Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara

3.3

CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT WATER.* GLYCERIN. IRON OXIDE. MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE. GLYCERYL STEARATE. WATER. BEESWAX.* JOJOBA ESTERS. TAPIOCA STARCH.* COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX.* STEARIC ACID. GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE. ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE.* CELLULOSE GUM. CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT.* GLYCINE SOYA (SOYBEAN) OIL.* HYDROLYZED ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) PROTEIN. LEUCONOSTOC/RADISH ROOT FERMENT FILTRATE. MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE. OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) LEAF EXTRACT.* MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

on 3/19/2015 1:13:00 AM

Loved this at first. Now it flakes onto my under eye area. I don't like it. :/

on 2/18/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I keep purchasing this b/c I have not been able to find a cruelty-free drugstore mascara that I love. The problem with this one is that it smudges and runs. A lot. This winter has been brutally cold, which causes my eyes to water. By the time I get to work and look in the mirror, I often have mascara smudged around my eyes...not a good look. Other than that, it's easy to apply, doesn't really clump, and is fine for a daytime look.

on 2/17/2015 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For as hyped as this product is I find it super disappointing. The best thing I can say about it is it really is non-irritating, I like that it's 100% organic/all natural, it's a bit of a drier formula so it doesn't really clump, and it makes my lashes look nice--not super long, not super voluminous, just nice. It also washes off very easily . . . that is, if I have any product LEFT on my lashes after wearing it, because it has absolutely NO staying power and I end up with raccoon eyes after a few hours of wear. I suppose I could always layer something more long-wearing/waterproof over it, but then that would negate all its wonderful non-irritating properties.

Criticism of the formula aside, I also find it a little tricky to apply because of the MONSTROUS brush--my eyes are big and my lashes are long but I still have to angle the wand in weird ways because I'm terrified of poking myself in the eye with it. As for the packaging, the tube shaped like a leaf is cute, but I guess to accommodate the massive brush/wand, it's also quite large, which (even if I liked this product) would make me not want to travel with it. Back to my trusty Cover Girl mascaras . . .

on 12/18/2014 1:24:00 PM

This is an okay mascara. It takes three coats to really look impressive and balance out a winged eyeliner. For a daytime look, it's great. Just enough length, just enough volume. I think it is black enough, but not WOW carbon black. What I do love about it: it doesn't irritate my eyes when I take it off, and it comes off COMPLETELY. It doesn't take any eyelashes with it! While it isn't my favorite mascara, I use it for my daytime look because it comes off so easily and I think it really benefits my lashes. I prefer a more traditional wand, but I'm able to coat each top and bottom lash with this chubby wand.

on 12/6/2014 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

For reference, I have the stereotypical stubby Asian lashes, some of which point downwards. This Physician's Formula Jumbo mascara didn't stand out to me in any way aside from the bulky impractical packaging, which admittedly is attractive and the reason I bought this in the first place.

This coated my lashes black, but didn't provide anything in the way of lengthening or volumizing. It is easy to layer (no excessive clumping that can't be brushed out) although I do not find the results from layering as dramatic as other mascaras I've used.

The wand is on larger side which made it difficult to navigate and easy to get marks on my lid. The bristles were too short so I did not find this separated my lashes as well as some other mascaras do, and had to do a couple more passes with a lash comb than I normally would.

If you only want to coat your lashes black and don't mind a large wand this may be an okay option but there are cheaper drugstore options out there. I personally won't be repurchasing.

on 11/30/2014 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this mascara and would recommend it. A lot of reviews described the wand as being so enormous that I was a little nervous about buying this, but honestly it's nothing that crazy. I got this in Ultra Black and am happy with the color. I am South Asian and have typically big eyes and long black eyelashes like many other South Asians do. I just want a mascara that will enhance my eyelashes and make them more bold without smudging or stinging.

While this isn't Giorgio Armani mascara, which is flawless, it's probably the best natural mascara I've tried. It's less smudgy than Dr Hauschka's, and it doesn't make my eyes sting like Couleur Caramel's.

Actually I haven't had any smudging at all, which was my main concern. It's a great price, and I'm impressed that we can finally find something Ecocert approved at an American pharmacy!

All in all I would say this isn't the mascara that you'd want to wear to your wedding or an event of that significance, but it's totally polished and effective enough for an evening out with friends or for work.

on 11/26/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hoard mascara. It's a well known fact. I picked this guy up during CVS's 75% off PF sale, and boy, am I glad I didn't pay full price for this. This is ridiculously overpriced for a drugstore mascara that performs on such a "meh" level.

My lashes aren't particularly picky. I try out every mascara on it's own, and over my HG Dior lash primer. On it's own, this mascara left much to be desired. I wasn't expecting anything false lash like or in your face drama, but my lashes didn't even look "natural". They were just sort of, blah. Sure, they were coated in mascara, but that was sort of it. Upon putting my contacts in I quickly learned how easily this melts off...and into my eyes. I guess this is because it's "natural". I rarely have issues with mascaras smearing, and I had some smudges in the corners of my eyes after a few hours of wear.

Now, I much prefer this over a primer. It looked great. But, I don't think you should have to use a separate (and expensive) product under a product to make it sing. I still experienced the product melting off easily, even over the primer, and I have sobbed and sobbed in other mascaras and this hasn't been an issue at all when using the Dior underneath.

For the $2 I paid at the CVS sale, I'll use it up. But I would NEVER buy this at whatever crazy price this is sold at regularly. There are way too many cheap mascaras that are amazing to condone that.

Also, the packaging is tacky, bulky, and gets in the way.

on 10/31/2014 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I was on the hunt for a non-irritating mascara and this was recommended to me through the mua boards. Every other mascara always leaves me red eyes of a monster after a few minutes or hours depending on the brand.

The tube is really cute, it's green and shaped like a leaf. The wand is GIGANTIC and round, I still hesitate before I apply it to me lashes. I truly hate it.
That said, it's a wonderful mascara that, subtly, lengthens and thickens the lashes. My eyes are not irritated, no redness/soreness or anything like that. I can wear this all day in to evening with no bother. Haven't experienced any flakiness either.
I clicked that I would repurchase, but this is only if I don't find something with a more delicate wand.

on 8/27/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Yuck. This was not fun to use. It was so messy and smeared and smudged before my day even began.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a fine mascara. It does a good job at lengthening lashes but it doesn't do much for volume. It's also not very black. I suppose it's an everyday mascara, which is fine for some but I prefer my mascaras to give me loads of volume. On the plus side, it doesn't smear nor flake.

The packaging is odd. The top of the wand is uncomfortable to hold and kind of hard to control, and the plastic spikes on the brush are very blunt. I also feel like the brush is going to snap off whenever I pull it out of the tube.

Again, much like most PF products, this is also way too expensive for a drugstore mascara, especially when it's such an okay product.