New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Fuschia Shock Creme 111

4.1

on 7/25/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Packaging looks young, cheap and generic.
Color wise it was a bright pink that reminds me very much of the 80's.
Fun color for the summer.
Lasting power is not so great and did start to chip away day one.
Bought for my young daughter.

on 7/28/2013 10:54:00 PM

NYC is one of my favorite nail polish brands! It goes on smooth and dries in like 30 seconds-no joke. It's shiny and lasts long enough for me to get sick of it and move onto the next color ;) It was 99 cents and you just can't go wrong with that! I'll definitely purchase more NYC polishes(:

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Application wasn't so good but it was ultimately manageable. It dries quickly and glossy. The result is a bright defiant fuchsia. Great for summer but not for the shy or cool toned.

on 1/6/2012 6:02:00 PM

I ADORE this nail polish! I agree with the previous reviewer, its a bright Barbie pink, and not for the faint at heart. I keep going back to this color though... it really is my fav.:)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

totally agree im not into "high end" nail polishes cause even those can be a pain . this nail polish is awsome pretty shade of pink two coats of it and your done top of with a top coat even with a cheap top coat this lasted me around two weeks with no chip i had to take it off myself:D

on 6/21/2011 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

It's not OPI. Once you accept that, it's not a bad cheap drugstore polish! Two coats gave me mostly opaque coverage. It doesn't chip more than OPI. My nails look like shiny jolly rancher candies! I used a cheap no name top coat, and I just have tip chips and I type all day. This color is bubble yum pink. It looks awesome and summery. I would get this brand again and I like this candy pop of color.

on 1/13/2011 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This a bright pink that reminds me of Barbie and isn't for those who are shy about wearing a loud nail color. Two coats of this and you have beautiful, pigmented color! I got this for only a dollar and the color and quality rival that of more expensive brands. With a base and top coat, this will last you a week with minimal chipping, but you can go without a base/top and still get pretty good wear. It isn't super long wearing, but for a dollar, I really don't mind. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly, with a shiny finish that has minimal streaking. This polish has a creme finish, meaning that it's opaque and has no sparkle.
...
The New York Color polishes are excellent in quality and I often prefer them over other brands. The range of colors and finishes is also impressive for such an inexpensive brand. I have several of these polishes in my collection (how can I say no when they are cheaper than a pack of gum?) and I have to say that the neon cremes are the colors that got me painting my nails again. I will buy this as well as other NYC polishes as long as they make them.

Popular Polishes