April 21, 2014 | 1498 users online

Treatments - DERMAdoctor - Litmus Test Glycolic Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by ayoung0563

I received a sample of this and it absolutely changed my face, no more acne in just 1 sample. My skin no longer looked like an oil slick by noon as well! Love this stuff just wish it wasn't so expensive! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I have been using this in conjunction to the cleansing gel and toner and this 3-step ritual has brought about some amazing results in a short amount of time.

I have always had acne prone skin and only wish that this product had been around 10 years ago when I suffered from hormonal cystic acne associated with my cycle. I decided to purchase this skin care regiment after using Wrinkle Revenge 1 (love it) and doing more research on the brand. I read how this line was good for oil control, clearing acne prone skin and early signs of aging due to the exfoliating properties and promotion of cellular turnover.

I have been using the entire 3-step process 2x daily for a week and the results are AMAZING! My pores have all but disappeared and aside from a couple stubborn (and healing) blemishes on my chin, my skin is nearly flawless. I feel confident that when my chin clears up I will be able to go out in public without foundation, that will be something that hasn't happened in a long time!

I do plan on reducing the use of the entire line to 1x daily after the new year, just so I don't dry out my skin during these winter months. Can't wait to see how well this controls oil this summer when life in the humid Gulf Coast is unbearable and my skin produces oil like an off-shore rig.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by 1800inbloom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here's my story on Litmus Test and (unfortunately) I'm not sticking with it!

I bought this product at Ulta after getting a sample of it with another purchase. I used the sample 2x daily for about a week and couldn't believe that I actually saw some improvements; like a softening of the lines in between my eyes, nasolabial folds and marionette lines. That was all the inspiration I needed to make the purchase, which I did the minute I finished the sample.

In my haste I neglected to check the ingredient list; something I always do. When I got home I looked and much to my dismay I saw one paraben after another. Ugh! I could have returned it but decided it was too much trouble and used it 2x almost daily for the next three months.

Bottom line: less lines overall but at a cost that's too great for me, not in dollars but in dangers. I simply don't want parabens near my skin and have gone to great lengths to avoid them everywhere. Thus, I just purchased Tarte Maracuja oil and am hoping for much the same improvements without all the toxic chemicals.

If, however, you aren't concerned with parabens then you won't be disappointed with Litmus Test. It's a fine product, which is why I gave it a "4." I just can't 'high-5' it considering the chemicals that make up its composition.

BTW, if you're interested in learning more about the ingredients that are used in your choice of skin care and makeup products I strongly recommend you go to: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/browse/anti-aging/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by tanner36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this moisturizer! This is my answer to keep my skin pimple free and fresh!

Results...soft, plump, dewy pretty skin which is prepped for your make up. Big thumbs up!!!! I DO have sensitive skin and I DO feel a slight tingle but it's a 'tingle so good-dissolving dead skin-tingle'. Greatness!!!!

I was at Ulta picking up my fav POP mascara and the POP rep asked what I use on my skin. I showed her the Litmus and she bought the last bottle. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by RestlessAntics

I love love love love this moisturizer. Keeps my flaky skin away, evens out my skin tone and keeps my skin really hydrated without clogging pores. It's pricey but a little goes a long way. I love how it exfoliates with glycolic acid so it exfoliates my skin without scrubbing. I had huge problems before with dry spots where I would exfoliate with a scrub and it just led to more dryness.

I only use this once a day (my night time routine) during the weekdays so I don't over-exfoliate my skin and to decrease sun exposure during use (I tend to be out in the sun more during weekends). Make sure to wear sunscreen during the day if you use this! Overall, this product has really made a great and wonderful change to my skin! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Over a year ago, when I discovered Dermadoctor, my skin was driving me nuts - melasma, aging, uneven tone, dull...I started using Wrinkle Revenge 3, then 2, plus Poetry In Lotion every night, with Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm and my skin has never been better...until...I got a sample of Litmus Test. I applied the sample at night, before bed, as an alternate to PiL. When I woke up and passed my mirror, I actually did a double-take. My face was radiant, with no sallowness, and the skin around my eyes wasn't puffy or darkened! My skin felt as soft as my three year old daughter's skin. Now, this is my every other day alternate with PiL, or I use it beneath my sunscreen for all day treatment. I've noticed that this affects my pores in a good way, in addition to smoothing and brightening my skin. My pores seem less prominent, and they stay clear, not bumpy. Highly, highly recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No