August 30, 2014 | 1063 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Powder FX Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This wasn't terrible, but it's a bit chalky and provides very light coverage on me, not full coverage as advertised. Probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by maddymaddie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive, cakey, and settles into fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

The coverage was great and looked pretty good. Sometimes it settles in the pores but it's a powder so it's to be expected.
It blends well with the coverFx liquid foundation brush.

However, I had to return it because it broke me out in the chin area. I also got a pimple on an area that I never have pimples (cheek).

I would recommend it to a friend who is not irritated by the formula.

The search continues for my sensitive troubled skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Cover Fx pressed mineral foundation. BEWARE if you are acne prone, the SECOND ingredient is "Ethylhexyl Palmitate" a comedogenic ingredient. I break out everysingle time I use this to my annoyance. Otherwise a very beautiful powder, cover fx HAD to put a comedogenc ingredient in a foundation for sensitive skin. Shame

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Noelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a recommendation from a Sephora sales associate. She knew I was looking for something good for my skin and to cover up the acne/scars I have around my chin/jaw line area (hormones-_-). I think this product would be better for me in the summer though. I have eczema which mainly is bad in the winter and my skin gets dry patches and this makes any dry patch stand out terribly. I kind of feel like it also seemed to be cakey in areas where I was broken out, even though I blended it really well using a mineral powder brush. I have a little bit left so once it's warmer I will try it again, however, it's too expensive and I probably wont even use it so much in the summer so I doubt I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sometimes end up with dry skin on my forehead, around my nose and my chin, however, this product works when that happens. It is easy to apply on to the entire face. I do not need to use any concealers because this powder covers up a large portion of my imperfections (I have a few acne scars on my cheeks). I'm pretty much happy with the end result when I apply this all over my face and along my jawline. It lasts all day for me.

There are two things I have a problem with this product. First, after an hour or two, this powder oxidizes on my face. I use E40 shade (very close match to my skin colour) and it turns darker and slightly pink like it was a completely different shade.
Second, it's too expensive...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by caitydidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best mineral foundation hands down. I have tried nearly every other one BE, laura mercer, every day minerals, about 3 other brans i dont remember from oniine AND every department store minera/powderl foundation.

This one trumps them all in every way.
Staying power great on my oily skin when i set it with mac blot.
Coverage is full with out being cakey and obvious
no shimmer
no bismuth
i have very reactive skin and almost every product breaks me out this one does NOT do that! i have no break outs or clogged pores from this.

i never wrote a review before and i hope this one is helpful but i think the most helpful thing i can say is JUST TRY THIS if you are in need of a full coverage powder foundation and your skin is acne prone. like i mentioned it lasts much longer when set with mac blot or something similar

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great color selection and coverage but it broke me out terribly and did not control oil at all. very disappointed from a skin friendly brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jenrae24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mineral powder foundation. It goes on smooth and covers all of my blemishes and acne scars. It doesn't feel heavy or look cakey. I would say it lasts about 6 hours or so before I need to do a touch up, which is easy and fast to do with this product. I would say that if you do touch your face a lot (which you shouldn't) a setting spray wouldn't be a bad idea. It really feels like im not wearing anything at all, and it doesn't irritate my skin either. If your wondering my color match is N10.
Edit: I stopped using this after awhile because I noticed it seemed to rub off more than I thought. It wasn't that I kep touching my face, more when I hugged someone it would transfer onto their clothes.. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Marascom1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love love love this product....until they changed it. Why do cosmetic companies hook you with a great product, then change it. They even changed the color palett so you don't know your color anymore. The sales associate matched one for me only to find it was too dark and I had to return it. The coverage is not nearly as good and I've used the new one in half the time because you need to apply more.
Get the good stuff back!!!!
Martha / New Orleans