December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Shatter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is the best shatter polish I have found. Easy to apply and crackles quickly and easily. OPI has great brushes and formulas.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My 8 year old (she's now 9) made me get her this and for her it's great. For me? I am just not into the whole shatter/crackle fad. Meh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by kitmitzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved it the first two times I used it. After a few months it completely dried out and the polish it now very thick and gloopy. I had to throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'd love this even more if it didn't get goopy and unusable. Had to toss it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ellie424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a fun polish. You can have a delicate or chunky looking shatter effect depending on how thick of a coat you apply. For those of you who are having trouble with the polish drying out, OPI recommends purchasing its polish thinner to keep it alive. I bought my thinner online, but I've also seen it at a Kroger grocery store. I bought this after my Sally Hansen Crackle dried out. I only have this in black because I don't want to wear shatter all of the time and black matchs most polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LaKellita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with a few other Shatters and they dried out in less than 6 months. I also have Crackle and they seem to be a better value since they are cheaper and don't dry out so fast, if they dry out at all. I WONT be buying Shatter again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI's Shatter nail polish is foolproof to apply and the look is exactly as advertized, which doesn't happen very often! I loved Black Shatter so much I went back to Sally's and bought several other colors. I had so much fun experimenting and I got loads of compliments! Why the lackluster rating then? Well, within about 2 months they all dried out! completely useless! I was so disappointed and had to throw them out. I suppose I would buy again if I was planning to use it all in a short period of time.

This product works perfectly until it doesn't work at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Meyahna

I usually love OPI but I would defintely not rebuy this product. It's fun at first but in a matter of weeks it is good for the trash bin as it becomes thick and just unusable. I haven't had such problems with another brand's crackle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Froydis1997

I love the cracle effect, but it is very greasy and dries too fast!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Sweets509

I really loved this nail polish, but I felt like it's too greasy