August 20, 2014 | 2015 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by elle918

This is my go-to eyeshadow trio. I like that it's very versatile. I use all 3 shades, but a one-color look is also doable with this. It has an exceptional finish and blends so easily. These colors were made for each other! I use eyeshadow primer on my eyelids and undereyes, but it isn't really necessary for these shadows to pop. The color payout is exceptional. Not much brush fallout, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

First of all, the person below me complaining about color payoff must live on a different planet because I've gone through many of these, people here overwhelmingly love this trio and temptalia rated it highly amongst numerous others so complaints about color payoff are laughable and ridiculous to me. Moving on, the lavender taupe here is phenomenal, and with the deep rich cool brown, you can take this palette day to night. It's definitely one of the best trios from wet n wild and perfect for travelling. As far as I'm concerned, only two brands in the drugstore are worth buying eyeshadow from: Wet n wild for singles, trios and the comfort zone palette, and Loreal for the Infallibles. Mid end it's Urban Decay/ Mac, and high end it's Burberry hands down. I'm happy that at this point, I can truly distinguish quality and streamline my collection to only the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I'm no eyeshadow snob. I use mid-end, drugstore, and indie eyeshadows with equal contentment. That being said, I have no idea what all the bloody excitement over this trio is about. I bought this after seeing that it was one of the most well-loved and highly recommended Wet 'n Wild palettes. This is the only WnW shadow I've tried so far, but based on my experience, I don't think I'll be trying any more.

The colors ARE lovely - taupes are right up my alley, and the swatches on my hands were encouraging. The formula felt silky and soft and the colors showed up marvelously. But then I went to apply them to my eyes, and... what happened? Where did the silky texture and excellent pigment go? I had to keep adding layer after layer of shadow for these to show up, and once they did, they started going all muddy and just looked a mess. To top it all off, I had crazy fallout under my eyes, which is not a problem I usually have.

At first I suspected my brushes, but seeing as how they apply any other eyeshadow just fine, I don't think they're to blame. I think the shadows are just sub-par and people rave about them because of how cheap they are (and thus their expectations are low). I don't think eyeshadows (or anything else) needs to be expensive to be good, but these aren't worth the $5. Keep it and get a lovely frappuccino instead.

For those that DO end up liking these, a word of caution: be very careful about transporting them, either when traveling or just in/out of your makeup bag. They are very fragile and any slight jarring of the package seems to send them crumbling.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by relougirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the past three years, I used this palette pretty much everyday to do a basic smoky-eye look. The colours are very pretty and well pigmented. I never use primer and they last just fine! And at $3 seriously, it's an amazing product.

I was very happy with it UNTIL I looked at the ingredients list (I know, like, 3 years later... ): it's full of parabens, aluminium and mineral oils derivatives. Eww. Won't repurchase, it was too good to be true :( I managed to find a 'cleaner' dupe at Yves Rocher (without the lightest shade). Very sad because I loved this palette, but for something that I use every single day I'd rather avoid harmful chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Wet 'n' Wild isn't just for inexperienced preteens anymore, and I couldn't be happier for that. Silent Treatment is a shadow trio I find myself reaching quite a lot. The browbone shade is a semi-opaque pink, the crease shade is a deep brown-black with some bronze flecks, and the eyelid shade is a pewter-lilac with a bit of shimmer. These lend to a more dramatic night look or a blended-out neutral and somewhat classic day look.

The consistency is great and they apply very easily, but I find the crease color less blendable and the bronze flecks don't show very much in application. I tend to use a lot less of that color than I'd like for those reasons. The pewter and brow colors I absolutely LOVE to use with my other shadows and I use the crease color to line the outer 3rd to smoke out the eyeliner a little. I would buy this again, if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Wet N' Wild continues to amaze me with thier shadows.. I love this trio. Highly pigmented, soft, and creamy. Easy to blend with not much fallout. I grab for these more than I do my MAC and other high end shadows... Definitely not the same Wet n' Wild from back in the day! The taupe color has to be my all time favorite of the whole trio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by downeaster_alexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this may not look terribly impressive on the shelf, it is worth picking up, especially if you have green eyes. The shadows are smooth, nicely-pigmented, and at an unbeatable price point. For those comparing the lid color to Satin Taupe, I would disagree on that. I love ST and it looks pretty on my eyes, but this color just makes them pop even more (more purple/grey than brown, I think). The highlight color is OK, the crease color is gorgeous. Canadians, you should be able to pick this up at Wal-mart for under $3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

I absolutely love these colors! There so pigmented thank you wet n wild your eyeshadows are amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this trio!! Especially the brow bone for highlighting nd a tad bit of brown for depth on my crease n bam gorgeous eyes(:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color combo is great, the pigmentation is great, the staying power is also great. It's the perfect color combo for a smokey eye, which you could downplay for daytime or make it darker for night time. I also like the little bristle brush that comes with it - I like to use that for blending the shadow on the browbone only. The bottom color is a very pretty taupe/gray color with a shimmer (not chunks of glitter but just a shimmer) which is very universal, the second color is a dark gray/black with shimmer and the top color for your brow bone is a champagne/peachy/pink. The powder itself is very soft and blendable. WnW makes very good eyeshadows and you can't beat the price.