Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

3.9

TALC. ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH. DIMETHICONE. OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE. ASTROCARYUM MURUMURU SEED BUTTER. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. LECITHIN. PHYTOSTERYL CANOLATE. PLUKENETIA VOLUBILIS SEED OIL. RHODIOLA ROSEA ROOT EXTRACT. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT. THEOBROMA GRANDIFLORUM SEED BUTTER. SCHINUS TEREBINTHIFOLIUS SEED EXTRACT. PALM ALCOHOL. PHENOXYETHANOL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. FRAGRANCE. MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE. IRON OXIDES. MANGANESE VIOLET. MICA. RED 6. RED 7 LAKE. RED 28 LAKE. RED 30 LAKE. TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ULTRAMARINES. YELLOW 5 LAKE.

on 8/22/2015 12:43:00 PM

As far as a powder illuminator/highlighter, this could work except on me it almost appeared white. I expect this would work well on fairer skin tones than my warm light-medium skin tone.

Furthermore, over time I realised that some hearts were being picked up, and other hearts (i.e. other colours) were not being picked up by my brush at all. I tried scraping the top in case an oil layer had formed (which it didn't look like they had) but no dice. Some colours just did not pick up.

The product has a floral scent as well, which I believe is in all of the mood-boosting range. It's not offensive and fades on application, but is there for anyone who may have sensitivities.

Packaging is bulky. Pink chrome is a unique touch, although somewhat gaudy. The included brush is about as scratchy and useless as all brushes that come included, I feel (and this applies to all brands, not just in this individual case) that packaging would be lighter and slimmer if the brush wasn't included at all.

on 5/19/2015 3:08:00 PM

Love this product as a subtle highlighter! No sparkley chunks of glitter, it just puts off a very subtle glow,LOVE IT!

on 1/9/2015 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this is a great powder for summer or if you're trying to achieve a dewy look. it will set makeup without getting cakey, but it won't exactly be matte. feels nice on the skin and looks very natural.

on 1/5/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I've been using this translucent powder for three months, and it's a lovely formula overall. It is quite nicely milled, no grittiness, and I don't have any problems with kick up or anything. The one thing I don't like is that this is supposed to be translucent, but it's not - the pink heart adds a bit of color as do the very dark hearts.

The bronzers are fine for this, but this is supposed to be a TRANSLUCENT powder. If you use a fine hand, It's not a big deal, but if you put on some extra powder, then it becomes obvious there's some color.

The other thing I wish is that this wasn't so shimmery - a little less shimmer or matte would make this perfectly awesome. Oh, and that the compact wasn't hot pink. I'm not 16 anymore.

Overall, as long as you're looking for a cheaper replacement for finishing powder, and are careful with it, this is a great purchase. It isn't, IMHO, a HG item, but it's very good, especially for the price point.

on 10/6/2014 11:04:00 PM

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

on 9/13/2014 11:24:00 PM

I heard great things about this as a highlighter but to be honest it gives little to no color payoff. Pretty packaging but not effective.

on 8/27/2014 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Again I like the idea of these Happy products but the shimmer is such a turn off. Also they look very cheap on the skin. Come on PF you can do better.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As other reviewers have mentioned, this powder is way too shimmery to be used as an all over face powder. It makes for a decent highlighter. The level of "glow" that this gives is somewhere between that of the typical highlighter and MAC lightscapade.

on 2/9/2014 1:15:00 AM

Loved this...goes on smooth and lasts all day...will buy again...only dislike is the brush