September 2, 2014 | 2031 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Koh Gen Do - Yellow Makeup Color Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by lulululululu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these. The quality is superb and the colors let you alter the color of your foundation if you so choose to do so. Lots of fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bookbec

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I first got a sample at Sephora in Las Vegas. When I returned home, I ordered the full size from Sephora online. THis primer gives me a smooth base with SPF to start from. The thing I love the most about it though, is the ability to keep oil in check and makeup stay put. (I have combination skin, light med, sometimes can appear flushed and some beginnings of noticable pores.) I am at the age (41) where nothing seems to give me the results that I truly want (my old skin back)!!! This is the constant in my routine. All foundations seem to work well with it, I have even went with just powder over it (only when self/spray tanned). I have used about one tube in a year, this is wearing it everyday, so it lasts a long time. I have two on standby and I am thinking about how many I need to stockpile to get rid of the looming anxiety of it being discontinued!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by zeusgucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have a bit of redness around the nose, cheeks, and chin and this does a great job of covering it. It is so concentrated, spreads like silk and makes the foundation look fantastic. Will always have this on hand!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is OK, but I don't feel that I need it. My skin is dry, so I don't have trouble with oil coming through or large pores. I thought I'd try it to cut down redness around my nose, but the foundation really did a better job of that on it's own. I used it on eyelids as a shadow primer and it worked fine.

If you need a primer, this is probably a good one, but it's expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by rosecard77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Aqua foundation and the green color base to use underneath. It did somehow make the foundation look even better. I waited ten minutes, because at first it was pretty bad looking, but then the finish became very pretty, and the foundation by itself is amazing on my skin. What it did not do was take away the very light pinkish cast I had around my nose and cheeks. No difference at all. I also for some reason thought it would make pores less noticeable. Nothing. Not a change. So, since the foundation is already great, this went back as I just wanted to take some of the pinkinsh/red out of a few areas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quite a good primer if you have surface redness in your skin that needs neutralizing. It comes in a tube and is a very thick cream that spreads easily. Very little is needed to do the job. It covers pores pretty well, and does a very good, if not spectacular, job on overall surface smoothing. My makeup lasted a pretty average amount of time. Where I ran into trouble was with the large amounts of hyaluronic acid in Koh Gen Do products. This is a humectant, and in most people plumps up the skin and keeps it hydrated without oiliness. However, it turns out that I am sensitive to this ingredient and got some irritation (which went away as soon as I stopped using it). If you have sensitive skin I'd strongly advise you to get a sample first. (The Koh Gen Do website is a good resource for getting samples, and they also have a pale green primer.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This line is amazing. I received some makeup and skin care samples from Barney's. I usually hate color correcting products. They always seem to look chalky under your foundation. This is beautiful. It evens out my red cheeks and nose. And it also brightens the skin. It is very sheer and does not leave a yellow cast on your face. I am really liking this.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No