November 27, 2014 | 1497 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I hoard mascara. It's a well known fact. I picked this guy up during CVS's 75% off PF sale, and boy, am I glad I didn't pay full price for this. This is ridiculously overpriced for a drugstore mascara that performs on such a "meh" level.

My lashes aren't particularly picky. I try out every mascara on it's own, and over my HG Dior lash primer. On it's own, this mascara left much to be desired. I wasn't expecting anything false lash like or in your face drama, but my lashes didn't even look "natural". They were just sort of, blah. Sure, they were coated in mascara, but that was sort of it. Upon putting my contacts in I quickly learned how easily this melts off...and into my eyes. I guess this is because it's "natural". I rarely have issues with mascaras smearing, and I had some smudges in the corners of my eyes after a few hours of wear.

Now, I much prefer this over a primer. It looked great. But, I don't think you should have to use a separate (and expensive) product under a product to make it sing. I still experienced the product melting off easily, even over the primer, and I have sobbed and sobbed in other mascaras and this hasn't been an issue at all when using the Dior underneath.

For the $2 I paid at the CVS sale, I'll use it up. But I would NEVER buy this at whatever crazy price this is sold at regularly. There are way too many cheap mascaras that are amazing to condone that.

Also, the packaging is tacky, bulky, and gets in the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for a non-irritating mascara and this was recommended to me through the mua boards. Every other mascara always leaves me red eyes of a monster after a few minutes or hours depending on the brand.

The tube is really cute, it's green and shaped like a leaf. The wand is GIGANTIC and round, I still hesitate before I apply it to me lashes. I truly hate it.
That said, it's a wonderful mascara that, subtly, lengthens and thickens the lashes. My eyes are not irritated, no redness/soreness or anything like that. I can wear this all day in to evening with no bother. Haven't experienced any flakiness either.
I clicked that I would repurchase, but this is only if I don't find something with a more delicate wand.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Yuck. This was not fun to use. It was so messy and smeared and smudged before my day even began.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fine mascara. It does a good job at lengthening lashes but it doesn't do much for volume. It's also not very black. I suppose it's an everyday mascara, which is fine for some but I prefer my mascaras to give me loads of volume. On the plus side, it doesn't smear nor flake.

The packaging is odd. The top of the wand is uncomfortable to hold and kind of hard to control, and the plastic spikes on the brush are very blunt. I also feel like the brush is going to snap off whenever I pull it out of the tube.

Again, much like most PF products, this is also way too expensive for a drugstore mascara, especially when it's such an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Avalonisgalifrey

I have very sensitive eyes and every other mascara I've tried has caused my eyelashes to fall out and have burned upon application. My optometrist actually recommended this brand to me as something that wouldn't irritate me. And after using it for a year now (including a few nights I forgot to remove it) I can definitely say this formula is the one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay for everyday use but after trying this again for the 154th time, I'm moving on. I could get better drugstore mascaras for a bit cheaper than this one that perform better on my eyelashes. This did make them black. No clumps that I noticed. It just wouldn't hold a curl, which I realize is not in the claims, but I kept hoping.... Will not buy again. Lesson learned. It will not just start miraculously working for me. I need to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

I've been using this mascara a lot lately and I'm not sure if it's because I like it or because I need to use it up. It doesn't really do much in terms of volume and length but it does separate my lashes and provide a good base for my Maybelline Colossal Smoky Eyes mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

This did nothing for my lashes in terms of volume or lengthening, I found it flaked constantly and when it did it irritated the hell out of my eyes. It doesn't seem to dry either, no matter how long I have it on, when I touch it the product comes off. Huge waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ran out of mascara and bought NYX's ZaZaZu mascara. But I hated it so I headed back out to find another replacement mascara. I decided to try this one because I have tried and like so many other items from the brand. First the pros: I like how this mascara makes my lashes look (I have blonde lashes and this makes them really black). I like that the ingredients are not harmful since this is something you put right next to your eyeball. Now the cons: I have a small, hooded eye and the wand to this is HUGE. Larger than my eye is. So I have to apply this product very carefully to avoid getting the mascara on my lid/brow area. And the mascara smudged on me. An hour or so after application, the mascara has smudged into my undereye area (which is already dark), so I resemble a raccoon. If it was waterproof, that would be awesome. I don't know if they sell a waterproof version of this, if they do, it isn't available in my town. If you have more eye space to work with I think this could be a good mascara for you. If you have a waterproof mascara on hand to do a layer of, over this, I think it could work nicely for you too. I also found this mascara, like most of Physician's Formulas products, to be sadly overpriced. I still don't dislike this mascara, but I will still probably use it up and then find a replacement for this exact one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by liorak

I normally don't hate mascaras... but this one does nothing at all! And I have decent lashes, they don't require a curler to be curled (the mascaras I use usally add little curl) and they are decent length... This does nothing for my lashes. Doesn't add a little curl, doesn't elongate the, does add volume. And it smudges like crazy, this is a VERY wet mascara. I usually don't have issues with non-waterproof mascaras.... This is just horrible. Also I really dislike the package for some reason. The regular price for one here in Canada is like 16$... for drugstore that's WAYYY too much for this!