October 22, 2014 | 2082 users online

Crème - RCMA - Color Process Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

If you are unsure of what shade to purchase, I recommend buying samples from CameraReadyCosmetics.com or RCMAmakeup.net. The RCMA site is cheaper but it wouldn't take my Canadian monies. :( It's worth it to find the correct match, because as you'll find in trying to find you match from reading reviews, opinions vary a lot! I'm C3/NC30 and I tried Shinto 1, Shinto 2, KO2 and KO3 and my preferred shade is Shinto 2. It just looks the healthiest and has enough yellow to make my face match my neck/chest. Shinto 1 was too light (though you will find other NC30's preferring this one) and the KO shades just didn't have enough yellow in them. I looked washed out. I'm guestimating but I'm thinking that KO2 is more like NW20 and KO3 more like NW30?
I played around with application and tried a variation of Wayne Goss's powder method. I applied my moisturizer, a light layer of powder, THEN my silicone primer and then the RCMA and this seemed the best for me because it kept the look matte longer and seemed to wear longer too. I also prefer a more semi-matte look so if you prefer a dewier look, skip the powder until the very end (and then just 'set' the t-zone). I like to set with a dusting of my mineral foundation.
I did not find this hard to blend. Perhaps because the product in the sample jars was already 'scraped' and thus softened, so I could just dot it on my cheeks, forehead & chin and easily blend with my fingers, but I know when I purchase a full size, I will want a metal spatula to scrape the product from the container, and then warm on the back of my hand or a palette.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much this does look just like skin. It looks very natural and as mentioned in other reviews, not cakey. It does give a beautiful finish.

I already have a full sized Shinto 2 sitting in a cart somewhere... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Alisava

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't want to speak too soon as i only got this foundation today but I was just so excited about it that I had to write a review!

This foundation gives me the most beautiful finish, the finish is so amazing that I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and when i look in the mirror i can't believe that it's really my skin in the reflection. Just amazing! I don't exactly know how to describe the finish, i think the word "flawless" is the best word i can think of to describe it. I've never had this sort of finish from a foundation before, my skin truly looks airbrushed with this foundation!

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a few more of these foundations right now so that I have back up once i run out, i just don't want to be without this foundation, i think I've found my HG! This foundation does not make my face look cakey at all which I found suprising since it is meant to be a fuller coverage foundation. It also doesn't stick to dry patches on my skin like some other foundations do.

The reason i only have it 4 stars is because I don't find the coverage to be full. I can still see a couple of pimples through this foundation but that's only if i look really closely. I can't speak for the staying power of this foundation as i literally just got it today and put it on an hour ago but so far I'm loving this foundation! Would definitely recommend everyone to try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Arinabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice foundation but makes me very greasy, even with a mattifying powder. My skin has gotten much more oily because of the summer months but it definitely doesn't help with the oiliness.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good quality foundation but it only suits certain skin types.

Pros:
crazy good pigmentation, totally a pro brand, a itty little bit can go a long way
A lot of great natural skin shades to choose from
Fun, unusual shades, like white or pink
Lasts a long time
Can be a concealer type product or sheered out with foundation thinner
Great for normal to dry skin or skin that doesn't break out
Sensitive skin safe
Long wearing
Palettes = great value
Natural looking
Photographs nicely
Can mix with other base colors
No added Fragrance

Cons:
Not suitable for blemish prone or oily skin
Most likely will need prepping
May be hard to blend for some
NEED a pallete spatula/scooper to get product out and soften
Hard for newbies to pick shades
May be too hard to use for newbies

Neutral:
Ingredients won't damage skin, but also won't help
No UVA protection
If you are superstitious thanks to "research" some bloggers did, you may be scared of the ingredient list(Honestly, can't you people be scared of rubbing alcohol and menthol and lavender oil and fragrance, etc...?)

This is a wonderful cream foundation.

