July 28, 2014 | 2183 users online

Lip Gloss - Tarte - LipSurgence stain pencil - Enchanted

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, HG. I'm so glad I finally gave in and bought this. I am NC15 - very cool and fair. Two swipes of this smooshed around on my lips gives me the perfect color to brighten up my face and make me look alive. A more generous layer gives a luscious saturated raspberry color. This makes my teeth look whiter too. This is an amazing product. Most stains are hard to work with but this has a satiny gel texture that I find so much easier to work with.
My only complaint is the price which is astronomical and ridiculous. There is only an inch of product!! I see myself going through it fast.
I plan to buy more backups though - one for my makeup bag and one for my purse. It's amazing. Cool toned fair ladies give it a try - you'll be broke but you won't be disappointed! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This is a product that gives a lot of pop and moisture, but does not wear well throughout the day. To my surprise, it clung to lines on my lips that I did not even know where there. You definitely need to use this with a lip balm first to plump up your lips and then apply. That said, I love the pigmentation and the precision that this pencil offers. I would definitely repurchase despite the wearing problem. If you are looking for a similar color or product without the lip lines problem, try Fresh Lip Sugar in Coral.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have such a love/hate relationship with Tarte's lip stains. I love the colors and how they make my lips look. They're sheer yet buildable, and the shades are exquisite--not a garish one in the batch. I hate the formula: for a product that claims to increase the lips' moisture, I find it to be exceptionally drying, almost to the point of discomfort. It also doesn't wear very long and it tends to stain unevenly--you REALLY need to exfoliate the lips well before applying.

Enchanted is a beautiful red rose shade. Like I said, the color is to die for. How it feels on the lips is not.

This is the type of product that if it's on sale or I can get it at a discount, then I'll grab it. But I'm not satisfied enough with the quality of the lip stains to pay full price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this based on reviews. I like lip stains but I love this one. It goes on nicely and stays for a few hours and it is easy to reapply. I have one at home, one in my purse, and one at work. I am surprised how much I look forward to putting it on. I just wish it was less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite lip product right now. The shade is perfect for my dark hair and pale skin. It's not very moisturizing but I find the color lasts for several hours before I need to reapply. I'm on my second one now and will continue to buy as long as it's available.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I have the mini size of this pencil that came with the Tarte bestsellers collection. At first I really liked this. It gives you a shiny red color on your lips almost like a gloss. It looks natural and the color is really pretty. I have tried their matte pencils though and I like those much better personally. This is a really nice product though but WAYY overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Milly111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Out of all the lip tarts that I own, this has got to be my least favorite. The color just doesn't look right on me. Its not long lasting, you have to reapply every few hours. If you want to eat our drink, it transfers bad. Will not buy ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by grdilullo63

I received this in a holiday 5 pack of tarte lip stains for only $34. Even though I purchased it for that low price, I would definitely buy this color for full price! It is smooth and creamy on application, and the red/berry color is definitely natural. It looks like my lips are flushed, as if I'd been biting my lips. For reference, I'm an NC25 with not very pigmented lips, and this color is not clownish, IMO.

As for the wear, it doesn't feel as drying as drugstore brands, and its staying power is definitely several hours, although the glossy finish fades more quickly. The color itself stays on for about 6-8 hours, depending on how much I'm eating or drinking/liking my lips, but the glossiness fades after about an hour. I sometimes apply rose salve over it, if I'm feeling particularly chapped, but usually it feels moisturizing enough on its own.

Packaging is decent. I'm not sure how long it will last though. I apply it twice a day, so I'll edit this post to mention when I finish it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lip stain pencil. Yes, even with lip primer I had to reapply but the color and minty goodness is hard to deny. I used Too Face lip primer with it because it is very silky and moisturizing. The color is a beautiful sheer red but not that super red berry stain. For my skin NW-15 it's a great color. I always have a hard time finding a bright lip for Fall but not with Enchanted it truly is a lovely moisturizing color.
That's why i don't mind applying it more than the usual plus it does leave a stain. I just prefer the full look of color this nice chubby pencil delivers. I'm so happy I found a red I can finally wear! These lip pencils are simply excellent I love my Matte but the sheer are earning a good place in my heart.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by gamahocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You have to exfoliate your lips before using this product or else it will go on blotchy. Other than that, it lasts long and has good color pay off