girl lipsticks which I just seem to find boring or unflattering for my skin tone, every one of these that I have bought looks great on me! I have Bistro Burgundy, it's like a natural medium rose but still just makes the rest of my face pop, Pepper Pink quite a bright cool medium pink, which again really brightens up my face and I usually have trouble with cool pinks, the Brandyberry which is a bit darker than the Pepper Pink and has a bit of shimmer to it, also looks great on me, Honeyplum Glow another pretty unique one, gold-ish light plum maybe? And there's plenty of others from this line that I think would really suit me but they're hard to track down now as they've been discontinued and replaced with these new boring, unflattering lipsticks. Besides the great colours, they also last a long time on your lips, and usually they don't on me because I'm such a lip licker, they don't dry your lips out either, they actually make them feel less dry, they were also inexpensive, so they really were the most perfect lipsticks that I have found, it's a shame that they're disappearing.

on 10/8/2014 1:11:00 PM

I received a tube of this in It's Your Mauve in my Walmart Beauty box. I never would have bought it, as I have not had good luck with Cover Girl lipsticks. This one continues that pattern for me.

It goes on nicely. The color is kind of pink/rose. The color does not stay true. It got brighter as time went on, and became quite garish. The staying power was ok, not great, not terrible. As it wore off, it left my lips unevenly stained. Not a good look. It was not comfortable for very long, it started to feel like it was sucking the moisture out of my lips. It's going in the trash, and I would not buy this formula of lipstick.

on 11/6/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This has wonderful color payoff, and is worth trying, but it will make flakes or dryness noticeable. Does last a pretty long time, but fades in the middle of lips and leaves a line of color around the edges of the mouth. I like this, but would suggest you use a lip balm or gloss over-top. GREAT as a stain!

on 9/27/2012 5:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i love this lipstick. stays put for a very long time. i wear 540 midnight mauve.

on 1/14/2011 12:26:00 PM

The only reviews I find of this product in p'ville are all color specific, and I always find it easier to research a product when there is a overall/general entry for the product regardless of color and then reviewers can add, specifiying their color - make sense? That way, the reviews are centralized. :)

As a VERY long time fan of long wearing lip products {Colorstay, Outlast, Infallible (gloss + lipstick) }, I was borerd w/ my ds options even tho I have plenty that still work just fine. I came across this on the bottom shelf of both Target and Walgreens. I purchased 3 colors: #770 Bronzed Glow, #775 Penny Candy, #420 Iced Mauve. For reference, my go-to color is CoverGirl Outlast #545 Naturalast - I prefer the mauvy tones w/ just a touch of brown colors.

Both the 770 and the 775 do not have enuf of the mauvy tones (I tried each 1x = up for swap) :) The 420 could use more brown tones, but I still like it.

Here is what is amazing - the staying power and the cheap price of $6 (I got at Walgreens, but I believe Target was cheaper, but T didn't have the colors I wanted to try) which is less than my other products. Now, there is some transfer when drinking/eating (there is NO transfer w/ the Outlast or Infallible), the staying power is 9 hours on me (granted, it gets lighter thruout day w/ drinking/eating, but at day's end, I still have enough color on my lips that I dont' look like a corpse) + I don't need to constantly apply topcoats for moisture like I do w/ Outlast.

This will contine to be in my regular rotation.

Recommended for Medium Skin