It contains a lot of thickeners and thicker emollients that can clog pores really easy, even if used alone(think if it as putting lard on your face). However, if you have dryer or less acne prone skin, this will probably not be the case for you. This looks really good in photos and videos and is perfect for special events. For best results, and using less product, make sure to color correct in severe areas first. You can apply a face lotion really thickly for a thinner coverage or use a foundation thinner. If you have oilier skin, it would be best to use exfoliate, apply oil absorbing primer below, and set with an oil absorbing setting powder. Dry skin should totally exfoliate, apply your favorite hydrating lotion/primer, and set with a powder suitable for dry skin(they exist).

It does contain a dizzying assortment of shades. I use Shinto 2 or 3 or the KT line.
The best guide is online, which you can find by googling: Joe Blasco and RCMA foundations a brief guide. It should take you to a wonderful beauty blogger's post; the blog is called maquillageobscura dot blogspot dot com or The Unknown Beauty Blog. From the information there, it should be substantially easier to pick shades or palettes. More than one shade could fit you. For example, the more I tan, the more I move from Shinto to KO or KT and sometimes even Olive or KL. At times, I fit both a KO shade and a Shinto shade at the same time. RCMA also has great colorful foundations, in case you need a white or green(or any other color) foundation either for mixing or for theatrical makeup. Also, you can get samples for $3.99 on camerareadycosmetics. I do recommend you read the guide thoroughly before ordering some shades, though.

It's thick but it doesn't tug and feels really creamy and smooth on skin, even if I don't prep past cleansing my face. Even when applied with maximum coverage, it remains looking like skin.

Personally, I don't like using them as color corrector because it takes a lot of work to get such a pigmented product sheer enough to color correct. Use Nyx Jar Concealers instead, affordable medium to moderate coverage, and suitable for slightly drier to regular to oilier skin and blemishes and around eyes.

It's relatively easy to use. I first prime my face with a silk primer. It may look scary and dry in pan but its really not. I scoop out the foundation and smooth out with a palette knife and I sometimes mix it with other colors on a ceramic palette(you can use ceramic anything, plates or tiles or whatever is at hand). It really needs to be cut andsoftened to get best results. I currently use KT 2 for the summer. After color correcting my under eyes(which lean reddish purple) with yellow and moisturizing(with grapeseed oil usually), I dot a tiny amount where I need most coverage and blend away with a fluffy synthetic brush or fingers(fingers work best since they warm up the product). It does blend surprisingly well. If you've ever used full coverage pro products before that were really cakey and dry looking, then this really doesn't compare with those dated, drier formulations. Then, I thin some foundation out with a gel moisturizer and apply it all over my face to even out my skin tone. Before setting, I stipple my face to give the best finish and set with my L'Oreal True Match Mineral Powder. It lasts all day and feels nice, but if I wear it too long or too often it does tend to clog my pores, which sucks. If you know how to use a filbert brush for applying and blending foundation, this is infinitely easier(but I either suck at that, or my brushes are streaky).

I usually use this for special/formal events at night so (a) I use it for less time and (b) because it has no SPF rating. My palettes have lasted years without going bad and they're worth it even if you'll only use it in special events. It looks great for brides or perfect prom pictures and even as guy makeup(since that usually has to be extremely natural). I love using it on other people, too. It's also perfect if you're constantly in front of a camera, which is why so many pros use it.

I also have the shades in all the primary colors and black and white and brown and that works really well for making any shades and also for Halloween makeup.

I suggest this to makeup artists or people with non acne prone skin. A little bit goes a very long way. If you use too much, you'll be blending down to your toes. If you're using it for yourself, I suggest trying the 4 or 5 color kits to narrow down your shade even more. If you're going to use this on clients, I suggest the 6 part palette with the primary colors(and also a brown and black and white, you can make practically any shade) and the VK 18 palettes. The contouring palette is okay, but the highlights are foundation s

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Goncaferay

It's my skin oily and Dosent stay long I love Estée Lauder double wear

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

I recently purchased a palette of 5 foundation shades.
For reference i am an NC35 in mac stuido fix, and i ordered the 'KO' series.
I applied this with a damp beauty blender.

