July 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Candles - Bath and Body Works - Twisted Peppermint

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by MichelleAmanda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this scent it's fresh and a very Christmasy scent that isn't overpowering.I will agree with another poster that once blown out, this scent doesn't linger, but hey I have bath and body plug ins with staying scent power

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Mominart

So I got this candle after eyeing it for ages. The scent was a perfect balance between peppermint & a little bit of vanilla. I loved it. During the first burn the candle started smelling a bit like burnt wax mixed with peppermint.That was alright as the smell of burnt wax was really light. When I extinguished the wicks(which were thin), they had lumps formed on the top. The next day when I ignited the wicks the lump things exploded and there were black pieces of those lumps all over the white wax, I cleaned it out & trimmed the wicks & removed the remaining lumps.
After which I reignited the wicks & I could hardly smell anything except for burnt wax. The lumps form again during every burn.The candle jar smells disgusting, just like the burning candle, which smells worse.
I just hate it.
I am highly disappointed by the performance of this candle. I would never ever even reconsider buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this was ok. My nose detected a vanilla/ peppermint hybrid, though I thought it could be heavier on the peppermint. I bought the small candle size and was surprised how strong the aroma was when I used it.The scent lingered well for a couple of hours which was nice. I prefer other scents to this, but this is good to burn during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really don't understand any negative reviews on this product because this is my absolute favorite candle of all time. I LOVE peppermint flavoured or scented anything and when I smelled this I instantly fell in love. I bought it just before Christmas and its gone already - now I'm kicking myself for not getting a backup. I have NEVER smelled a candle so close to the scent of the real thing. Those who say it smells like anything else other than pure peppermint must have a faulty product because I cannot believe how real this smells - when its just sitting there and when its being burned. The scent spreads nicely and lingers in my place for hours afterward - anyone who walked into my house said "I smell candy canes"! Its embarrassing how much time I spent just sitting with the unlit candle to my nose enjoying the scent of it. I'm obsessed with this and if I could give it a million lipsticks I gladly would. Got this on a 2/$20 deal so its well worth the $10 in my opinion! I had no trouble with the wicks and it burned evenly right to the bottom. This better come back out next Christmas because I'll be buying a supply of these to last me all year round!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I bought this on sale for $6 during an after-Christmas sale. I've never been a fan of the Twisted Peppermint lotions, sprays, shower gels, etc. but I thought it would be a nice home fragrance. The scent isn't too complex...vanilla and peppermint, not much else. It's a nice sweet, cozy smell that's especially nice for the colder months.
While the scent is nice, this doesn't have the throw that most Bath and Body Works candles do. B&BW and Yankee candles can literally smell up my entire (small) apartment, but this doesn't throw much further than the room it's burning in. Even sitting right next to this, the scent is very soft. I know I got this for sale, but for $20 full-price, I want a strong smell that will linger. I've gotten compliments on how nice my room smells, but only while this is burning. Once you blow it out, the scent is gone.
Overall, not my favorite Bath and Body Works candle. I've had a better throw from their itty-bitty sampler candles in other scents. I'll definitely continue to buy more candles from them, but next holiday season I won't be going for this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

These have the sharpest, most foul scent when burnt, but if melted or simply smelled, it is fine... It's unfortunate that it's not the same when actually a burning candle! :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really loved this scent when I first got it. It was a nice cool peppermint fragrance, but it soon became overpowering. I also had a problem with the wax changing to a yellow color and not it almost has a smoky scent that is not appealing with the peppermint. I have used about 1/2 of it, but I'm not sure I can handle burning the rest as the scent now makes me nauseous unfortunately :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Ashnkb8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite candle scents. I generally only use BBw candles . I go stock up when they are 2 for 20. I never have had any issues with wicks not burning properly. I just make sure before I light candle I trim off top of wick because they sometimes get a large top on them that when yo light makes it pop and makes black mess go all over. Anyway I think the scent is great clean pepper mint and not too much

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first candle purchase from BBW. I didn't have the drowning wicks problem but the wax turned yellow after it melted. It stayed yellowish even after it cooled off. The smell isn't very potent, I can hardly smell the peppermint it just smells like candle wax to me. But Twisted Peppermint not being potent is a problem ive had with all the twisted peppermint home fragrances. Im sure a different scented candle would smell better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by moshka

I bought this candle on 11-3-11 This candle is amazing, it scents my whole apartment, smells very very good!!! I will buy more. I get headaches from many candles and this one doesn't induce headache for me.