October 23, 2014 | 2083 users online

Blush - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Too shimmery and I was not happy with the color. Does not blend out nicely and looks fake on the skin. The only reason I gave it 3lippies is because I like the idea of it, and I love the scent and the design.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by MakeupjunkieRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First physicians formula blush I've tried. Beautiful color and finish... Usually use when I have minimal makeup. Nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I just purchased this two days ago and i absolutely love it! I was contemplating between this and the rose, but i ended up getting this instead. I've seen multiple reviews about its horrid brush that comes with it, but i actually quite like the brush. It wasn't harsh on my skin at all and i felt that it really helped limit the amount of blush that actually went on your skin - it aided in controlling how much product. The blush lasted the whole day on me. It is buildable in terms of pigmentation. Rose, i would say is for darker and tanner skin toned individuals. I have those yellowy asian skin tones and i'm not pale either. And two swipes of this product was enough to provide a natural colour.

The only downside is probably the packaging. Its cute and everything but i dislike how the brush is placed on the bottom of the product. It makes the particles powder from the blush fall everywhere. The price is decent cause this is in Australia and as per usual, everything in Australia is more costly than it is in other countries. I would definitely repurchase this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by watsonsmummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this blush for several weeks now and I really like it. I have aging, combination, acne-prone, fair skin, NW20, Revlon Colorstay Sand Beige. If I had bought this based on the "Happy Booster" marketing I would be sorely disappointed because there is no scent whatsoever. But I'm OK with that. The product applies nicely, stays put, isn't shimmery or pore-magnifying, doesn't go orange on me, and doesn't break me out.

I'm not crazy about the packaging. The little brush is unnecessary and the compartment for it just creates extra bulk.

Overall, a really nice blush that I would re-purchase. Rite Aid has PF on sale for 40% off so it's a good time to try it. I bought the Sexy Booster bronzer tonight for $8.35.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A little pricey but the packaging is so freaking adorable that it's worth it to me. I got this in the color Pink and I think it's a wonderful frosty color for when I want to look glowy but not as if I just spent all day out in the cold. Sure it's more on the sheer side but that's where I find it's "frost" comes from. The "Mood Boosting" abilities it claims to have is just a cute gimmick. Honestly anyone who bought this product for that purpose is just ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I got this originally as a blush but it's much too shimmery as a blush, so I use it as a great highlighter. It has a nice pink tone to it and works well with my cool-toned skin. I have also used this as an eye shadow and it looks very natural.

When I use it as it is intended it comes off as very shimmery and just too light. The packaging is a bit bulky as with all PF packaging but is very cute with hearts. The colors are a mosaic pattern in hearts all around the pan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love/hate relationship with this "blush". I put that in quotation marks, because I find this isn't as much of a blush as it is a contouring powder. At least on my skin. I've never been able to build this up enough on my cheek to actually have it qualify as a blush in my humble opinion, and I have fair skin!

Physician's Formula has always come across to me as one of the most over hyped brands in the drugstore. It's all packaging. PF does a bang-up job on their packaging. It sucks you right in and won't let you go until you have spent $12 on a drugstore caliber blush.

Most of the PF products claim to have some sort of smart reflective technology where there are billions of light refracting pigments in the product that allegedly compliments any skin tone (okay, I'm being moderately sarcastic about the billions of light refracting pigments part, but the rest is totally accurate). I have yet to see this actually demonstrated in a PF product, and this Happy Booster blush is no exception. Let me break down the issues I have with this product.

Overall Rating gets three lippies. Why? Because even if on me it's useless as a blush it makes for a very nice contouring shade to create a dewy look. Other MUA members have described it as having an offensive odor. I bought mine two months ago, so I don't know if that is an older formula and they've changed it recently, but mine has no odor to it at all, so that's a plus.

Price gets three lippies, because it's really way overpriced for what you're getting. It retails for $11.99+. I think I paid $12.99 for it at Rite-Aid.

Packaging gets two lippies, because mine broke. It seems like a nice, hefty compact, but it's really not. I am very careful with my cosmetics. They are stored away in a vanity drawer. This product doesn't get used every time I wear makeup and I never take it with me in my purse, and yet the catch on the lid broke within the first month after buying it, which stinks. So now I have to be careful not to let it fall upside down in my vanity drawer, otherwise it makes a mess, because the lid just flies open. The pan is loose and freely spins every time I try and swirl my brush in the product. So that's a huge hassle. Then there is the giant mirrored compartment in the bottom with the useless brush. Physician's Formula is really good about including cute, albeit entirely impractical, pointless brushes in their products. But, you know, hearts and pink shiny compact! Those alone give this the two lippies rating, otherwise packaging would be a festival of fail with this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by msharajuku

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really does give you a healthy glow, and its so cheap that its worth the price! Only problem is the terrible bulky packaging but besides this, it has an absolutely gorgeous sheer pink natural colour every girl wants and needs in their make up collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Physicians Formula purchase, and I really was wanting a better blush than what I got. While the packaging was adorable and the product itself looked beautiful, it was far too pigmented and dark colored for my skin. I used it a few times, but each time after I applied it I had to wipe it off because it looked too dark on my paler skin. I feel that with someone a little tanner or with a darker complexion it would be a beautiful blush, but it looked almost clownish with just the lightest bit on my cheeks.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

It's not highly pigmented and it is very chunky for the amount of product that comes with it. I like the fact that it has a mirror but the brush is absolutely useless.