Cover FX Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Kaolin, Lauroyl Lysine, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytospingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288).

on 2/15/2015 1:50:00 PM

I've been reading makeup reviews FOREVER, however never wrote one until now. This powder is AMAZING, it's my HG foundation. I was hooked on the MakeupForever Duo Matt pressed powder foundation for years. However, i was suffering from breakouts around my chin (which i assumed were hormonal) as i was using this powder, and since i switched to the cover FX, my skin has done a complete 360 and is COMPLETELY ACNE FREE. The ingredients in this powder are great for sensitive skin and i believe some ingredients are derivatives of coconut oil. Please do yourself a favour and JUST TRY IT! I have never been so excited and impressed with a makeup product in my entire life, and experience working in the cosmetic industry. It does not contain the Inflammatory Five: gluten, mineral oil, fragrance, parabens or talc. Please try this people!

on 3/29/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This wasn't terrible, but it's a bit chalky and provides very light coverage on me, not full coverage as advertised. I also find that it cakes on my oil skin mid-day. Won't repurchase.

on 2/2/2014 2:14:00 PM

Expensive, cakey, and settles into fine lines.

on 11/9/2013 5:21:00 PM

The coverage was great and looked pretty good. Sometimes it settles in the pores but it's a powder so it's to be expected.
It blends well with the coverFx liquid foundation brush.

However, I had to return it because it broke me out in the chin area. I also got a pimple on an area that I never have pimples (cheek).

I would recommend it to a friend who is not irritated by the formula.

The search continues for my sensitive troubled skin.

on 5/2/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a review for the Cover Fx pressed mineral foundation. BEWARE if you are acne prone, the SECOND ingredient is "Ethylhexyl Palmitate" a comedogenic ingredient. I break out everysingle time I use this to my annoyance. Otherwise a very beautiful powder, cover fx HAD to put a comedogenc ingredient in a foundation for sensitive skin. Shame

on 4/26/2013 11:38:00 AM

I bought this on a recommendation from a Sephora sales associate. She knew I was looking for something good for my skin and to cover up the acne/scars I have around my chin/jaw line area (hormones-_-). I think this product would be better for me in the summer though. I have eczema which mainly is bad in the winter and my skin gets dry patches and this makes any dry patch stand out terribly. I kind of feel like it also seemed to be cakey in areas where I was broken out, even though I blended it really well using a mineral powder brush. I have a little bit left so once it's warmer I will try it again, however, it's too expensive and I probably wont even use it so much in the summer so I doubt I would buy it again.

on 2/19/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I sometimes end up with dry skin on my forehead, around my nose and my chin, however, this product works when that happens. It is easy to apply on to the entire face. I do not need to use any concealers because this powder covers up a large portion of my imperfections (I have a few acne scars on my cheeks). I'm pretty much happy with the end result when I apply this all over my face and along my jawline. It lasts all day for me.

There are two things I have a problem with this product. First, after an hour or two, this powder oxidizes on my face. I use E40 shade (very close match to my skin colour) and it turns darker and slightly pink like it was a completely different shade.
Second, it's too expensive...

on 2/17/2013 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best mineral foundation hands down. I have tried nearly every other one BE, laura mercer, every day minerals, about 3 other brans i dont remember from oniine AND every department store minera/powderl foundation.

This one trumps them all in every way.
Staying power great on my oily skin when i set it with mac blot.
Coverage is full with out being cakey and obvious
no shimmer
no bismuth
i have very reactive skin and almost every product breaks me out this one does NOT do that! i have no break outs or clogged pores from this.

i never wrote a review before and i hope this one is helpful but i think the most helpful thing i can say is JUST TRY THIS if you are in need of a full coverage powder foundation and your skin is acne prone. like i mentioned it lasts much longer when set with mac blot or something similar

on 1/5/2013 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

great color selection and coverage but it broke me out terribly and did not control oil at all. very disappointed from a skin friendly brand.

on 12/9/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is a great mineral powder foundation. It goes on smooth and covers all of my blemishes and acne scars. It doesn't feel heavy or look cakey. I would say it lasts about 6 hours or so before I need to do a touch up, which is easy and fast to do with this product. I would say that if you do touch your face a lot (which you shouldn't) a setting spray wouldn't be a bad idea. It really feels like im not wearing anything at all, and it doesn't irritate my skin either. If your wondering my color match is N10.
Edit: I stopped using this after awhile because I noticed it seemed to rub off more than I thought. It wasn't that I kep touching my face, more when I hugged someone it would transfer onto their clothes.. :(