Koh Gen Do Yellow Makeup Color Base

4.4

WATER,CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,GLYCOL,ISONONYL POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 TRIISOSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, KAOLIN, NYLON-12, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, VINYL DIMETHICONE / METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, HDI / TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE,POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE / VINYL DIMETHICONE TRIETHOXYSILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE,PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE,BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, MICA, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CITRATE, HYDROLYZED HYALURONIC ACID, PENTASODIUM PENTETATE, ARCTOSTAPHYLOS UVA URSI LEAF EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, GLUCOSYL CERAMIDE, ALPHA-GLUCAN, MITRACARPUS SCABER EXTRACT, REHMANNIA GLUTINOSA ROOT EXTRACT, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, MORUS ALBA ROOT EXTRACT, COIX LACRYMA-JOBI MA-YUEN SEED EXTRACT

on 6/30/2015 10:43:00 AM

No more excess oil and shiny ugly face!

Finally I've found the best solution for my extremely oily face! I never tried to use any makeup base because my skin is very sensitive (and also I never used any foundation), so I only use concealer to cover up my scars and blemishes (never been fully concealed), and translucent loose powder (for touch up and get rid of the shinny parts, even tho it never last too long and always left with chalky face).

One day, I read an article that proves how necessary a makeup primer is, especially for Acne prones skin and Koh Gen Do has the greatest review (plus it's from Japan! I always trust Japanese cosmetics and skincare).

And I finally tried it on Saturday night (for an event), my scars and blemishes were magically dissapear (completely - blended with my concealer) and did not leave any shine on my T Zone and cheeks (even tho I havent put any finishing powder on!!).

WILL DEFINITELY REPURCHASE THIS AGAIN!!

These primers are fantastic. They give a really flawless texture, help control shine and increase the longevity of the makeup. The yellow makeup base imparts a really healthy colour to my complexion as well as bringing down a lot of redness from active acne and scarring. The use this on most areas of my face, except the bridge of my nose and cheekbones where I use the pearl white base for a bit of reverse contouring. These are really indispensable to me and my everyday makeup routine.

on 3/31/2014 8:54:00 PM

Love these. The quality is superb and the colors let you alter the color of your foundation if you so choose to do so. Lots of fun!

on 7/18/2013 12:24:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I first got a sample at Sephora in Las Vegas. When I returned home, I ordered the full size from Sephora online. THis primer gives me a smooth base with SPF to start from. The thing I love the most about it though, is the ability to keep oil in check and makeup stay put. (I have combination skin, light med, sometimes can appear flushed and some beginnings of noticable pores.) I am at the age (41) where nothing seems to give me the results that I truly want (my old skin back)!!! This is the constant in my routine. All foundations seem to work well with it, I have even went with just powder over it (only when self/spray tanned). I have used about one tube in a year, this is wearing it everyday, so it lasts a long time. I have two on standby and I am thinking about how many I need to stockpile to get rid of the looming anxiety of it being discontinued!!!

on 5/27/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love this product! I have a bit of redness around the nose, cheeks, and chin and this does a great job of covering it. It is so concentrated, spreads like silk and makes the foundation look fantastic. Will always have this on hand!

on 3/30/2012 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is OK, but I don't feel that I need it. My skin is dry, so I don't have trouble with oil coming through or large pores. I thought I'd try it to cut down redness around my nose, but the foundation really did a better job of that on it's own. I used it on eyelids as a shadow primer and it worked fine.

If you need a primer, this is probably a good one, but it's expensive.

on 2/10/2012 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Aqua foundation and the green color base to use underneath. It did somehow make the foundation look even better. I waited ten minutes, because at first it was pretty bad looking, but then the finish became very pretty, and the foundation by itself is amazing on my skin. What it did not do was take away the very light pinkish cast I had around my nose and cheeks. No difference at all. I also for some reason thought it would make pores less noticeable. Nothing. Not a change. So, since the foundation is already great, this went back as I just wanted to take some of the pinkinsh/red out of a few areas.

on 11/1/2011 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is quite a good primer if you have surface redness in your skin that needs neutralizing. It comes in a tube and is a very thick cream that spreads easily. Very little is needed to do the job. It covers pores pretty well, and does a very good, if not spectacular, job on overall surface smoothing. My makeup lasted a pretty average amount of time. Where I ran into trouble was with the large amounts of hyaluronic acid in Koh Gen Do products. This is a humectant, and in most people plumps up the skin and keeps it hydrated without oiliness. However, it turns out that I am sensitive to this ingredient and got some irritation (which went away as soon as I stopped using it). If you have sensitive skin I'd strongly advise you to get a sample first. (The Koh Gen Do website is a good resource for getting samples, and they also have a pale green primer.)

on 1/9/2011 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This line is amazing. I received some makeup and skin care samples from Barney's. I usually hate color correcting products. They always seem to look chalky under your foundation. This is beautiful. It evens out my red cheeks and nose. And it also brightens the skin. It is very sheer and does not leave a yellow cast on your face. I am really liking this.