Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Hair Serum

3.4

Cyclomethicone (and) Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Organic Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Geranium Maculatum (Geranium) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol (and) Hexylene Glycol.

on 1/18/2015 9:39:00 PM

This helped me to detangle my hair but afterwards it left my hair a tad greasy. I prefer the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil to this product. This would work better for someone with thicker or coarser hair.

on 12/4/2014 9:37:00 AM

I don't get the hype about Argan oil. I tried it in many ways and from many brands. It doesn't work for me.
Too oily for my hair. Didn't see any difference in my hair or when I tried it on my scalp as I have dry and irritated scalp. Didn't work for fly away either. Even applied in small quantities on my dry or wet hair, it still had a greasy feeling and look.

on 11/18/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great serum to put in your hair before bed. Just make sure you wash your hair in the morning! This is not a product to leave in your hair during the day. Using it before bed allows it to really nourish your hair and work its magic overnight. I have the serum with a little shimmer in it. Can't really see the shimmer but it is cute anyway. All in all, a really impressive hair serum and well worth it in the morning.

on 6/6/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Despite a lot of poor reviews on this board, I still went ahead with my purchase. Yes, it is sticky and weigh your hair down and cost so much $$$....not worth it. Using castor oil as a hair conditioner occasionally has done wonders to my hair.

on 4/5/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

The most amazing argon oil for hair! I don't know why this argon oil is superior to every other one on the market - it just is. It's $32 for a bottle that will last you months and months. I use it on my ends and it just brings my hair to life. A friend of mine with ethnic hair got a bad relaxer that burned her hair so bad. I told her to try this product and she was amazed at the results. I'm on my third bottle in two year - and my hair is long, long. It's not heavy or greasy at all. You can use before your dry or after or both and not worry about the greasies (just avoid getting to close to the scalp.) Just use two pumps for my hair - mid shaft to ends. Love, love, love!!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So here's the deal: The product ITSELF (pure argan oil) is a holy grail for me, especially in the winter.

I have VERY dry skin and I use this stuff every morning and night and my face and hair.

HOWEVER (and this is HUGE)- WHO in their right mind would EVER pay $40 for THE SAME EXACT product you can get for 1/4 the price from places like Vitacost? I mean, I like Maran's stuff, but does she think WE are "morans" (lol) for paying FOUR TIMES as much just because she slaps a label with her name on it? LOL NOT

And just to be clear, I actually have the JM version and a Vitacost version and they are one and the same. In fact, the Vitacost one is less than 1/4 the price. I got the travel-sized version as a gift (I already had the Vitacost version) and compared the two. I'm keeping the JM version so I can throw it in my purse in the winter. I'll just refill it with my Vitacost version when it runs out.

on 2/4/2014 4:36:00 PM

I found this to be neither an effective treatment nor a styling product. I just can't see any difference, smells great feels great but doesn't make any great difference. I'm back to Macadamia oil, which is miles ahead. Also anything in the organix range is better too and more cost effective. I have straight stubborn hair that hangs like a curtain so i don't have that much frizz.

on 1/25/2014 3:44:00 AM

Love this hair serum!

It leaves my dry, wavy, thick, and frizzy mid-length hair soft, silky, and smooth.

Two pumps is all I need, which makes it quite economical.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 1/11/2014 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm struggling to find anything nice to say about this. Probably the only thing nice about this is the smell but there are tons of hair products that smell nice and do a somewhat decent job. This is a big, expensive FAIL which I can't return as the Sephora in my country doesn't accept returns.

I have very long and fine hair. My hair is way past my waist. Being so long, it tangles easily and needs a lot of serums and whatnot even after conditioning because it is dry at the ends. I tried using around 1.5 pumps and rubbed it into towel-dried hair, starting from the mid-section of my hair. Apparently that was too much because the mid-section of my hair got greasy while the ends remained like straw.

Fine. So I used half a pump and rubbed it into the ends only. I might as well have rubbed scented water into my hair because my hair was still tangled. I used this for 2 weeks straight every day. I live in a humid place and I need to wash my hair daily because I have an oily scalp. I saw NO effect on my hair, absolutely - which leads me to conclude that this is a total waste of money. I am not even particular about my serums having long term benefits. As long as they detangle my hair after a wash, I am satisfied. But this is just.. useless.

I can recommend better products that have worked for me:
Budget: John Freida Full Repair / Frizz-Ease
High end: Kerastase Elixir Ultime (Moringa Immortel) serum

The Kerastase one is cheaper than this per ml and works 1000 times better. I also love the John Frieda ones even though they are loaded with silicones. At least I can comb my hair without losing strands from the tangles. Just save your money for better products, do not buy this!

on 11/7/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

While this didn't make my fine hair greasy or weighted down the day I put it in (the day after may be slightly more greasy than if I used something else), it also did absolutely nothing for me.

I have fine asian hair and lots of it and can typically get away with not conditioning in the shower even though I have highlights. After using this after every wash for a month, my hair is much drier and less glossy. Normally, with or even without a leave in serum (or moisturizer if I don't have anything else on hand), my hair is extremely glossy and reflective. Now, it looks duller. And my ends actually feel crunchy. It does still work to detangle but does nothing for actually conditioning.

I usually only pump of about a dewdrop size into wet hair and then another of the same size concentrating on the ends. Like with many other serums, 1 full pump will definitely make me greasy. Plus side is if I put the semi dried mess into a bun or braids, it will actually hold a wave after it dries all day when usually my hair reverts back to straight in an hour. Also the serum smells fantastic. Too bad it doesn't do what it says it should.

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products