September 21, 2014 | 1805 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by annacaccia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally I found in Europe this product. When I finally found Wet n Wild I literally grabbed a bunch of stuff ( I went a little bit crazy, expecially with eyeshadows). As soon as arrived in my room I swatched everything I bought. That evening I asked my boyfriend which pallet shoud I have used and he chose this ;)
The shadows are really pigmented and blend well on the eyelid. I use them Always with a primer. After several hours I tend to notice some fallouts.. But, come on they are so cheap and they have such a good quality!
I will buy it again when I finish it (if I find it again!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

For the amount of product you receive and the great pigmentation I must say that this definitely competes well against my pricier palettes. The colors ring true to pan and blend beautifully on the lid. Some palettes I picked up from WNW have been misses but when I land myself a hit I'm quite pleased with the outcome. Definitely keeping my eye out for future releases.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by elle918

This is my go-to eyeshadow trio. I like that it's very versatile. I use all 3 shades, but a one-color look is also doable with this. It has an exceptional finish and blends so easily. These colors were made for each other! I use eyeshadow primer on my eyelids and undereyes, but it isn't really necessary for these shadows to pop. The color payout is exceptional. Not much brush fallout, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I'm no eyeshadow snob. I use mid-end, drugstore, and indie eyeshadows with equal contentment. That being said, I have no idea what all the bloody excitement over this trio is about. I bought this after seeing that it was one of the most well-loved and highly recommended Wet 'n Wild palettes. This is the only WnW shadow I've tried so far, but based on my experience, I don't think I'll be trying any more.

The colors ARE lovely - taupes are right up my alley, and the swatches on my hands were encouraging. The formula felt silky and soft and the colors showed up marvelously. But then I went to apply them to my eyes, and... what happened? Where did the silky texture and excellent pigment go? I had to keep adding layer after layer of shadow for these to show up, and once they did, they started going all muddy and just looked a mess. To top it all off, I had crazy fallout under my eyes, which is not a problem I usually have.

At first I suspected my brushes, but seeing as how they apply any other eyeshadow just fine, I don't think they're to blame. I think the shadows are just sub-par and people rave about them because of how cheap they are (and thus their expectations are low). I don't think eyeshadows (or anything else) needs to be expensive to be good, but these aren't worth the $5. Keep it and get a lovely frappuccino instead.

For those that DO end up liking these, a word of caution: be very careful about transporting them, either when traveling or just in/out of your makeup bag. They are very fragile and any slight jarring of the package seems to send them crumbling.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by relougirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the past three years, I used this palette pretty much everyday to do a basic smoky-eye look. The colours are very pretty and well pigmented. I never use primer and they last just fine! And at $3 seriously, it's an amazing product.

I was very happy with it UNTIL I looked at the ingredients list (I know, like, 3 years later... ): it's full of parabens, aluminium and mineral oils derivatives. Eww. Won't repurchase, it was too good to be true :( I managed to find a 'cleaner' dupe at Yves Rocher (without the lightest shade). Very sad because I loved this palette, but for something that I use every single day I'd rather avoid harmful chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Wet 'n' Wild isn't just for inexperienced preteens anymore, and I couldn't be happier for that. Silent Treatment is a shadow trio I find myself reaching quite a lot. The browbone shade is a semi-opaque pink, the crease shade is a deep brown-black with some bronze flecks, and the eyelid shade is a pewter-lilac with a bit of shimmer. These lend to a more dramatic night look or a blended-out neutral and somewhat classic day look.

The consistency is great and they apply very easily, but I find the crease color less blendable and the bronze flecks don't show very much in application. I tend to use a lot less of that color than I'd like for those reasons. The pewter and brow colors I absolutely LOVE to use with my other shadows and I use the crease color to line the outer 3rd to smoke out the eyeliner a little. I would buy this again, if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Wet N' Wild continues to amaze me with thier shadows.. I love this trio. Highly pigmented, soft, and creamy. Easy to blend with not much fallout. I grab for these more than I do my MAC and other high end shadows... Definitely not the same Wet n' Wild from back in the day! The taupe color has to be my all time favorite of the whole trio.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by downeaster_alexa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While this may not look terribly impressive on the shelf, it is worth picking up, especially if you have green eyes. The shadows are smooth, nicely-pigmented, and at an unbeatable price point. For those comparing the lid color to Satin Taupe, I would disagree on that. I love ST and it looks pretty on my eyes, but this color just makes them pop even more (more purple/grey than brown, I think). The highlight color is OK, the crease color is gorgeous. Canadians, you should be able to pick this up at Wal-mart for under $3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MandyLynn90

I absolutely love these colors! There so pigmented thank you wet n wild your eyeshadows are amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this trio!! Especially the brow bone for highlighting nd a tad bit of brown for depth on my crease n bam gorgeous eyes(: