April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Wet 'n' Wild isn't just for inexperienced preteens anymore, and I couldn't be happier for that. Silent Treatment is a shadow trio I find myself reaching quite a lot. The browbone shade is a semi-opaque pink, the crease shade is a deep brown-black with some bronze flecks, and the eyelid shade is a pewter-lilac with a bit of shimmer. These lend to a more dramatic night look or a blended-out neutral and somewhat classic day look.

The consistency is great and they apply very easily, but I find the crease color less blendable and the bronze flecks don't show very much in application. I tend to use a lot less of that color than I'd like for those reasons. The pewter and brow colors I absolutely LOVE to use with my other shadows and I use the crease color to line the outer 3rd to smoke out the eyeliner a little. I would buy this again, if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Wet N' Wild continues to amaze me with thier shadows.. I love this trio. Highly pigmented, soft, and creamy. Easy to blend with not much fallout. I grab for these more than I do my MAC and other high end shadows... Definitely not the same Wet n' Wild from back in the day! The taupe color has to be my all time favorite of the whole trio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by downeaster_alexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this may not look terribly impressive on the shelf, it is worth picking up, especially if you have green eyes. The shadows are smooth, nicely-pigmented, and at an unbeatable price point. For those comparing the lid color to Satin Taupe, I would disagree on that. I love ST and it looks pretty on my eyes, but this color just makes them pop even more (more purple/grey than brown, I think). The highlight color is OK, the crease color is gorgeous. Canadians, you should be able to pick this up at Wal-mart for under $3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

I absolutely love these colors! There so pigmented thank you wet n wild your eyeshadows are amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this trio!! Especially the brow bone for highlighting nd a tad bit of brown for depth on my crease n bam gorgeous eyes(:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color combo is great, the pigmentation is great, the staying power is also great. It's the perfect color combo for a smokey eye, which you could downplay for daytime or make it darker for night time. I also like the little bristle brush that comes with it - I like to use that for blending the shadow on the browbone only. The bottom color is a very pretty taupe/gray color with a shimmer (not chunks of glitter but just a shimmer) which is very universal, the second color is a dark gray/black with shimmer and the top color for your brow bone is a champagne/peachy/pink. The powder itself is very soft and blendable. WnW makes very good eyeshadows and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

BLESS YOU WNW FOR MAKING THESE SHADOWS.

Every single palette Wet n wild makes is MORE than worth the money you pay, they are so fabulous. But for just a minute, if you don't mind, I'm gonna rant a little.

I hear so many people talking about the brushes that come with these, you know, the little bristle one.
"the brush is just....eh..."
"I really don't like this little brush..."
"I will probably never use this..."
"I wish wet n wild would put better brushes in these..."
STOPPPPPP
Do you know how freaking amazing these eyeshadows are?! They are so amazing, I would pay three times the amount for JUST ONE of these. They are that good! I would pay a ton of money for these even if it didn't come with a brush. But you know what wnw decided to do? They knew that their customers don't usually prefer those sponge applicators, so they put a soft little bristle brush in there for you, even thought their shadows were such good quality for so cheap, they decided that they'd go the extra mile for the customer. And you know what they get? COMPLAINTS. Just stop it. I haven't seen any other drugstore brand put a brush like that in their palettes before, but wnw did, and they are one of the cheapest brands.

So way to go wnw, I commend you for your amazing products. (rant over, lol)

These shadows are amazing pigmentation, consistency, and especially price. I give these 1 hundred million stars.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great trio, especially for the price. I bought this for my travel kit, but I like it enough that I use it on a regular basis at home. I am NW15 and these colors work very well for me. The browbone shade is a pale, peachy pink with a hint of shimmer. The eyelid shade is a medium taupe with a hint of purple, similar to MAC Shale. I typically only use the browbone & the lid shade. The crease shade is a very dark brown with some gold flecks. It is *very* dark, so I don't use it too often, but it is a nice color. These are very soft and thus can have fallout, so I find that I just tap my brush onto them to pick up the color, and apply with a light hand (especially the dark brown crease color!) All of the shadows are incredibly creamy and soft, velvety, blendable, and very nicely pigmented. Over my MAC Painterly paint pot base, these last all day on me. I remember purchasing Wet & Wild stuff as a broke teenager (I am now in my late 30s), and since I got older and moved on to other brands, I never gave WNW a second look. I just assumed it was still cheap junky "teenager" makeup. I watch/read Beauty Broadcast, and Emily talks about these quite often, so I decided to give it a shot, and I'm very glad I did. WNW shadows are very nice quality, and ridiculously cheap. Much better quality than most drugstore shadows of other brands, even some like Revlon & L'Oreal. The quality on these, honestly, is comparable to some of the higher end shadows I own, such as Urban Decay & Julie Hewett. I am very impressed with these and I would repurchase if I ever run out, or want to try more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This eye shadow is popular for a reason - it is fantastic. The charcoal color is great as a smudge liner, and the taupe is absolutely beautiful as a lid shadow. I have hazel eyes and it makes them sparkle. Best 3 bucks I've ever paid for eye shadow. By far my favorite!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by GirlieQ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These are beautiful shadows at such an affordable price. The brown crease color is quite dark, so I would apply lightly and bump it up if you need to. I got mine from five below for $2.99. I would buy them again and again.