December 21, 2014 | 886 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by purvisme2

This is an okay mascara. It takes three coats to really look impressive and balance out a winged eyeliner. For a daytime look, it's great. Just enough length, just enough volume. I think it is black enough, but not WOW carbon black. What I do love about it: it doesn't irritate my eyes when I take it off, and it comes off COMPLETELY. It doesn't take any eyelashes with it! While it isn't my favorite mascara, I use it for my daytime look because it comes off so easily and I think it really benefits my lashes. I prefer a more traditional wand, but I'm able to coat each top and bottom lash with this chubby wand.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have the stereotypical stubby Asian lashes, some of which point downwards. This Physician's Formula Jumbo mascara didn't stand out to me in any way aside from the bulky impractical packaging, which admittedly is attractive and the reason I bought this in the first place.

This coated my lashes black, but didn't provide anything in the way of lengthening or volumizing. It is easy to layer (no excessive clumping that can't be brushed out) although I do not find the results from layering as dramatic as other mascaras I've used.

The wand is on larger side which made it difficult to navigate and easy to get marks on my lid. The bristles were too short so I did not find this separated my lashes as well as some other mascaras do, and had to do a couple more passes with a lash comb than I normally would.

If you only want to coat your lashes black and don't mind a large wand this may be an okay option but there are cheaper drugstore options out there. I personally won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara and would recommend it. A lot of reviews described the wand as being so enormous that I was a little nervous about buying this, but honestly it's nothing that crazy. I got this in Ultra Black and am happy with the color. I am South Asian and have typically big eyes and long black eyelashes like many other South Asians do. I just want a mascara that will enhance my eyelashes and make them more bold without smudging or stinging.

While this isn't Giorgio Armani mascara, which is flawless, it's probably the best natural mascara I've tried. It's less smudgy than Dr Hauschka's, and it doesn't make my eyes sting like Couleur Caramel's.

Actually I haven't had any smudging at all, which was my main concern. It's a great price, and I'm impressed that we can finally find something Ecocert approved at an American pharmacy!

All in all I would say this isn't the mascara that you'd want to wear to your wedding or an event of that significance, but it's totally polished and effective enough for an evening out with friends or for work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hoard mascara. It's a well known fact. I picked this guy up during CVS's 75% off PF sale, and boy, am I glad I didn't pay full price for this. This is ridiculously overpriced for a drugstore mascara that performs on such a "meh" level.

My lashes aren't particularly picky. I try out every mascara on it's own, and over my HG Dior lash primer. On it's own, this mascara left much to be desired. I wasn't expecting anything false lash like or in your face drama, but my lashes didn't even look "natural". They were just sort of, blah. Sure, they were coated in mascara, but that was sort of it. Upon putting my contacts in I quickly learned how easily this melts off...and into my eyes. I guess this is because it's "natural". I rarely have issues with mascaras smearing, and I had some smudges in the corners of my eyes after a few hours of wear.

Now, I much prefer this over a primer. It looked great. But, I don't think you should have to use a separate (and expensive) product under a product to make it sing. I still experienced the product melting off easily, even over the primer, and I have sobbed and sobbed in other mascaras and this hasn't been an issue at all when using the Dior underneath.

For the $2 I paid at the CVS sale, I'll use it up. But I would NEVER buy this at whatever crazy price this is sold at regularly. There are way too many cheap mascaras that are amazing to condone that.

Also, the packaging is tacky, bulky, and gets in the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a non-irritating mascara and this was recommended to me through the mua boards. Every other mascara always leaves me red eyes of a monster after a few minutes or hours depending on the brand.

The tube is really cute, it's green and shaped like a leaf. The wand is GIGANTIC and round, I still hesitate before I apply it to me lashes. I truly hate it.
That said, it's a wonderful mascara that, subtly, lengthens and thickens the lashes. My eyes are not irritated, no redness/soreness or anything like that. I can wear this all day in to evening with no bother. Haven't experienced any flakiness either.
I clicked that I would repurchase, but this is only if I don't find something with a more delicate wand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Yuck. This was not fun to use. It was so messy and smeared and smudged before my day even began.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fine mascara. It does a good job at lengthening lashes but it doesn't do much for volume. It's also not very black. I suppose it's an everyday mascara, which is fine for some but I prefer my mascaras to give me loads of volume. On the plus side, it doesn't smear nor flake.

The packaging is odd. The top of the wand is uncomfortable to hold and kind of hard to control, and the plastic spikes on the brush are very blunt. I also feel like the brush is going to snap off whenever I pull it out of the tube.

Again, much like most PF products, this is also way too expensive for a drugstore mascara, especially when it's such an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Avalonisgalifrey

I have very sensitive eyes and every other mascara I've tried has caused my eyelashes to fall out and have burned upon application. My optometrist actually recommended this brand to me as something that wouldn't irritate me. And after using it for a year now (including a few nights I forgot to remove it) I can definitely say this formula is the one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay for everyday use but after trying this again for the 154th time, I'm moving on. I could get better drugstore mascaras for a bit cheaper than this one that perform better on my eyelashes. This did make them black. No clumps that I noticed. It just wouldn't hold a curl, which I realize is not in the claims, but I kept hoping.... Will not buy again. Lesson learned. It will not just start miraculously working for me. I need to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I've been using this mascara a lot lately and I'm not sure if it's because I like it or because I need to use it up. It doesn't really do much in terms of volume and length but it does separate my lashes and provide a good base for my Maybelline Colossal Smoky Eyes mascara.