August 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Powder - Korres - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by cate1858

I just got this product this week in the Porcelein shade and I think it is great! I've been using a cream compact from shiseido for a couple of years, which I still really like, but wanted to try something lighter for the summer that would let my skin breathe but still cover my red cheeks. It seriously feels like you are wearing nothing! The coverage definitely depends on how you apply it. I've been using it with a flat top brush from shiseido which gives me medium coverage but if you used a kabuki brush it would probably be lighter coverage. I've tried to use bare minerals multiple time throughout my life and everytime I just end up hating it! This product doesnt look caked on and it doesn't have that gross feeling you get when you touch your face. Also I always found bare minerals fair shades to be too pink for me - I want to neutralize the pink in my face not enhance it. The porcelein color is slightly more yellow so its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lgerdeman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow - this product is lovely. It is the single foundation that my skin can handle without breaking out. Also, Bare Minerals gets an awful rating on the Environmental Working Group list for healthiness, but this Korres scores very well. Perhaps that's why it is so gentle. The finish is nice, very skin-like - it's difficult to tell it's even makeup. My only complaint is the color palette, if only it were a bit more extensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by drcotton

I had found this through eBay for a great price! I love that this product does not make me break out and it's a buildable powder! It covers every flaw and no need to put too much on your brush. It lasts all day. The only flaw to this powder is that the packaging could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by RosaleeCheyenneMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I LOVE the actual foundation. I use the color sand, which is supposed to be for those with pink undertones. I have a combination of yellow & red undertones in my skin (Native American, Italian, Polish) but I like the shade 'sand' because it sort of neutralizes my skin too, & makes it appear more peachy. Sometimes I use shades of makeup designed for pink/cool tones to neutralize/cool down my skin a bit. Other times I will match my own warm tones. This is one of the products that I use in a pink/cool tone because I like the affect it has on my very warm skin. The product has an illuminated, glowing finish, but it doesn't make me look oily or like I applied highlighter all over my face. Pur Minerals makeup had that affect on me, easily in photographs. It literally looked like I dumped grease all over my face-yuck. (I have skin that is so severely dry that it produces excess oil, making it look & behave like oily skin most of the time) It also provides nice coverage, & blurs all my skin imperfections. I also love how it has so few ingredients. I actually know what I'm putting on my skin, which I appreciate. I separate skin care & makeup, (I don't expect my makeup to do what my skincare is supposed to) but I like to use makeup that is good for my skin whenever possible. I actually found this product when I went into Sephora to try out the Bare Minerals Matte foundation. The cast member was very helpful & suggested that I might like this better after I talked to him about some of my skin issues. I also actually like the sponge that comes with this foundation, I use it sometimes in place of a makeup brush. When I do apply this with a brush, I use the brush that I have left over from my Pur Minerals starter kit. It's their chisel foundation brush. The only thing I dislike about this foundation is the packaging. It's horrible. The first time I went to open it, carefully, it went up in a powdery cloud & got EVERYWHERE. My clothes, my couch, my floor. Talk about a huge mess. Not to mention wasteful. This foundation isn't the cheapest, so I want to get the most uses out of it that I can. Also, my container leaks. I'm not sure if this is just mine, or if it's a flaw that all of the containers have. But even though I keep it stored upright, it always gets everywhere somehow still. The jar will be covered in the stuff when I go to use it again. Again- wasteful. Needless to say, this is impossible to travel with. I have trouble even opening the container to use it without losing a ton of product. I love this foundation so much & it's so beautiful on the skin, but the packaging needs to be improved. I would expect better from Korres, especially for the price of this makeup. I also wish that this exact formula came in a pressed powder rather than loose.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by che11262

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the mineral powder in the color "Porcelain." I'm happy that this makeup doesn't break out my sensitive skin. However, even the lightest shade they offer is too dark for my skin tone :/.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. I was surprised that I liked this foundation so much, and even more surprised that the lightest foundation color matched my extremely fair, cool-neutral skin color! I purchased the color "Porcelain." It gives a nice, dewy-glowy look. Doesn't look cakey or powdery. I apply a little extra over a blemish, and it acts as a concealer too. A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by 14K35911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked this up yesterday, so I can't comment on my skinds reaction to it yet, although I bought it because I have sensitive skin which breaks out fairly easily and this is a natural product, so I really hope I don't react to it! But so far, what I can say, is that this foundation does live up to it's claims: brightening, buildable coverage, natural finish. I would say it has more of a light-medium coverage, but its leaning towards light, in my opinion (although I am used to using liquid foundation--bourjois healthymix serum, which I love by the way!). So if you're looking for at least medium coverage, I wouldn't recommend this, my redness and blemishes peak through, but it evens my skin tone, which is all I really wanted from it. As for the brightening aspect, it has reflective particles that illuminate the skin beautifully! You can't see inidivudal shimmer particles, like in the aveeno positively radiant tinted moisurizer, it just adds a nice healthy sheen to your skin. The only downside to this, though, is that if you have an uneven texture to your skin, like I do, this will highlight all those imperfections. But overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. Also, I'm very impressed with the appearance of the actual product on my skin! I have never used a powder foundation before, only the MAC MSF Natural as a setting powder, but this doesn't even look like powder; the MAC MSF Natural looks way more powdery than this! It looks very natural and is very easy to blend (I use the Sephora Professional Mineral Brush).
Overall, i would say the main cons for me are just the price and the packaging. It is pretty expensive, $37 in Canada, and it does not have any sort of stopper to prevent the powder from coming out, like bare minerals does. I just keep the sponge it comes with in the container to act as a bit of a barrier for the powder, which works pretty well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kimdashylips

Mineral foundation usually takes fifteen minutes of blending to apply nd add coverage (bare minerals) this is way better, it is glory and natural and not a flat finish. If you are oily put on a powder ('duh) the oily people who complain about this need to get that it says nothing about oil control...it says brightening which can be more luminous. This is a great foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by greta23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on my second jar of this foundation. I've gone through Bare Minerals and multiple liquid foundations. This one is the best! It suits my skin, which can get easily irritated/oily. Provides good coverage without feeling like you're wearing anything. of course, I wish it was cheaper but it is worth the money to me. AND it has amethyst & quartz crystals in it! Very cool.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by pgherin

I loved this product on my face in the store so I bought it. However, I no longer use this product. Even with a light dusting you can see the power on your face and in your creases. I was highly unsatisfied with the chalky look. I like my face to look more natural and this is not the foundation powder to achieve that look.