April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverSleek Intense Smoothing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 4lafleur

My hair is ombre'd and so the ends of my hair are super dry, brittle and feels like a stay of hay.
After using this shampoo my hair feels very smooth and silky. There is absolutely no frizz in combination with the conditioner. I usually have to use this twice when I shower because of all the product in my hair. After that, my hair feels very clean and looks shiny. I love that it's SLS free because I am allergic and they dont test on animals with this line of haircare. I would definitely purchase again.

Only thing though is that the formula is very runny and so the product comes out of the packaging almost like water...no big deal for me though since the formula works wonderfully on my thick Asian hair :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by dollienanayolim

This shampoo is very moisturising to my hair! The texture is thick and it is creamy. It foams up quite a lot but the suds are smooth and makes my bdry hair feel so nourished. My hair is overprocessed and hence, the hair ends are dry and frizzy. I have no problem controlling frizz with this shampoo! I mix and match this shampoo with a keratin conditioner and it works great! Will be trying their conditioner from the eversleek line soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Lizzifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because of what it promised and the smell, which I LOVE, but find that it really weighs my hair down and on many occasions even after intense rinsing I'm still left with a patch of un-rinsed shampoo somewhere on my head that looks greasy and feels disgusting. The smell stays in your hair which I love, and the conditioner is wionderful, but the shampoo, not so much. I think the problem lies with the formula being so thick; either that or I have no idea how to properly rub shampoo into my hair (which is possible).

I don't find that my hair is any more sleek than usual after using this product, and if it is it's because of the weight of the formula's residue on my hair. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I definitely don't use it every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sweetleila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

The worst "shampoo" I have ever used!!! Hair greasy the next day (I have dry hair). Does not lather AT ALL like the other sulfate-free Loreal shampoos. Called Loreal to check if it was a faulty lot- conditioner instead of shampoo, very rude customer service, told it doesn't lather as sulfate free, even though directions on bottle say "masage into a thick lather". Still not sure if it was faulty, told to take it back to the store and have them check. Definitely will not buy again. RUBBISH!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

This is okay, but for me it doesn't smooth my hair or control frizz. It lathers quite well and cleans my hair, but it didn't do much else and I wanted to see some results from some of the anti frizz claims.

UPDATE:
This is worse than I thought. I realised it was making my hair greasy, almost leaving a residue after I use it. Gross! Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This shampoo sucks.. And i'm not really easy to disappoint.
My hair is thick, wavy-ish and naturally dry (and damaged).

I thought this shampoo would be perf and I bought the conditioner too. The conditioner is okay (but weird in consistensy), but this shampoo is sooo bad. It leaves my hair dry, but greasy at the same time. It doesn't lather no matter what, and it leaves my scalp fealing sticky!!! I like the no sulphate consept, but it just doesn't work here.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by KittyGro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because the humidity made me hair so frizzy and thick, the first few times it felt like my hair wasn't clean because it was such a change from my thick unmanageable hair, i carried on using it and now i love it!! Have been using it for a month now and my hair so soft and shiny and keeps it so straight! I really recommend this shampoo if your hair is prone to getting tangled and frizzy :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by katesy82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for a few months and I really like it a lot. I have semi wavy hair that's very prone to frizz so I wanted to try going sulfate and silicone free to see if it helped. This shampoo leaves my hair very, very soft and does cut down on a lot of the frizz. Just a small amount lathers up very nicely. The only thing I don't care for is the smell, but a conditioner that smells nice seems to do a pretty good job of leaving my hair smelling good. I recommend this if you want a good sulfate and silicone free shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Fullon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After trying many anti-frizz products, THIS IS IT!!!!

I have long, thick hair, prone to frizz.

This leaves my hair ultra soft, smooth and shiny. Can't believe my dream hair!

This lathers as much as Pantene and other regular shampoos! Smells great.

Best. Shampoo. Ever.

(The conditioner is not as great. Use John Frieda frizz-ease conditioner with this and you'll love the results.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by naswimbtch214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First off, if you're going to take points off because it doesn't lather well, you don't understand what sulfate-free shampoos do.

Other shampoos lather and get really bubbly to make you THINK you're getting a better clean. They add sulfates to do this, and sulfates are bad for your hair. This product, like other sulfate-free shampoos, does not lather as well but you are still getting the same quality cleansing. Don't use more just to get a "good lather" and then complain that you're running out. Trust me, just use a normal amount and don't worry about the lather. I promise your hair will be just as clean when you rinse and dry.

It smells awesome and my naturally frizzy, wavy hair has soft, Zooey-like waves. The conditioner is also great; it makes my hair soft but doesn't give me greasies by day two, which is good because I don't like to wash my hair every day -- that's as bad for it as sulfates!

My only complaint is the gravity-feed bottle. I hate bottles like this. I prefer pumps or spouts.

I personally don't use the whole EverSleek system, just the shampoo and conditioner. I stick to argan oil on the bottom two inches of my hair for after-shower hair treatment.

EDIT: I also want to add that if your hair still feels dirty or oily after shampooing, check the products that you've used previously for silicones (Aussie 3-Minute Miracle, Moroccanoil products, etc). Sulfates are the only thing that can wash out siliciones completely, so you may need to shampoo with a sulfate shampoo and then start using the EverSleek.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No