October 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - CG Continous Color Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I received a tube of this in It's Your Mauve in my Walmart Beauty box. I never would have bought it, as I have not had good luck with Cover Girl lipsticks. This one continues that pattern for me.

It goes on nicely. The color is kind of pink/rose. The color does not stay true. It got brighter as time went on, and became quite garish. The staying power was ok, not great, not terrible. As it wore off, it left my lips unevenly stained. Not a good look. It was not comfortable for very long, it started to feel like it was sucking the moisture out of my lips. It's going in the trash, and I would not buy this formula of lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Dessayjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has wonderful color payoff, and is worth trying, but it will make flakes or dryness noticeable. Does last a pretty long time, but fades in the middle of lips and leaves a line of color around the edges of the mouth. I like this, but would suggest you use a lip balm or gloss over-top. GREAT as a stain!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by alpha8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this lipstick. stays put for a very long time. i wear 540 midnight mauve.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

The only reviews I find of this product in p'ville are all color specific, and I always find it easier to research a product when there is a overall/general entry for the product regardless of color and then reviewers can add, specifiying their color - make sense? That way, the reviews are centralized. :)

As a VERY long time fan of long wearing lip products {Colorstay, Outlast, Infallible (gloss + lipstick) }, I was borerd w/ my ds options even tho I have plenty that still work just fine. I came across this on the bottom shelf of both Target and Walgreens. I purchased 3 colors: #770 Bronzed Glow, #775 Penny Candy, #420 Iced Mauve. For reference, my go-to color is CoverGirl Outlast #545 Naturalast - I prefer the mauvy tones w/ just a touch of brown colors.

Both the 770 and the 775 do not have enuf of the mauvy tones (I tried each 1x = up for swap) :) The 420 could use more brown tones, but I still like it.

Here is what is amazing - the staying power and the cheap price of $6 (I got at Walgreens, but I believe Target was cheaper, but T didn't have the colors I wanted to try) which is less than my other products. Now, there is some transfer when drinking/eating (there is NO transfer w/ the Outlast or Infallible), the staying power is 9 hours on me (granted, it gets lighter thruout day w/ drinking/eating, but at day's end, I still have enough color on my lips that I dont' look like a corpse) + I don't need to constantly apply topcoats for moisture like I do w/ Outlast.

This will contine to be in my regular rotation.