December 20, 2014 | 1755 users online

Lip Treatments - Eucerin - Aquaphor Lip Repair

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by momo0433

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product did NOT live up to the hype. I was promised luscious over hydrated lips and I was left with dry, scaly lizard skin for my lips. It dried my lips out to no end and it's pretty much like slathering Vaseline on your lips. Very disappointed for how over-hyped this product is!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by annabee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best solution for someone who has dry, chapped, sometimes even bleeding lips because of cold weather. Just recently, I got a cold sore and shortly after the condition of my lips declined drastically. I am a chapstick/lipbalm addict and have bought pretty much any and every kind, especially the ones in the pretty fancy packaging. I saw this in the store when looking for medicine for my cold sore. Started using it right away and have found that my lips are no longer chapped at all. Instead, they are always soft, pink, and healthy looking. I apply it once in the morning and once midday, and don't need to use anything else. It does not smell or taste like anything, it is not fancy, but it really works.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Amex131

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad i finally found a lip balm that works. I suffer from extremely chapped lips, I've tried Burt's Bees, DIY lip balms, Vaseline, Neutrogena, multiple Blistex brands, and many others but nothing has worked. In my final attempt at healing my lips i decided to try Aquaphor, and it worked! here is a timeline of how my lips looked and felt while i was using this balm:

First try: My lips were extremely chapped, cracked and peeling especially my bottom lip. when i rubbed my lips together it felt like i was cutting myself. They were even bleeding in some places. Even the air on my lips was a bit painful. I exfoliated my lips (very painful for me) and applied the balm before i went to bed. The next morning my lips had really improved. They weren't flaming red anymore and i felt like the balm has soothed my lips a bit since their wasn't that much pain, but compared to the night before i really noticed an improvement.

After a week: I exfoliated my lips 3 times a week and applied this balm at night and throughout the day when needed. My lips had really improved in one week. I noticed there was less peeling (almost none) and the cracks that my lips no longer hurt at all. They seemed to be healing over well and when i rubbed my lips together they were really starting to smooth out. I could really see what my lips looked like without all the inflammation and cracked skin.

After two weeks: My lips have healed! they are a healthy pink color, smooth, and even better no more pain. Because of all the cracks that i had on my lips that sometimes bled, i was left with a few dark spots that i am now trying to remedy. However, I would rather had healed lips than what i was dealing with before. I still regularly apply the balm because without it I'm sure my lips would go back to what they were before. Now i can wear tinted lip balms and other lip products and not be worried about how my lips look. in the end though i always come back to aquaphor.

Application: The feel of this lip balm was a bit weird for me at first. when you apply it it feels really thick (a bit like Vaseline) but once you rub it in it seems to almost be absorbed into the lips. After a few moments i cant even feel it on my lips unless i rub them together, which feels a bit cold and greasy almost. But i can overlook this because i dont rub my lips together often and the benefits far outweigh this little con in my opinion. What i really like about this balm though is that it doesn't dry out my lips and it doesn't leave them feeling waxy.

Overall Experience: I really recommend this balm to anyone suffering from severely chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The BEST. Very moisturizing, not waxy, and I don't have to use my fingers to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lavenderfrost

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FAVE. Nothing fancy - no special taste or tints of color, but unbeatable for moisture. I used to be a lip balm addict who slathered the stuff on 5 or 6 times a day. Since switching almost exclusively to this, I find myself needing it once or twice a day at most, and there are days when I just don't feel the need for it at all. When you keep in mind that I live in the middle of a desert, that gives you a pretty decent idea of how awesome this stuff is.

My only complaint is that their Repair+Protect lip balm with spf 30 smells and tastes a little funky. Their plain balm (shown here on the product page) has no smell/taste at all, so I just use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

Makes lips pumped! This is so far the only lip balm that has helped my dry lips. I am on Accutane and I would totally recommend this lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by CynicalCind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip product is amazing!!!! If you need to put on matte lipstick (or any lipstick for that matter) but your lips are super chapped, put this on and leave it on for a few minutes and your lips will be silky smooth! Also, I have been using this product for a few weeks now and have even noticed an improvement on how smooth my lips are! I love how when you smack your lips it feels like you have small goblets of water on them too. I also love how it is now available in SPF 15 as well!! My only complaints with this is that: it's pricey, its kinda small (I wonder if the large sized aquaphor works the same), wish that it was tinted.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 76bonz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only product for me that really works. I have tried many many other things for my chronically dry lips. Burt bees, Estée Lauder, Eso, Chapstick, Carmex and the one with the bee slider(can't remember name) and none if them relieved the dryness and peeling. Some of them even made it worse!! I was just using Vaseline but it seemed to spread all over my face (I use this stuff at night). So the aquaphor is perfect. I use it every night and my lips are great all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by JanetMarie213

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tendency to get very dry, peeling lips at various times of the year. I use this each night before I go to bed and my lips are super hydrated. It's thick, but not like the consistency of Vaseline. I would equate it to the same feel as lotion. It can have a tendency to give a little bitter taste if you accidentally lick your lips or something. But it is by far the best healing/preventative treatment out there. Like I said I use it at night for a deep treatment, and I use a different tasty lip balm during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Hollyberry8909

I have really dry and cracked lips from being on roaccutane. This has really helped! Relieving the sting straight away and within just 2 days really making a difference to the texture of my lips. Stays on well too.