September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Treatments - Avon - Nail Experts Strong Results Length & Strength Complex

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells terrible but it works. I grew my nails out the longest they have ever been while using this product. Anyone who has ever grown out incredibly long nails knows that strength is a huge factor when it comes to the length of a fingernail. Use as directed and you will get the results you want.

Usually what I do when I use this product is that I place this on my bare nails (no polish, no base coat, no strengthener, nothing) and rub it in and let it sit for awhile (I usually take a nap or go to sleep for the night). When I wake up, I wash it off and then do my normal manicure routine. I don't use any other nail growth or strengthening product, so I know that I can attribute my long, strong nails to this particular product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by mickky

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am trying to find out the contents of avon stron results product as my granddaughter who is 2 years of age, acquired the bottle and drank it, so I am wondering if you could tell me what is in it and is it dangerous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon Strong Results Complex is a nail treatment that promises to harden, repair, and promote nail growth. This is a product Iíve used on and off for atleast 6 years. Itís available from Avon for $6 or 7, but I usually pick several up when theyíre on sale for $2.99. Avon advises applying this product twice a day for fourteen days to achieve maximum results, however I use this as part of my daily routine. I apply two coats of this treatment, three times a day, as well as before painting nails, and after removing polish or trimming nails. This is excellent at hardening nails. I almost never have a break, though I do still have a small amount of peeling on my thumb nails. Iím not sure if this actually causes nails to grow as much as makes nails less prone to breakage. As for removing staining it works for small patches of discoloration but doesnt do much for major staining.
It has a slightly oily consistency and sits atop nails for about 20 seconds before sinking in. I donít find that this hs an offensive, nail polish-y smell, but a slightly sweet, chemically smell.
I recommend this for a daily nail treatment of if youíre looking for a nail hardener that provides a bit of length.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mibrola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Funniest thing about this product is I'd bought it at least 5 years ago based off reviews fromt he web and didn't use it correctly or long enough (2-4 weeks) and so I tossed it. Too bad I didn't know what I had, I could have had lovely nails all the sooner! Most recently, I bought this on ebay after seeing it in a nail care routine tutorial on youtube from linda165 (youtube search:My Nail Care+ Basic French Manicure)As with all nail products (biotin,gelatin, cuticle oil, etc) I am likely abusing/over using this. I am a recpetionist and apply this liberally several time (like 18+) over the 8 hr work day. I just keep it at my desk and apply all the time under my nails and along cuticles as the OPI Axxium gel grows out, pretty much anywhere raw unpolished nail is exposed so it can soak in. Every time I was my hands this is the first thing to go on after then cuticle oil then hand lotion. It really helps to adhere the skin to the nail. I used to get substantial nail growth but it would never adhere to the nailbed, and my nail line was always at the same point regardless of nail growth. Not anymore. This stuff smells like a chocolate or licorice concentrate but it fades away and the results are worth the gross smell. just keep with it and you'll notice the wuality of growth is so much better than before. The only thing negative (besides the initial smell) is the packaging which has since been redone - but my old rounded style bottle - again purchased from ebay - the new style is square and likely fixed - but I twisted mine too tight when closing it and snapped off the top - while it still twisted closed it leaked out all over my purse. So yeah - be gentle hahaha

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by iiTZzJOOLiiAH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only started using this product since yesterday so i dont really know how well it'll work however, i will update every few days.

the first day, there was no real improvement, of course.
the second day, there was still no real improvement. they all still seem very fragie and prone to breaking and splitting.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by raelynnnichole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I try to make most of my beauty product purchases based on good reviews or if it is on sale I will buy it to try it.
This nail treatment got good reviews on here as well as the Avon site, but I did not like it at all.I thought it was cool how it just "absorbed" into my nail, but now I am thinking it just evaporated because it did absolutly nothing for my nails. It smells like coco or something. Maybe it will work for someone who already has nice nails, but it did not help me grow mine out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff all but stopped the flaking on my nails, It didn't bleach the yellow staining, but it has hardened my nails to the point they don't flex all the time, however they are a touch brittle and my cuticle is now impossible to push back. It has become explosion proof.

On the whole, I like the product. I did pay attn to how it is to be used, you paint one or two coats on per day for a week.

You have to have naked nails to do it, and it sinks in, doesn't look polished at all.

I don't want to do another treatment for fear of my nails getting too brittle. One tiny flake since I did this almost 2.5 weeks ago.

I will probably use this up over time as needed and it was a good purchase. I put yes for rebuying, but that will take a long time, since I won't redo the treatment too often for fear of having a shattered nail (which sometimes happens with hardening products)

EDITED TO ADD: Its been a couple of weeks since my one week long treatment period. I've purposefully left my nails naked to see how this goes. Nor have I repeated the treatment.

Staining all gone (probably the nail stuff here, but also just leaving them naked)

Flaking is back again, on my worst nail, (right index) but nothing elsewhere, and even though a big flake occurred 2 days ago, this is still not as bad as before.

I plan to buy a glass file, and see if that helps a bit, and start applying polish again. Even if this is all the progress I'll see from one weeks treatment it's been worth it.

Recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily59

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe how my nails have improved after using this product. I really should have taken a before pic so I could post proof of the results. In July of 2008, I removed the silk wraps which I had worn on my nails for most of my adult life. After removing the wraps, my nails were a mess... weak, peeling, cracking. I also have ridges on many of my nails, and they would invariably crack at the ridge at the tip of the nail.

In the past year, I've tried every nail strengthener, you name it I used it. This stuff is honestly the ONLY thing that has worked for me.

The only drawback -- you cannot apply this product over nail polish. I guess that's a small price to pay for having naturally strong nails. I plan to continue to use Strong Results for the rest of June, and then I hope to resume polishing my (longer, stronger) nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by blim7

This is the only nail treatment that actually worked for my brittle nails. I had tried a lot of products before (inluding Mavala Scientifique) which worsened my nails due to formaldehyde content. After one week of using Avon Strong Results, my nails are stronger, shiner, with no cracks!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by walker290

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

day 2 of using this product, will use 2x/day for a week and will update on the outcome. I have not ever had nail tips/fake nails - my nails are a mess, because i wash my hands and wear vinyl gloves for work,nails are peeling/splittling constantly. there was a product by loreal call 10 day stronger nails, it was cheap and it worked, but sadly is no longer available. since then i have used everything: all of the sally hensen treatemnt, nail envy by opi, china glaze, revlon calcium nail treatment, nail tec, orly nail treatment, pretty much any nail treatment one can buy at rite aid or ulta, as appearex, and hair/nail vitamins. I even went to whole foods and used their "organic" nail polish treatment. despite all of this the peeling, breaking, splitting continues.

as mentioned in prior in post this is more like a nail oil than polish, the smell in the bottle is strong, but it dries non-sticky and odorlfree. More to come in a few days

UPDATE: It has been 4 days since I started, happy to report no new peeling, the white tips of my nails look brighter to