August 1, 2014 | 1924 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have mentioned, this powder is way too shimmery to be used as an all over face powder. It makes for a decent highlighter. The level of "glow" that this gives is somewhere between that of the typical highlighter and MAC lightscapade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by nmills81

Loved this...goes on smooth and lasts all day...will buy again...only dislike is the brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this stuff is getting hard to find!

I use it as an everyday blush/highlighter/powder combo when I want an all over glowy appearance. It has some shimmer in it, and if you swirl your brush over the entire thing - including the pink heart - it gives a great pinkish sheen to the skin. Like others have said, the label is misleading because this is FAR from translucent as there is color and shimmer in here, but I'm so glad I tried it anyway.

Its become my holy grail combo-everything face powder!

As for the happiness booster claims...I have no idea. I can't really detect any scent in it, which is what I assume is supposed to lift your mood, but it makes me feel good because I think it makes me look good, so hey!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE...perfect for a soft focus overall highlighter. Great on my combo skin. Subtle and wearable shimmer perfect for day to night wear. I'm very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a very big fan of this product! I use it over the top of my Mychelle Cream Foundation, and it just adds brightness and color to my complexion. It's the perfect shade for my fair skin, and the pink hearts add a highlight of blush to my cheeks. I currently use this on a daily basis, and have several stashed away as backup in case it is ever discontinued. Even in spite of wearing it over my foundation, I don't feel like I'm wearing heavy layers of makeup. It's very light and slightly shimmery, but perfectly office appropriate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

This is anything but "translucent" ... I would categorize it as a tinted highlighter (or sheer, very glowy blush for the pale). As other people have noted, it is rather on the sparklier side of things, only a tad sparklier than I would like although not so sparkly that it is unwearable outside of a club setting. Again, NOT glitter, just very shimmery. Actually, overall from far away it gives a nice soft glow. It looks just fine indoors, but in bright light or sunlight .. twinkle twinkle!
It also gives a warm, peachy, almost-outright-orange tint to my pale cool-toned skin. I wouldn't mind the hybrid-blush effect but warm-peachy-orange's aren't very flattering on my cool-toned skin. It requires a bit more thought and effort and coordination, and so I end up reaching for my usual trusty "swipe-n-go, matches everything" products instead of this.
I don't mind the scent, I actually kind of like it, but those sensitive to strong scents beware.
One great thing about this is that it is AMAZINGLY easy to depot, easiest thing I've depotted my entire life. You just nudge the pan out, don't even have to clean up any glue.
Overall, It's a nice enough product, but it's not really up to my personal tastes. I don't regret getting this, but I would NOT repurchase. I would recommend this for warm-toned people who don't mind a little peachy tint and a little extra sparkle. I would NOT recommend it for those of you that can't carry warm tones well, and want a subtler, "natural-skin" sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Cherity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like everything I've tried from the "Happy Booster" PF line. But, this one is great! It's has some *shimmer* in it. I wouldn't say that it is sparkly like some of the other reviews have stated. To me it's more of a 'healthy glow' product instead of a sparkly product. And truly, even if you are old and have some fine lines and/or wrinkles, you can still pull of some shimmer, girls! In fact, paired with the right foundation a shimmer product like this one can even make you look a bit younger. Overall a great product from a great brand! I <3 Physicians Formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been an amazing highlighting powder for me. For reference I have 30yr old, very fair and neutral undertoned skin that leans ever so slightly warm. I'm also very prone to clogged pores and have large/visible pores. If I wore MAC I'd currently wear N10 but can pull off NC15 at my darkest. I also have med-brown hair & eyes.

I'm typically a liquid highlighter kind of gal. Products like Benefit HighBeam, ELF Lilac Petal Facial Whip, Hard Candy Glow All The Way in Doll Face, & Rimmel Wake Me Up Liquid Luminizer/shade001 are my "go-to fool-proof highlighters". For whatever reason, all of the powder highlighters I try seem to give me a "sheen" rather than a "glow" and that sheen isn't flattering on my personal skin type/tone and in some cases will enhance my already visible pores which is simply not flattering no matter what. So I completely quit looking in the direction of powder highlighters for quite some time until recently I wanted something to be able to quickly dust on in a pinch on days I'm not wearing other makeup(foundation) and get a "glowing from within" kind of look. Being a stay at home mom of two, I don't need to(or have the time!) to do up a full face of makeup daily, but I still like to try to look my best at the same time. After reading raves regarding this Happy Booster Translucent Powder I figured I'd give it a go and am so glad that I did!
Obviously the brush that is included with this (&with ALL the Happy Booster products) is not the ideal brush for application. I don't even know if it would work in a pinch as it's very scratchy & doesn't pick up the right amount of product to apply. I'm currently rotating around a few different brushes with this but am finding my results are similar with all three.. (which are ELF $3 Studio Mini Kabuki, ELF $1 Professional Total Face Brush, & WalMart's "HD Powder Brush", for reference). On average days, I'll just take one of those large/fluffy brushes, swirl it around on the powder, then dust it all over my face, focusing on my mid forehead, down the middle of my nose, upper cheekbones, &cupids bow. I also(more recently)started trying to pick up individual shades (the "hearts" contain different colors) -with a small-med size concealer or eyeshadow blending brush. The "hearts" in this compact are all large enough that with a concealer/eyeshadow type brush I can dip in and get any of the particular shades that I want on their own. (&Have been also doing this w/the "Light Bronzer"Happy Booster)
My Translucent Happy Booster contains one large white heart, one small pink heart, one medium toned peach heart, and also a couple of bronzey colored hearts that are scattered around. They're all on a baby pink shade background.(Where there are gaps/spaces in between the hearts, that's where the baby pink background is)
I have to say, the packaging is a tad on the bulky side and the included brush is pathetic.. But other than those minor issues I LOVE the pink packaging/compact along with the different heart shapes shades! My Happy Boosters are definitely some of the prettiest cosmetics that I own! (I also have the Light Bronzer and Happy Booster Blushes in Pink, Warm, & Natural which I hope to write individual reviews for soon!)
I also have slightly acne-prone but very clog-prone skin and was kind of concerned that this could break me out if I dusted it all over my face, specifically over the areas that are most prone to congestion (I don't typically have any issues on the areas of my cheeks where blush goes, so I've never experienced breakouts from any of my Happy Booster blushes, but doing a "dusting" all over my face with this did concern me..) But THANKFULLY I've experienced zero skin issues from the Translucent Pressed Powder and it's been about 2 months of continuous use now(Yay!)
Overall, I wouldn't even hesitate to repurchase.
I paid right around $11 USD for it at my local WalMart, it runs around $13-14 at other drugstores in my area, but quite often CVS and RiteAid stores have really great sales on Physicians Formula products, so it's easy to find them for less than that if you keep your eyes peeled :)
Definitely 5 lippie worthy!