October 23, 2014 | 1101 users online

Treatments - Revlon - Crazy Shine nail buffer

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

After using this buffer, your nails will look very shiny. It will look as if you are wearing a clear coat, but it's just a buffer! Though not very expensive and pleasing to the eye, I think this buffer should last longer. The buffing side is worn very quickly, so perhaps if you find a way better shiny buffer, let us all know. But for now, this buffer is my best bet for major shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by beatricerex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only wear polish for special occasions but still like for my nails to look well-groomed. This buffer is fast and effective and very easy to use -- a few swipes while I'm watching TV and my nails are smooth and shiny. Almost looks like I'm wearing clear polish!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Simple and easy to use, only two steps (buff and shine) and my nails look healthy, shiny, and glossy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shape is awkward to use, especially for the white part for shine. The product doesn't deliver what it advertises which is 400% more shine. It gives me the same shine as any other buffer. Based on that, would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by k8rush

This by far the best nail buffer I have ever had. I've bought so many of those buffer blocks in an attempt to keep my nails nice and neat but after step 2 I'm totally over it. I like that it's only 2 steps and it quick. I personally like the teardrop shape, the pointed end is great for getting the sides of my nails and the shape is wider than a typical buffer block so it's really quick to buff and shine my nails. As for how shiny this nail buff makes your nails, I had a manicure done a few days after I buffed my nails and the manicurist started putting nail polish remover on my nails because she thought I had a clear coat on. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is a fantastic buffer - shaped to get into the fine points/corners of the nail bed - and the best bit is you can use it to revive the lusture of your dull polish! A great wee buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by dobra97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

It makes my nails super shiny and it's a reasonable price too! Love this unique shape

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Lovespice

The shine this thing gives you is crazy! Gives your nails a good buffing with a great shine. I would highly recommend this product. It's very affordable (Only $2/$3 on average here in Canada, at a local Walmart) and it lasts for a very long time. I bought another one of these a year ago and I still have it. It has some damage, but it is still very usable.

Don't buff your nails too much with this though, or your nails will end up super thin. I'd suggest only using this twice a month or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by kjaydeck3

I have mixed feelings about this product.

I absolutely love the final result, which for me is super shiny nails. I often find myself grabbing another when I think "Gee I need to do a good buffing!" And I think that is where the mixed feelings begin. I usually pick these up for around $4, which overall isn't too much cash, but they start to show signs of wear immediately after the first use. The shape of the full sized Crazy Shine is a bit awkward, the edges are the natural part to try and use, but that still leaves a lot of untouched real estate in the center of it. The center isn't impossible to use, though.

So, overall, the experience is a little more awkward than it should have to be, and they wear out quickly (I imagine some people might have to work harder for a shine, so this could be a bigger factor for some), BUT these are still the best buff/shine experience I have had with a tool, so I will continue to purchase and use them.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Edit- after using this for awhile, my nails seem to be a bit damaged and weakened. As the finish wears off, they are left with strange worn spots. Don't think I'll continue to use- at least it wasn't expensive.

I bought this on a whim to clean up my nails after removing a shellac manicure. It was cheap, and works really well. The shine on my nails lasts for days and I only need to lightly touch up. It also does an amazing job of smoothing off nail tips after I file and shape- smooth as silk and zero snagging. Does not appear to remove too much nail surface- very little dust and it's easier for me to use than the stick type. As for the shape and not being able to use the center when the edges wear out, I'll just trim it with a serrated knife to expose a new edge.