April 21, 2014 | 1521 users online

Blush - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Colour me "disappointed". I was so looking forward to using this blush. I've had my eye on it for a long time and when I saw it on sale recently at a really good price, I jumped at it. Sadly, it's not the "Happy Boosting" experience I was hoping for. Like the previous reviewer, I find this blush poorly pigmented, which surprised me as it looks quite vibrant in the pan and it is "rose" and I'm quite pale so most blushes show up on me quite well without much effort (in fact, I usually have to be careful to use a really light hand).

Certainly the colour can be built up but I find it goes from "nothing" to "too much" quite quickly and I have to be very careful to watch for the "just right" stage. Also, while it's possible in theory, I guess, to make a point of using the more pigmented hearts for more colour, in reality, this isn't very practical unless you have a really teeny, tiny blush brush and even then, trying to do this quickly and if you're in a bit of a rush is just annoying. Even if you do manage to get the "right" colour intensity, I find this blush fades quickly and this is the first blush I've ever encountered that does this.

Packaging is cheap feeling and overly cumbersome (to house a brush that I doubt most people would use unless they were really in a bind). I don't detect ANY scent at all and certainly not a mood-altering/joy inducing one! Seems to me to be a really questionable claim and I'm surprised the company is able to make this claim.

All in all, a disappointment. It looks so pretty and cheery but doesn't really deliver and I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by NaomiALopez

It is faint so you have to build up the colour. I didn't detect any scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kaitsy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Had been wanting to try this out for awhile...Have been using a cover girl blush that I like well enough, but wanted a more glow-y and pink colour. Picked this up for $20.00 at a drug store - yikes - although I am aware Physicians formula is pricey and doesn't always work out. The best luck I've had with PF is their shimmer stripes - The most pigment and nicest colours. I've used blush from them before and wasn't impressed, as well as the bronzing beads which I did like.

Anyway, I was expecting more from this blush. I find the different coloured hearts in the pan are nice and I really like the colours, but once using my brush on them and applying it looks kind of...splotchy. I've tried to pick up just one of the darker or lighter colours on the hearts but same result. It has a good pigment, which is nice, but I can't seem to get an even application of it so far. And then after evening it out I've applied it to too much of my cheek and don't really like the look, even if I like the colour (finally). I'm going to try a couple of different brushes in it, but so far I haven't had luck and it is not something you can quickly apply, definitely takes time to make sure the colour is even. Too much bother for the price, in my opinion!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is such a cute blush! The little hearts drew me in and I had to buy it. The color is beautiful- quite pigmented but not so much that it looks harsh on your face. It's the prettiest bubble gum pink blush i own. I like that the packaging has a built in mirror. The brush that's included is crappy. Be aware that this blush has a small amount of shimmer though, although it's not too noticeable once on the face. The rosy smell is an added bonus!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cheap is the first word that came in to mind!Cheap looking,cheap quality blush and cheap packaging.

I love the way this blush looked in pictures but these pictures where all very deceiving.!It's a very small and easy to break "box with a mirror and a brush inside. Even with my great blush brush( real techniques) it is very hard to get some on the brush let alone on my cheecks.When i finaly saw some color i was dissapointed with te result.The color lasted about 2/3 hours and then it was completely gone!I would call this "total rubbish" I do not even want to try other PF items any more because i have a feeling that they are all simular in quality.The only reasonable item is the eye shadow quad in matte from PF

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have this blush in the color "pink". This blush gives your skin a nice healthy flush. it's quite sheer so if you really want this blush to show up, you need to apply with a dense bristled brush. It comes with a mirror and brush in the compact, but it looked pretty flimsy so i just tossed it out. The color is a nice cool pink. There are different shades of cool toned pinks in the compact with a heart pattern. I use this blush for days where I want wear very minimal makeup and not look made up but still want a bit of color to my cheeks. It leaves a nice dewy/glowy finish on the skin. I wouldn't rebuy this at regular price cuz i don't think it's worth it ($12-14CDN) but if it came as a bonus item or included some kind of bonus item, I would definitely pick it up again.

UPDATE: I really love this blush!!! Even tho it's not very pigmented, it works as a beautiful highlighter. Gives a gorgeous glow to the cheeks wo looking OTT.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:24:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

Grrrr...they got me again. Physicians Formula pigmented products just don't show up on my skin!! Every few years, one of their products looks pigmented enough, looks so cute, and I give in & buy it...plus, I heard their products are cruelty-free, they are readily available in my small town so I don't have to order online and wait, AND I read such good reviews on this product here. So I purchased this yesterday on my lunch break and used it this morning. I look like Casper the ghost, like I have nothing on at all. What I don't understand, is that I have fair to fair/medium skin (in the summer). It's been cloudy, rainy, and overcast here consistently for weeks, so right now, I am downright PALE. And it still doesn't work on me! PF products just aren't pigmented enough for me. And given their high cost for a drugstore brand, it's doubly frustrating. Hopefully, this time I have learned my lesson & never buy their blush again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Don't even bother with the silly little brush included in this compact, it doesn't pick up any of the product at all. You need to use a good quality blush brush and you'll get good colour payoff. It gives a lovely natural flush, perfect for paler skin tones, and of course the love hearts are really cute. Sure, there are lots of cheaper alternatives out there that will give the same effect, but I just had to have this for the novelty factor! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by hanali20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is nice. its a nice rosy flush when applied. but there is nothing significant about this blush. its more on the expensive side if purchased without a sale. id rather go for the nyx blushes or the milani blushes to be honest.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This blush is a pretty pink. A light dusting looks natural, but if you're too heavy handed you could end up quite clownish. It can be bright! It does have good staying power.
It does make me happy when I see the cute, pink hearts, but that's about it for the mood boosting. I suppose it does give me a cheery glow.
I don't like the included mirror and brush. They add to the cost and I never use them.
I may or may not buy it again. I'm more inclined towards subtle blushes.