TiGi Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm

4.7

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, dimethicone crosspolymer, parfum, aminopropyl phenyl trimethicone, water, alumina, butylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, orzya satvia (rice) bran oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed silk amino acids, bambusa vulgaris extract, hylocereus undatus fruit extract, litchi chinenses fruit extract, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower, alpha-isomethyl ionone benzyl salicylate citronellol, coumarin, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxy citronellal, limonene, linalool, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

on 1/4/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is THE BEST hair product I have EVER purchased, and I purchase a LOT of products. My friends and family make fun of me because I have so many hair products. I have spent thousands trying to find products that would work.

I have very difficult hair. Thin, fine, frizzy, curly. I live in a humid climate. You know the episode of Friends where Monica's hair goes crazy in Barbados? Yeah, that's my life.

I got this product FOR FREE from a Beauty Brands- it was a free with purchase coupon I had. I NEVER would have bought this EVER.

I am hooked though. I put it on my damp hair before blow drying it. I only use a little bit. It is a sticky serum.

What it does for my hair... It makes it a little more shiny (I think it has like glitter in it LOL). It makes it slightly less frizzy. It kind of smooths it down and just makes it maintain better throughout the day. I just look more polished.

The tiny bottle has lasted me over a year, and I use it daily. I will for SURE re-buy this stuff. It is one of the only hair products I have ever re-purchased. I have recommended it to all my friends.

Again, before using it, I would have not ever thought to buy a "hair serum" or "balm"- I wouldn't have thought I needed it, especially because my thin hair gets oily/greasy easily. But this stuff? It's pretty amazing. Very difficult to describe what it does for me but wow.

I also love the smell. My only complaint is it is difficult to get off my hands after I apply it to my hair, but small price to pay for having hair that doesn't look like a total train wreck. Thank you, hair Gods, for the gift that is this product.

Oh yeah and I LOVE the smell. Nothing worse than a bad smelling hair product that you have to smell all day long. I LOVE THE SMELL OF THIS STUFF.

on 8/4/2014 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have the Haute Iron Spray from this brand, but I like the Blow Out Balm better. This product is great to use as a blow dry lotion or as a leave-in lotion on wet/damp hair. The glitter flecks give a beautiful shimmer to the hair and the formula provides a smooth, soft finish. My hair is definitely less frizzy and not as dry when I use this balm. The only downside to this product is it can slightly decrease my hair's volume, but I think this is due to the naturally fine texture of my hair, not a product error. For those of you with fine hair like myself, use this in conjunction with a volumizing product and you will get great results.

on 1/2/2014 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I have thick, dry, coarse wavy hair that I get chemically straightened twice a year, but there is still a wave to it. I was looking for a product to protect my hair from heat, and smooth my hair and lock in the straight style. I love that I can just wash my hair, put this balm in afterwards, and let it air dry overnight when I am sleeping and then straighten with my flat iron the next morning. When I do this, I wake up to smooth and soft waves that are easier to straighten, rather than dry hair that is all over the place. When I am done, my hair is smoother and softer than when I didnt use it. I can tell a difference. I also notice my hair stays straight for longer (even through the next night's sleep!) where I can just touch up with my flat iron, I dont need to flat iron my hair completely all over again! I had originally planned on only getting the haute spray, and when I saw this I decided to try it out and I am so glad I did! I prefer this over the haute spray (even though that is good as well) because I love that I just leave it over night. I will definitely repurchase

on 9/24/2013 11:05:00 PM

Love this stuff. I usually hate serums, especially cheap ones, due to the sticky nature but this one is smooth and silky. It's great to use flat ironing and for blowing out with a round brush and really does give a sleek finish. It tames the pouf as I have a lot of fine, curly hair. Lastly, the smell of this product is amazing!

on 6/6/2013 1:32:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice makes my hair shine. Love the smell too..its fab! Like no other smell out there. Wonder if there is a perfume that has a similar scent to this lol?!

I bought this product after my stylist used it in my hair and a co-worker recommended it. I found it worked well to get my difficult-to-hold-curl hair to hold a curl for the day and maintain wave for the next few. It also smells a bit like vanilla, musk and sandalwood, which I do like. The pump works exactly as needed, I don't need to use a lot on my long hair, just one full pump. The flecks of mica make it look appealing in your hand. The price is fair for a mid-high end salon product.

The downside to the product is that the brand isn't animal-friendly. This is becoming more important to me, so I won't be re-purchasing. Also, the Haute Iron Spray works times 2 versus this product, so a 5 is out of the picture in comparison. My stylist loves Haute and I love the results.

on 2/25/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There have been two products which have forever transformed my relationship with my hair : my flat iron and this product. I have had my flat iron for years, prior to purchasing it I would blow dry my hair as straight as it would go and then promptly tie it back in a ponytail or bun. I hated my hair, it was a big puffy uncontrollable mess. When I bought my flat iron I was finally able to wear my hair down, I began using Biosilk and my flat iron religiously as the combo tamed my hair allowing me to wear my hair down and made my hair glossy. I was thrilled for two years doing this, but then my hair became brittle and dry. It turns out Biosilk has little to no heat protecting qualities while also containing a fair amount of alcohol. It also made my hair a grease ball the next day, so washing my hair on a daily basis was a must. Thus, the hunt for the perfect serum began. I have tried countless brands and formulations from all ends of the price spectrum. The problem with all the serums I have tried is that I was still always reliant on my flat iron. Enter Sleek Mystique Blow Out Balm.
Tigi's Sleek Mystique is fantastic. Two pumps is the perfect amount for my thick, wavy and tempermental mid back length hair. It feels super moisturizing and works like a charm with a round brush and hair dryer. The best part - my hair is left with the same results I get from using a flat iron, without having to actually use it. My hair remains de-poufed the entire day, is super shiny and radiant, smells fantastic and literally feels like silk. I feel like I belong on one of those Panteen commercials from the 90's it is so shiny and smooth! This product has cut at least a half hour out of my hair routeen and leaves me with results that last all day - with other products, even using a flat iron I would find myself tying my hair back by the end of the day either looking too big or too slimy from products in attempts to control it. Using this product I dont have to wash my hair on a daily basis either, making my life easier in the mornings. I have spent literally hundreds on hair products and finally found one that gives me the silky healthy locks I have always wanted. I highly highly recommend it!

on 8/17/2012 4:33:00 AM

I love this stuff! I even use it for straightening or curling my hair because there's some kind of a heat protect in it. I love the smell and it really does it's job. I will def keep repurchising this product.

on 4/21/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I was first introduced to this by my Hairdresser the last time I went to get my hair cut, and I have never been so impressed with a styling prodcut! I have really thick, dry hair, especially the ends, and she recommended this because it makes it really soft, easy to dry and easy to style afterwards. It looks amazing, smells amazing and you only need the tiniest amount to make the biggest difference, meaning it lasts a long time. It works really well with the straightening spray too, which is equally amazing. I would recommend this to anyone and buy again and again!

I agree with the previous poster. This stuff is pretty awesome. It's smells AMAZING! and yes, the scent lingers. I use this with it's a 10 leave in with keratin and my hair is sleek and shiny. Did I mention it smells amazing? lol