April 19, 2014 | 980 users online

Scrubs - Boots - Expert Sensitive Gentle Smoothing Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

My favorite scrub has been discontinued. So here I go on the hunt for another. I went to Boots Expert Line having loved their toner and moisturizer.

The plus side of the scrub is the round exfoliating beads (No jagged edge crushed shells should go near your face), I also liked the pump bottle container and Boots Expert is free of irritating ingredients.

The negative is that the beads are few and far between, adding that to the slip of the gel base makes this an ineffective scrub....Next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, gentle scrub that I use 2-3 times a week before washing to help get rid of any flakes from my BHA and vitamin C exfoliants. It does a good job with no irritation and doesn't scratch up my skin. Also love that it has no added fragrance, colors, and the only botanical it has is aloe.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Ginger1234

This was mentioned by Paula Begoun as being an almost identical duplicate for La Roche Posay's Physiological Ultra-Fine Scrub.

It is definitely gentle, good for sensitive skin and a good value. It is effective enough to make a noticeable difference without aggravating sensitive skin.

I personally will not repurchase because the slight differences make me prefer La Roche Posay. LRP has a thicker consistency with more scrubbing beads. Boots is like a watered-down version of LRP - it is more watery with fewer scrubbing beads. This leads to using more of the Boots scrub to achieve the same results from the LRP. It also reduces the cost difference between the two; I purchase the scrub infrequently enough that I don't mind paying a little extra for LRP.

Boots averages $6 for 3.3 ounces and LRP averages $18 for 1.69 ounces (in US dollars).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

HG scrub! So gentle, and yet exfoliates well. It is a gel with little beads. The price is also excellent. Boots has great skincare.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by bambooflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very good, effective, gentle face scrub. It does not irritate my sensitive skin. The gentle microbeads are just enough to scrub off the excess skin that everyone should slough off once a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at Target on discount and love it. I was suprised that I enjoyed it so much. The pump bottle on this is lovely and gives just the right amount of product for each use. I used it 3 times a week for about 4 to 6 months. Lots of product considering how long it last.
The scrub is a nicely smoothing and gets the job done. I have used St Ives and found it too harsh. I have normal skin that gets a bit oily in the tzone and found that St Ives made my more oily. Also, since it is very mild it does not conflict in smell or with other products I am using.
This regularly retails for about $6 and I would purchase at full price.