October 1, 2014 | 1006 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Pressed Powder - Green Tint

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by MichelleWay

Update: This powder has broken me out so badly! I've only used it twice and my face looks like a pepperoni pizza! I've even got zits in places where I never get them!! The only place that is clear is my chin and that's because I didn't use it there! I'm really bummed because I like the color and consistency of this powder a lot. I think my face just had a bad reaction to one of the ingredients.

Recently my favorite powder (Sally Hansen Natural Beauty By Carmindy in Light) was discontinued and I immediately started looking for a replacement. I had bought a couple of these Physician's Formula Mineral Pressed powders at CVS for 75% off (they were repackaging it so it was a great deal) awhile ago and forgot about them. I remembered them the other day so I opened one and used it. I used it again today and I really like it. My cheeks tend to be red and this powder completely takes that away. The white in it is a huge benefit for me because I'm so pale that every foundation I've tried is a tiny bit too dark for me. The Carmindy powder was so perfect for me because it was so light it made my foundation look perfect. This Physician's Formula comes really close. I also like that it's talc-free. I don't like the little brush that came with it so I just use a regular powder puff. The only place I can't use it is on my chin because it leaves a greenish cast. I'm not sure why because it doesn't do that to the rest of my face. It's ok though. I can use something else on my chin. I really, really like this powder and am hoping it won't be discontinued too lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

I love this! I have very ruddy skin (not rosacea, just very ruddy on my cheeks) and it's always been embarrassing. I don't like to wear foundation during the day and was looking for something I could apply on its own to cover redness without having to put foundation over it and this fits perfectly. It is not SO green like the Everyday Minerals mint corrector so it doesn't show up ghostly on its own. It also does not highlight dryness or flakiness, which is great since the skin on my cheeks is extremely dry and flaky. I use this all over my cheeks to tone down the red, then apply the mint corrector in particularly red spots. It doesn't suck the life out of my face totally. I know the vampire look is in or something, but I prefer to look healthy. I love this stuff! Also the brush that comes with it isn't bad, which is very unusual (though it's still best to use a good brush if you can). If you wind up looking a little ghostly, just lightly brush some bronzer in a lighter color than you normally wear over it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Zabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this powder for 3 days now. I have redness in my cheek area, so much so that even a medium-cover foundation cannot completely mask it, and make my cheeks match the rest of my face.
I'm very happy with this powder. I put on my liquid foundation (Lancome Teinte Idole Ultra in Buff 2W), then I set it with my Eco Tools bronzer brush with this powder. It looks amazing. It actually takes out the red that the foundation cannot, but it doesnt leave that green tinge.
HOWEVER, there is some white in this powder. This works well for me, because my liquid foundation is a tad dark for my skin. So this powder fixes that. But if you wore it over a bare face, or over foundation that was too light/matched well, then you may end up a little pale looking.
My other concern is I do not know how well this foundation will photograph - there is Titanium Dioxide in mine, and Im not sure if maybe that will cause that ugly white cast in pictures. But for everyday wear, I love this (even though I usually turn my nose up at non high-end products!).

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LEGP1017

I love this. I wear it everyday all over my face to reduce shine and cancel out the red. Very expensive, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by teslafaraday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is reddish across the nose area, so I bought this product to try to tone it down. I am very pleased with the performance of this product. It tones down the redness and looks very natural, as long as it is applied with a good quality brush and applied sparingly. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 11:27:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is excellent! I stumbled upon it quite by accident in my search for green-tinted products to neutralize some redness in my complexion.

Many of the greens I've tried in the past have been bad shades that left a sickly pasty looking pallor, including a couple of former Physicians Formula products.

This powder (besides the fact that I love mineral powders) is a beautiful light shade of fresh mint green mixed with at least an equal amount of sheer white, so the neutralizing effect works subtley & doesn't leave any green cast. I fluff it on my face with a high quality Sephora powder brush for the most natural effect; I don't use the flimsy rough brushes that are included with drugstore makeup.

Regular price is $14 but was suprised to find this on sale for less than $3.69 (woo hoo!) which means I'm running back to that CVS today to buy the rest of what I can find.

With makeup or on a bare face, this powder is a gem! Thank you Physicians Formula.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No