December 20, 2014 | 1754 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Denman - Classic Styling Brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by danibx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After discovering the Denman hairbrush range (through hairdressing) i will never use any other brand of hairbrush! love the whole range of denman brushes, each perfect to create a certain style or look.
there is a huge variety of Denman Brushes and once you know the appropriate times to use each one - fantastic!
A hairbrush for every style you're wanting to create.
Definitely worth paying a little extra for a fantastic long lasting hair brush which you can rely on to do its job.
loveee love loveee x

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by 1lilelf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never written a review for hair...well...hair ANYTHING here before, but I just had to share my feelings and user experience on this, as it is a HG for me ( and I don't have many of those at all).
I ADORE THIS BRUSH!!! No, seriously, I really do. My dad used to use these on my fine, blonde hair when I was little, and for years I missed the massaging action of the bristles and how easily it glided through my very tangle-prone hair. So I recently purchased my own at Sally's for $10. So worth it. Oh, it is so good. Detangles like a dream, even when my hair is a rats nest after washing with my shampoo bar ( I don't usually use condition since I made the switch to Shampoo Bars), and that is seriously saying something. One word of caution though ( and a main reason I wrote this review): BE CAREFUL USING THIS TO COMB THROUGH OILS. It does a fabulous job of this, of course, but..... THE OILS WILL CAUSE THE RUBBER PAD TO BREAK DOWN FAR MORE QUICKLY THAN NORMAL. My rubber pad became sticky, which is the first sign of breakdown ( ever stretch a rubber band that has become sticky?? Yah, not good) so just be wary. All in all, this doesn't affect my rating, as this is just the most awesome brush of this type ever and since the oil thing should be a given, as the base is real rubber and real rubber breaks down in the presence of oils. ENJOY!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to buy those hard plastic vent brushes that are so ubiquitous but they were so hard to clean with the ball tips holding onto the lint, I'd just toss them out. This brush is so easy to clean, and it doesn't scratch my scalp even though it has no ball tips on the bristles. It'll last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by emily897

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought the "Large Styling Brush" (D4 Professional) today from Sallys for ~12$. I have long fine wavy hair that tangles very easily and was looking for a brush that wouldn't snag. I found this one and honestly the selling point for me was that it is made in the UK as opposed to China. It has a rubber pad and black plastic bristles, without nibs on the ends-I don't see how your hair could get caught in this thing, it's smooth (no ridges or sharp plastic edges anywhere). It makes my hair nice and soft. The package claims it is "anti-static" and I have not noticed any since using, however this was never a major issue for me. Would recommend for the price, I am happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have the D4 Denman brush. Bought it 10 years ago, still looks and works perfectly! I even use it when blowdrying my hair! It is a basic brush imho, but one of very good quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this brush.

Yes, it does pull hair--but the curl payoff is great and there are many ways to modify it.

The pros outweigh the cons--get it if you want a long lasting brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best. Brush. Ever. I have kinky-curly hair, so naturally I avoid brushes like the plague and stick with wide toothed combs. Unfortunately, the longer my hair got the more difficult it became to get all the shed hairs out of my hair after detangling, even with insane amounts of conditioner and water. By the time my hair hit my bra strap I knew I'd need something else to detangle with.

Enter the denman brush. I'm not sure which version I got, but it's the one with nine rows (or maybe it has seven...?!). I use it in the shower after detangling with my comb to get the rest of my shed hairs out and it leaves my hair knot, tangle, and shed-hair free! On top of that it clumps my curls together so beautifully, it's like a dream (but it also causes my hair to shrink from below my armpits to my chin, so...) and helps my hair absorb my conditioners better, AND makes my conditioner lather up as well, so it's like I'm cowashing/deep conditioning my hair after shampooing. I'm so glad I bought it, and I plan on using denman brushes for as long as my hair will permit me to. :)

Also, I got mine from Sally's for about $9.00, maybe a little less (my Beauty Supply card gave me a discount). So it's a worthwhile investment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I have a mini version of this and the large one. It's the ONLY brush I can use on my hair with confidence. My hair is low maintenance. Shoulder length, I don't straighten it unless for a day/ night out, so it just goes up into a ponytail with a quiff! This brush doesn't snag, pull or rip my hair, it just brushes through with ease and is soft on the scalp. If I ever lose it ill buy another, as I just love these brushes. There is Jo need for cheapy hair brushes, they just snag and rip your hair. Invest 8 in one of these and your hair will love you for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by namil

Purchased the Denman paddle brush (online through killerstrands) for straightening hair and love it. I purchased a lot of products online and for the first time, today I had to file a fraud report with UPS regarding extendedlengths.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently purchased one of Denman's Classic Styling Brushes (either the Large or the Heavyweight... I'm not sure which, but it has 9 rows) at Sally Beauty Supply. It's a really different brush. The bristles are hard plastic without the little nubbies on the end that most brushes have, and they're held in place by a large rubber pad that slides off and unfolds to remove the rows of bristles and clean it thoroughly. The rubber pad also serves as a smoothing/anti-static base for the bristles. I like that the brush comes apart for cleaning and the rubber does seem to help with static and smoothing my hair when styling, but it also makes the brush very top-heavy. If I have too light of a light grip on it during styling, it keeps flipping over (rubber-side-down) due to the heaviness of the rubber. The rubber piece also occassionally starts sliding off of the handle during styling so I have to push it back on. But even with those two minor complaints, I love the brush overall. I think the weight of it will just take some getting used to, and the rubber part doesn't slide off very often so it isn't a big deal really. I just love that it detangles so well and the bristles are closely set, which I like, especially for my bangs and for finishing a style. I also like that it can be cleaned thoroughly and I've heard people say that it's not uncommon for one of these brushes to last 10-20 years before the rubber eventually dries out and the brush has to be replaced. I think that's awesome because a hairbrush usually lasts me only maybe a year before I end up throwing it out because it can't be cleaned properly and the bristles are starting to bend. This brush wasn't expensive either (around $12, if I recall), so I will be highly impressed if it lasts me even 5+ years!