November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Concealers - Christian Dior - Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim really to try it to see if it was better than touche eclat by YSL,it's not really. Yes the packaging is lovely and it comes in a small velvet pouch but when I paid £27 for this I would rather have more content than a pointless pouch to carry it in. Touche eclat contains 2.5 mls I think,this contains 1.5 mls and costs £2 more. Doesn't look any different under the eyes than touche eclat. It lasted me only 3 months. Quality was good but very overpriced in my opinion . I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I have been using this for 2 months now.. I use it about 4 times a week and the pen has run out.. too little product! 1.5ml for 57NZdollars on strawberry net.. I think the By Terry touche veloutee is a better deal - 6.5 ml for 71 NZdollars.. or is it? I think I will just stick to highlighters in bottles and wands.. I think the pens are a rip-off.
Update Nov 2: I have tried the touche eclat 2.5 - seems better and more product for my money.. and I tried an Artdeco pen the other day which may be the next one to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer is actually a highlighter so I don't use it under my eye area. I use it in the corners (where my eyes meet the nose) and on top of the cheek bone and where the 'marionette' lines form. (as suggested by the MA who did a makeover for me)

Does it give you the 'non-surgical facelift' as the SA raved about? No, it doesn't. It does give a nice highlight but definitely no facelifts.
I recommend moisturizing well beforehand because this highlighter can emphasize dry patches. In all honesty, there are other highlighters out there that are just as good, if not better than the CD one. Maybelline's Dream Lumi and L'oreal's Touche Magique are just as good and far less expensive too.

If you want a treat, then the CD Skinflash is a nice one. But for practical reasons, I'd recommend the Maybelline and L'Oreal highlighters.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this concealer for an under eye brightening effect, of which this does very well. I do not have dark under eye circles, and was just looking for something light and bright. This concealer currently sells for $37 USD for .05oz of product, which is half the size of the YSL touche eclat. I have to say this is a major deterrent for repurchase, since the product amount is SO tiny. However, I find that it works extremely well as a lightweight brightening concealer just for under eyes. I can't speak for fine lines as I don't have many but I have very good results but I do powder it to keep it in place. Overall, the product is very good, but I will shop around for a better deal when I run out. I use 001 and I'm NW15, it's a great match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is better than Yves Saint Laurent "Touche Eclat" which is saying alot as the YSL has a cult following. The difference is that the YSL product is from 1990 and this Dior baby is far less old therefore it's ingredints are far more modern and high tech than the YSL. I own this in color #003. It's a bit of a peachy color which is perfect for my skin and particularly my under eye darkness which is an ashey grey tone. Grey has an undertone of blue and the orange within the peachiness of this color totally counteracts the darkness under my inner eye corner. Blue and Orange are complimentary colors on the color wheel meaning when placed side by side (a bit of orange/peach in an eyeshadow will make blue eyes appear more blue) they enhance one another. When placed on top of each other they cancel each other out the way green will cancel out red. The texture is beautiful in this formula, having very finely milled pigments. The applicator itself is a luxury and pleasure to use. It does not give a "flat" or "matte" appearance, but has a slight "glow" to the final result (most falattering.) It can be used whereever you want some "light" or "glow" such as high atop the cheekbone as a hi-liter. It works very well in the naso-labiol folds (the lines between your nose and mouth corners.) to make the deepness in that line more shallow. It's very pretty used "outside" of your lipliner thereby giving your lips a very sharply defined look. I even use it on the little raised ares of the "cupids bow" of the lips which run up to the nose, giving more shape to the mouth and upper bowe. Highly Recommended as there are so many uses for it. Blends like a dream and becomes unreadable as if it's part of the skin!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by xChii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is soooo expensive! almost $40 CAD. I use this over my maybelline lumi-touch concealer and it does the job wonderfully. I have really dark under eyes so i find it incredibly hard to find something that will lighten that area. I got this in 003 and it makes me look really orange, but i've learnt to just put on alittle bit so i wouldn't look like those people from chinese opera D: Just be careful to how much product you put on!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this product and usually I absolutely adore Christian Dior (look at my other reviews!). But unfortunately, this is a dissapointment. I got this pen in 001, which the sales rep said would cover my dark circles and brighten/add radiance to my undereye area. She said 001 would be a better colour for my NC20-25 skincolour than 002, as 002 is skin coloured and would only act as a concealor, whereas 001 would act as a concealor and highlighter.
Well, firstly, the texture of this product is quite thick and hard to spread evenly especially on the delicate undereye skin. I am twenty, and this stuff creased underneath my eyes so badly, and made wrinkles magically APPEAR, so that instead of looking 20 I ended up looking 50... I definately would not reccomend this. I ended up purchasing Smashbox Photo Op undereye brightener, and it does all what this should do at a lesser cost.
On the plus side, I will use this as a highlighter on other areas of my face like my cupids bow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: One of two concealers we could find for my very pale and pink-toned daughter that wasn't too dark or too orange (she got the 001). Light, buildable texture.

CONS: May not be enough coverage for some. Not cheap by any means.

ALTERNATES: She actually does well with MAC's concealers in NW15 too. For a bit of subtle shimmer, Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener (but a bit dark for pale girls). Givency has one named "Mister" pen or some name like that, that is quite nice. For a true concealer (not highlighting): My new happiness I've found is using MAC's tinted moisturizer under my eyes (Yes, under my eyes!) and then Stila's Stay All Day Concealer only in the dark circles. By doing this, I don't highlight my puffy bags underneath my eyes. I've heard of people using foundation under their eyes before, but it's always looked horrible on me, until I tried that MAC t.m. Anyway, the Stila on top really does the trick of truly concealing the circles and making sure it will last even longer.