New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel - Big Apple Red Creme 131

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/25/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is an underrated red for the price and quality of the color. It happens to be a pinup red that goes on the nail easily. As I have short nails, I normally prefer the long thin brush to the wider OPI brush, but that depends entirely on the quality and shape of your nails. The red is gorgeous and 50s housewife style and the price is very cheap. It usually sells for 99 cents but it was on sale at Target so I got it for 84.
The only drawback to this nail polish is its staying power. After three days, it starts to chip at the ends.
Other than that, I love the color and if my bottle ever runs out, I plan on buying some again.

on 11/18/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a gorgeous, candy apple, blue based red. Definitely a classic pinup, true red. And I love it for that. The brush is long and thin and doesn't cover the nail terribly well, but for 99 cents I'm willing to deal with it and work around that issue. This polish is opaque in two coats, though you could probably get away with one thick coat. I wouldn't call it long wearing like the name claims, but if you top it with Seche Vite or another heavy duty top coat, it should last you at least three days.

I would not repurchase, just because I have since found other reds that perform better (WnW Mega Last and Butter London).

on 11/9/2012 10:24:00 PM

This is a nice "true" red. It reminds me of a red crayon. Orangey reds look horrid on me, and many basic reds have yellow undertones. This is the first "regular red" I've found that looks good on me!

The wear is great on my toes with a base and top coat. I can go two weeks without a touch up. It's not great on my hands, though. I don't usually bother with a base/top coat on my hands because it chips quickly and I just redo them when they start looking shabby. I found even my best topcoat doesn't really lengthen the wear. I am hard on my hands as a teacher, wife, and mom to a 5 month old.

on 8/3/2011 12:33:00 AM

I'm wearing this now.It chips easily but still looks nice.I love the pure red and the sophistication.And the price is pretty great too

on 6/16/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This polish is good, not amazing or hg. The colour is nicely pigmented and it does chip very easily. It's good for the price of 2.50 cnd.

on 1/13/2011 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG red and go-to polish when I can't decide what color to wear! Two coats of this and you have beautiful, bright, pigmented color. I got this for only a dollar and the color and quality rival that of more expensive brands. With a base and top coat, this will last you a week with minimal chipping, but you can go without a base/top and still get pretty good wear. It isn't super long wearing, but for a dollar, I really don't mind. The polish itself goes on smoothly and with two coats, you have little to no streaking. The creme formula may not be for those who like a little sparkle, but I personally love cremes and this was the first I bought. The red is a true red, not pinkish or bluish in tone. The finish is shiny, even without a top coat, and it dries and hardens faster than other polishes. The NYC polishes are the only ones I have purchased over and over, and I hope that they are never discontinued!

Popular Polishes