September 24, 2014 | 1570 users online

Skincare - Body - Badger - Organic Badger Balm For Hard Working Hands

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This balm has been a life saver in the harsh, cold winter months. My hands were extremely dry, cracked and red and this balm healed them in a day. I stopped using regular moisturizers b/c of all the nasty ingredients that are in them, and I replaced them with badger balms. I love how this melts into my skin and doesn't create that filmy feeling. I rub it in for quite a while so it seeps deep into my skin quickly. You have to have some patience to use this product, especially if you're used to regular lotions and creams.

The smell is also divine. I love anything that smells like wintergreen and this is no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by rebsays

I really like this product in the winter, when my hands are very dry. It's thick, and a little goes a long way. I just take a little and rub it into my hands. It's olive oil and beeswax, so your hands will feel oily for a bit afterwards. When I have very dry hands this is the stuff I use. I also use it before bed. But I wouldn't recommend this to lug around with you in your purse.
I do love this stuff, and would recommend it to others. I always have a tin by my bed to moisturize, and use as a night-time lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by KikiBee09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this balm hoping it would offer the same effective moisturizing properties as the Badger Balm Cuticle Care, which I love. Unfortunately, the Organic Badger Balm for Hard Working Hands doesn't leave my hands moisturized at all. If anything they feel drier after applying it and allowing it to absorb. I have been putting it on before bed hoping it will soak in overnight and I will wake up with softer, moisturized hands, but this hasn't happened. The only positives for this product were the scent is non-offensive, the ingredients are organic, and it's not excessively expensive. Hopefully it works for someone else, but I will not purchase this again and I'm not even sure if I will try finishing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just began using Badger organic balm "for hardworking hands," and so far I like it, from the olive oil content to the light wintergreen scent. It is a solid balm, so not much product is picked up unless an effort is made. This product does noticeably coat the skin, leaving a soft residue but not one that's outright greasy or filmy. Just a smooth, balmy texture that soaks into the skin. Wish it was more emollient and longer lasting though. (I'm experimenting with topping it with DML lotion on my hands, with hopes of enhancing both products.)

Update: I no longer use this balm. Wish I could, but after a few uses it felt waxy, drying, and aggravating to get enough out of the tin without rubbing it for 2-3 minutes. This balmy "moisturizer" became too irritating to deal with, so I'm offering it up for trade. I would not repurchase this time for myself or as a gift for others.

I personally like this more than the other lotions I've been trying (like overly-scented, insufficiently emollient lotions offered at Bath and Body Works) and find it's convenient to carry in my purse.

Ingredients label: Olea Europaea (extra virgin olive) oil, Cera Alba (beeswax), Ricinus Communis (castor) oil, Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) extract, Essential Oils of Betula Lenta (birch) and Gaultheria Fragrantissima (wintergreen).

I'll work through this tin and post an update if my mind changes over time.

**UPDATE 3/2012: I don't care as much for this balm. It's a pain to get enough out of the tin, it doesn't spread well, and I don't notice it really moisturizing all that much. My hands still feel like they need a lotion applied. DML and Cerave lotions works better for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I really don't know what the difference between this one and the healing balm is, but this is the only one I could find at my store. It is a very solid type balm that melts instantly when you touch it. This one has a lot of Aloe, olive oil, birch oils, castor oil, wintergreen(fragrance), and beeswax.
I am editing my script on this one. I found this product to do little for my cracked thumb and dry hands, other than leave a shiny sheen on them that I felt needed to be wiped off! I gave it a 3 on overall rating because I think it did supply moisture, and I still like the tin with the little badger guy on the lid, so I left the packaging at a 5. ;-) I gave it a 3 on price of $7.00 + tax because for that much $ I would expect to get more product, especially since it was not that great. I returned this item for a full refund as the store allows this if we are unhappy with any purchase. I wanted to keep it just for the cute little animal on the tin ;-) but that defeats the purpose of letting the makers know they can do a better job with the ingredients.