December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Oddbawl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked using this as a blush, till someone said I looked like a disco ball. It really is way too glittery/shimmery. I havent tried it as a highlighter yet, so I guess I will...

For reference I am very pale, NC10-15. The translucent shade did show up on me as a light pink blush color, but way too much sparkle!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

I heard great things about this as a highlighter but to be honest it gives little to no color payoff. Pretty packaging but not effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Again I like the idea of these Happy products but the shimmer is such a turn off. Also they look very cheap on the skin. Come on PF you can do better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddictt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this after reading some negative reviews. I guess it could be the case for some people as a translucent powder should be one that enhances your foundation and sets it in. This could however be misled with its packaging. I would call this a highlighter instead because it really does a great job at it. I guess the company needs to rename this into a highlighter or something.

Its probably even better than benefits high beam in terms of highlighting. I absolutely love it!!!! It lasts the whole day on me. I come home from a windy day and its still intact! I use it to highlight my cheekbones and various other parts on my face and it does an amazing job. Only downside once again is the packaging. I dislike how the brush has to be placed under the product. It makes it more likely for the powder particles to fall out when you flip it over to get the brush. I also heard negative reviews for the brush about how stiff it is and how harsh it is on the skin. I guess it varies.. i think the brush is not bad. It doesn't even hurt my skin. It feels soft to me anyway and i feel it helps me control the amount of product that goes onto my face. I would definitely repurchase in the future. Even though the price in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have mentioned, this powder is way too shimmery to be used as an all over face powder. It makes for a decent highlighter. The level of "glow" that this gives is somewhere between that of the typical highlighter and MAC lightscapade.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by nmills81

Loved this...goes on smooth and lasts all day...will buy again...only dislike is the brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, this stuff is getting hard to find!

I use it as an everyday blush/highlighter/powder combo when I want an all over glowy appearance. It has some shimmer in it, and if you swirl your brush over the entire thing - including the pink heart - it gives a great pinkish sheen to the skin. Like others have said, the label is misleading because this is FAR from translucent as there is color and shimmer in here, but I'm so glad I tried it anyway.

Its become my holy grail combo-everything face powder!

As for the happiness booster claims...I have no idea. I can't really detect any scent in it, which is what I assume is supposed to lift your mood, but it makes me feel good because I think it makes me look good, so hey!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE...perfect for a soft focus overall highlighter. Great on my combo skin. Subtle and wearable shimmer perfect for day to night wear. I'm very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a very big fan of this product! I use it over the top of my Mychelle Cream Foundation, and it just adds brightness and color to my complexion. It's the perfect shade for my fair skin, and the pink hearts add a highlight of blush to my cheeks. I currently use this on a daily basis, and have several stashed away as backup in case it is ever discontinued. Even in spite of wearing it over my foundation, I don't feel like I'm wearing heavy layers of makeup. It's very light and slightly shimmery, but perfectly office appropriate.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

It took me a long time to figure out how to use this product, but once I found a way to make it work for me I've fallen in love with it. As other reviewers have noted, this is not a traditional translucent setting powder. The product contains teeny tiny little shimmers in it, and those with oily skin would probably find this too reflective to use as an all over setting powder. When I realized this didn't fit my needs as a setting powder, I started using this as a highlight. Unlike many highlighters, this is not super shimmery; it imparts more of a subtle, more natural glow than a frosted look. However, those partial to a more intense highlighter might be disappointed. I swirl a duo-fiber brush in this and dust it over my cheek bones, temples, and a touch above my eyebrows. I also find this work great to highlight my brow bone, inner corner or my eye, and cupid's bow. Because the shades are isolated in little hearts, you can also pin-point different shades to make your highlighter lighter or darker. When applied strategically, I'm left looking lit from within, not like a disco ball. The smell it not unpleasant for me, and the heart packaging is freakin' adorable. I wish the large champagne heart comprised more of this powder and that the packaging wasn't so bulky, but I find this impressive for a drug store product.