October 1, 2014 | 1206 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Disco Ball

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thick and gloopy, but can be thinned. Dries gritty feeling and doesn't look as sparkly/shimmery as my other glitters. Looks dry with dark non-reflective pieces amongst the glitters that look like dry sand got into the formula. Rimmel's Finishing Touch in Glitter Top Coat is way better. Twice as sparkly, smoother finish and reflects so much more light. I do like Xtreme Wear in general though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by frenchrocks1

Terrible glitter polish :(
It works really nicely at first but after a few months, it started being super goopy and thick. But for $2.49, close enough ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great polish to use over other polishes to make them into glitter nail polishes. I especially like it over a particular barely there pale peach polish by l'oreal called Sweet Nothing. It gives it a very girly finish. The glitter is definately there but not too much. The base is basically clear but rather thick that's why I took off one lippie. If it were thinner you could apply more coats to get the level of glitter you wanted. Otherwise, this is a perfect glitter topcoat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful and versatile glitter polish. I'm reviewing with my having used it over other polish; I haven't used it on its own. There are tiny pastel metallic pieces of glitter in a semi-opaque base. I'd say you get a good amount of glitter on the brush, but it's not quite as densely packed as others from this line. Because the formula is a good consistency and not too thick, it's easy to apply the amount of glitter you want. I use this with my pastel polishes, and love the way it enhances them. The look may not be as dramatic as other glitters with larger pieces, but I'm most pleased with the pretty sparkle effect and would definitely buy this again. I use a single top coat by Revlon, and have had no issues with peeling or chipping.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The glitter damaged my nails when I was removing it! I usually remove by rubbing acetone cotton pads against my nail, and that rubbing action with the glitter pieces virtually "sandpapered" my nail surface. My nails lost the natural shine and I'm waiting for better nail to grow out again.
other notes:
- the look is actually very nice, it is a holographic rainbow colored glitter, subtle enough to look cool while enhancing the look of my hand.
- feels like sandpaper once applied on nails. umm.
- chipping occurs since day 1, but seems only to chip on nails. When I used the nail polish on my cellphone or notebook, it stays on fine.
- the glitter pieces are actually quite large and thick. In low light I can sometimes see the "side" of the glitter pieces instead of the surface, which is not ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by KeishaTas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This polish has me torn. I love the appearance of it- it gives just enough glitter to 'lift' the look of your manicure, without being over the top glitzy, so the look is nice, BUT the formula is horrendous. I have no problem with putting it on my nails- its keeping it on thats the problem!
I just don't understand what happens once it dries. As soon as its fully dried, it seems to somehow lift off and take all the polish underneath with it! On occasion, it's lifted a little in the corner and I've pulled at it (because it's annoying me) and it's literally pulled off all of the polish from the nail in one piece! I mean, it's a solid piece, like you've just taken off a false nail!
I've done some really fun home manis with leopard print etc. and wanted to enhance it with Disco Ball, but I'm afraid I'll end up ruining all the work I've put in by having it all peel off within hours!
Overall, the glitter is pretty but there's got to be something better out there that doesn't remove all of your nail polish. Probably better off paying a bit more for something from OPI rather than Sally Hansen

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by LIPGLOSSADDICT1025

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product because it has a clear color with holographic rainbow pastels glitters. I'm wearing it right now and it looks gorgeous. Only thing is when it has dried for a bit it will sort of turn into a ready to peel paste if it comes in contact with something for that short time. Looks great over nailpolish and by itsel. It has a clumpy formula that is sometimes hard to put over your nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by plasticsun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, I am so sad because I like this colour. Seriously, it looks great over both light pink and black and by itself. But the texture is truly awful. It's so lumpy that not even a topcoat can smooth it out. Also, it just falls right off. It seriously chips within an hour of me putting it on. Arg!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this one is a little disappointing actually.

Disco ball is a clear nailpolish with silver glitter in it, I usually use it in the end after the more plain colours to give them a wow factor.

it does the job BUT chips easily (or causes the polish under it to do so actually) the glitter is not really fine so gives a very uncomfortable feeling to the nail even after applying a top coat.

I use it alot but once the bottle finishes I'm running back to my OPI one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After having a baby I started doing my own nails to save money, so I’m not very skilled. This product helps me achieve the “salon-perfect” mani pedi look because it hides all the imperfections.

I usually put one coat of a coloured polish (colourful pastel, I haven’t mastered dark polish yet), then apply Disco Ball on top. I finish it with a glossy top coat, and voila! The finish product is a little bit of the first colour shining through, top with shinning iridescent sparkles. So pretty.

The best thing about it is it dries quickly, so I don’t have time to smudge my polish  But Like everyone else said, the down side is the gloppy texture. Despite the cons., I will definitely re-purchase.