August 1, 2014 | 1796 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

I love this stuff! I have thick, dry, coarse wavy hair that I get chemically straightened twice a year, but there is still a wave to it. I was looking for a product to protect my hair from heat, and smooth my hair and lock in the straight style. I love that I can just wash my hair, put this balm in afterwards, and let it air dry overnight when I am sleeping and then straighten with my flat iron the next morning. When I do this, I wake up to smooth and soft waves that are easier to straighten, rather than dry hair that is all over the place. When I am done, my hair is smoother and softer than when I didnt use it. I can tell a difference. I also notice my hair stays straight for longer (even through the next night's sleep!) where I can just touch up with my flat iron, I dont need to flat iron my hair completely all over again! I had originally planned on only getting the haute spray, and when I saw this I decided to try it out and I am so glad I did! I prefer this over the haute spray (even though that is good as well) because I love that I just leave it over night. I will definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKidd0

Love this stuff. I usually hate serums, especially cheap ones, due to the sticky nature but this one is smooth and silky. It's great to use flat ironing and for blowing out with a round brush and really does give a sleek finish. It tames the pouf as I have a lot of fine, curly hair. Lastly, the smell of this product is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very nice makes my hair shine. Love the smell too..its fab! Like no other smell out there. Wonder if there is a perfume that has a similar scent to this lol?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I bought this product after my stylist used it in my hair and a co-worker recommended it. I found it worked well to get my difficult-to-hold-curl hair to hold a curl for the day and maintain wave for the next few. It also smells a bit like vanilla, musk and sandalwood, which I do like. The pump works exactly as needed, I don't need to use a lot on my long hair, just one full pump. The flecks of mica make it look appealing in your hand. The price is fair for a mid-high end salon product.

The downside to the product is that the brand isn't animal-friendly. This is becoming more important to me, so I won't be re-purchasing. Also, the Haute Iron Spray works times 2 versus this product, so a 5 is out of the picture in comparison. My stylist loves Haute and I love the results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There have been two products which have forever transformed my relationship with my hair : my flat iron and this product. I have had my flat iron for years, prior to purchasing it I would blow dry my hair as straight as it would go and then promptly tie it back in a ponytail or bun. I hated my hair, it was a big puffy uncontrollable mess. When I bought my flat iron I was finally able to wear my hair down, I began using Biosilk and my flat iron religiously as the combo tamed my hair allowing me to wear my hair down and made my hair glossy. I was thrilled for two years doing this, but then my hair became brittle and dry. It turns out Biosilk has little to no heat protecting qualities while also containing a fair amount of alcohol. It also made my hair a grease ball the next day, so washing my hair on a daily basis was a must. Thus, the hunt for the perfect serum began. I have tried countless brands and formulations from all ends of the price spectrum. The problem with all the serums I have tried is that I was still always reliant on my flat iron. Enter Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm.
Tigi's Sleek Mystique is fantastic. Two pumps is the perfect amount for my thick, wavy and tempermental mid back length hair. It feels super moisturizing and works like a charm with a round brush and hair dryer. The best part - my hair is left with the same results I get from using a flat iron, without having to actually use it. My hair remains de-poufed the entire day, is super shiny and radiant, smells fantastic and literally feels like silk. I feel like I belong on one of those Panteen commercials from the 90's it is so shiny and smooth! This product has cut at least a half hour out of my hair routeen and leaves me with results that last all day - with other products, even using a flat iron I would find myself tying my hair back by the end of the day either looking too big or too slimy from products in attempts to control it. Using this product I dont have to wash my hair on a daily basis either, making my life easier in the mornings. I have spent literally hundreds on hair products and finally found one that gives me the silky healthy locks I have always wanted. I highly highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by lauren1505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I even use it for straightening or curling my hair because there's some kind of a heat protect in it. I love the smell and it really does it's job. I will def keep repurchising this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I was first introduced to this by my Hairdresser the last time I went to get my hair cut, and I have never been so impressed with a styling prodcut! I have really thick, dry hair, especially the ends, and she recommended this because it makes it really soft, easy to dry and easy to style afterwards. It looks amazing, smells amazing and you only need the tiniest amount to make the biggest difference, meaning it lasts a long time. It works really well with the straightening spray too, which is equally amazing. I would recommend this to anyone and buy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I agree with the previous poster. This stuff is pretty awesome. It's smells AMAZING! and yes, the scent lingers. I use this with it's a 10 leave in with keratin and my hair is sleek and shiny. Did I mention it smells amazing? lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're super-picky about what goes in your hair when it's been shampooed and is damp and needs a product to keep it sleek, shiny, tamed, and just "perfect", this one just may work for you! My hair is so picky about styling products, and my hair is also so very dry, it has to have some major moisturizing elements in it, but without leaving my hair a big grease-ball. TRY IT. I IMPLORE YOU. The smell is absolutely fantastic, also! Smells like the shampoo and 'dish that matches, which is also a dream (will write a review soon). I can't describe the smell... some ingredients are Dragonfruit and Lychee, it's just... WOW. And the scent lasts forever, too! My hair has never smelled amazing the "next day", and with this stuff, it does. It is SUCH a pleasant smell and such a pleasant surprise!! It's almost a serum texture but maybe slightly thicker. And the best part is, it's not sticky or tacky in the least bit! It's actually HYDRATING. I use it to give my frazzled/bleached blonde hair some definition, hydration, and some tame to it. It does all of this plus more. All I know is, I can never live without it ever again. I can't stop touching/playing with my hair since using this whole line!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No