November 28, 2014 | 1989 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Shaper

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Ok so I was using DAX on my eyebrows (a men's hair wax) which worked great but I can't carry that massive tub around. So then I saw the Anastasia wax pencil and thought if DAX works the NYX can't be that bad. And I'm happy I that I bought this as its great without overdoing it. If you want something really strong to glue your eyebrows into place then this isn't for you, use hair wax or gel instead. I love this for being soft as it doesn't have the crunchiness of an eyebrow or hair gel. I use this with the Anastasia brow wiz pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. It replaced my MAC eyebrow finisher upon the first try and I've been using it since. The sharpening part is annoying, but I am still on the same pencil a year later. Great product at a great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I now mainly use this for helping my brow filler (MUFE Aqua Brow) to adhere to this small chicken pock scar that have on my eyebrow, it's basically a bald spot & hair doesn't grow there & makeup doesn't adhere well to it. This does a pretty good job at helping me with that. But I initially got it to hold down my unruly brow hairs. I have pretty sparse brows but a lot of the hairs grow in different directions. It doesn't have too much hold so it's not super effective at that. I use it before filling in my brows (I feel like it wouldn't work using it after filling because I think it'd just make any product you use before it come off). It kind of has a slight sheen when you apply it most likely due to the oils in it, which I'm not a fan of because it makes me look like I'm either sweating or I'm getting oily on my brows. Even though it allows product to adhere better to my scar, somehow, it makes applying my Aqua Brow a little harder to apply anywhere else. It's like it sheers it out & I have to go over with more of my Aqua Brow several times to make it even. Perhaps it's the type of brow filler I'm using that doesn't agree with it, I'm sure it works better if you use powder products on your brows. A pro of it though, is that it doesn't feel super thick or waxy when it's on, it's pretty light, no noticeable residue. I also like that it's in a pencil form, it's very quick & easy to use. Overall, this is an okay product & I'll continue to use it but I feel like a brow gel would be more effective for me in terms of keeping my brow hairs in check.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pricey little wax pencil at almost $9. It is clear so it does not show up on your skin and does not cake up your brows, but it does keep them in place. I have some unruly eyebrows and no matter what I do they seem to stick up and go whichever direction they choose and I have been simply trimming them short to keep them tame. That doesn't work too well though as I end up with thin sparse brows and is not a desirable look either. I found this little wax pencil at Target and thought, why not give it a try? I can always return it if it doesn't work for me. I am used to using brow gels and mascara like brow fixes and other products and none of them really work or they leave horrid clumps in my brows. I tried this out and it felt a bit odd having my brows plastered down to my skin but with several strokes I was able to even get the most cantankerous stray brow hairs to line up with the rest of the group in order. It felt a little weird at first as my brows felt heavy with the product holding them in place. Now that I am used to it, the feeling doesn't bother me. Oh yes, this stuff really works! This is enriched with vitamin E too. I am really loving this wax eyebrow shaper. I sure wish this came in colors so I could fill in my brows at the same time. Other than that, this is a fabulous product and it does what it claims to do. I'm happy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by looksbylatrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The way it's packaged they could fit 2 pencils in 1 pack. But overall I love this item! It tames my hairs all day long. It's also great for using powder to fill in your brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ficklepickle

My eyebrows love this magic pencil. I have pretty thick unruly eyebrows, but this pencil does a good job taming them. I find pencil-form very convenient to use, as all I have to do is glide it over my eyebrows and they are set. The only problem, is that you have to sharpen it every once in a while and you must have a sharpener with a large hole. Overall, it is a great product and I would recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a long time, so why am I just now writing a review on it, lol? I have the world's curliest brow hairs. Regular clear brow gel just doesn't do the job on its on for me. I originally purchased this at Ulta when I was getting into NYX, and figured I'd give it a try. It keeps my brow hairs in place all day. I actually apply a little to my brows before I apply any other product, use my Mac eyeshadow in Espresso and a angled brush to fill them in, and once I'm done, I put a little clear brow gel on top. Works for me. The only real con for me is that I wish it came in a twist up tube as opposed to continuously sharpening. Other than that, I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do you have full eye brows? Unruly brows? Have you given up on clear brow gel/mascara cause it gets nasty? Do your dark brows annoy you when powder and foundation need to be cleaned off them? Well then baby, pucker up and get ready to meet your H to the G brow product.

PROS:
- holds brows in place ALL DAY - even in July in 100 heat
- not overly waxy, it's really a perfect consistency
- gives brows a nice, subtle sheen
- leaves black brows black
- looks natural (is super guy friendly too)
- easy to sharpen
- does not get gross or gunky (looking at you clear brow gel)
- price is right
CONS:
- would prefer a twist up to pencil I need to sharpen
- while easy to sharpen, prepare to swab your sharpener afterwards of the wax

I don't powder or fill in my brows, and am lucky enough to have a natural arch, but I do need shaping help and this is amazing. I run the pencil over my brows, then use a spooly to get them into my perfect shape. It's awesome.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this eyebrow shaper especially when I want a natural look or am training my eyebrows to be a certain way. It's not super waxy, it sharpens easily I use my grindhouse sharpener. It also works great with my NYX brow powder. I don't use many NYX products but this is a very good one. It makes them look natural not like you're trying to hard. It's great on my minimal makeup day's when I only use some BB Cream,concealer, and mascara this is perfect to make my brows look neat and put together.

I think this is a great alternative and cheaper than others. Like I use Anastasia clear brow mascara and they are so stiff from that. I use that on day's where I need longevity. I feel the same though with the NYX pencil because it leaves your brows softer than the AOBH. I really like this product and will repurchase when I run out. It lasts forever though so I won't need one for a while. Great brow product. Highly Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had been using elf's eyebrow gel and up until I used this, I thought it was sufficient. I was wrong. So wrong. I am in love with this stuff. My girlfriend introduced this to me at my wedding. She was shaping my brows and then pulled out this little pink gem. It did wonders! Not only did it hold my brows in place until I removed all my makeup 10 hours later, it also helped define them as well as remove the excess foundation that was on them, thus making my brows more bold. The product is a wax but it's not heavy. It's light and goes on smooth. You cannot tell it's there. I was really impressed. I am going to Ulta this weekend to purchase it. I can see myself using this daily as my brows can get a little unruly.