The coverage is awesome. The great thing about the 5 shade palette is that you can find your perfect shade, and you can use the lighter and darker shades for highlight and contouring. Everything looked really natural when i was done applying.

I work in a kitchen where i sweat pretty much all day. Normally i am used to my makeup melting off my face. With this foundation this didn't happen!! My face looked super natural, i would say more natural than when i first applied it in the morning. Also, I suggest buying their no color powder to set this with. This foundation is wax based so it has to be set!

Most importantly this does not make my pores look huge which most foundations do. I don't know how they do it but it works!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by blackbirdinistanbul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a great product although it takes time to adjust to a new foundation.. Even if you have dry skin I suggest you to set it with powder. It is very pigmented and buildable. I would definitely purchase again if I can ever find the KO series in stock..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Daisydukes14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very intimidated by the color choices and finally just bought the #11 pallet. It was the right choice for me because I am definitely darker in the summer. I never would have guessed the olive shades would suit me because my undertone is pretty neutral.

I love it! I alternate between a LM tinted moisturizer and Estée Lauder double wear light. I may never repurchase the double wear.

This stuff is amazing. I was able to match my skin and found myself using different shades in different areas of my face.

No need for a concealer but I did need powder to reduce shine. My double wear has a more matte finish. If you like a matte look you will need to powder over this one. I apply powder with a puff and brush away excess.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by wishingoceans

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! For reference I use KO-1 as I have very light skin with yellow-ish neutral undertones. I also have very sensitive, dry skin that is prone to break outs.

Pros:

I really love putting it on, feels very creamy applying and makes the face feel very nice and creamy for hours after until you take it off.

Good coverage, definitely very buildable. You can make it as sheer or as full as you want.

Great colour selection

The people who work there are fantastic, very helpful for pinpointing your ideal colour.

Didn't break me out! I've even fallen asleep in it and woken up with perfectly fine skin.

Cons:

It looks amazing and natural-- unless you're up close, then you can see some powdering. But it's definitely not bad, and to be fair, I like to apply a lot of it.

After a couple of hours, my red cheeks start coming through a bit. It doesn't last as long as I would want, although it's also kind of a pro-- after a few hours my skin looks very natural, and I start thinking that it's faded and my skin is just naturally nice looking. Then I spend about five minutes removing product and realize that no, my face sadly does not look like that.

Overall, really wonderful product, great match for most anyone's skin.

EDIT: I decided to give this another lippie. I recently started using Exposed for Acne, and the BP really dried out my forehead and gave me a horrible rash that was all around my eyebrows, hairline, forehead, it's just awful and red and really really hard to hide. Well, I put this makeup on last night AND IT LOOKED FLAWLESS, AS IF I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A RASH. I was SO thrilled, it completely turned around my bad mood. This makeup is amazing, if it can make a horrible gross rash look invisible, it can do anything! Will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by evenesence21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a free lance make up artist in the Southern California area and have been doing make up for 8 years.

What I look for in makeup for not only myself but for clients is as follows; (all of which RCMA has met with great expectation).

Longevity - 10/10
Natural Finish on Skin - 10/10 (depending on how it is applied)
Large range of colors - 10/10
Sweat and Water Resistant - 10/10
Covers blemishes, hyper pigmentation, acne scarring, tattoo's, and 5 o'clock Shadow 10/10

The only thing that is truly debatable is packaging. It comes in a small plastic like tub when ordered in 1 oz size which may or may not be ideal for a typical person at home. I have a metal make up spatula to remove it from the tub as necessary, so for me this is not a problem.

So- packaging gets 8/10 because for me it is easy to use, but I can see how average people at home could have difficulty- but RCMA is intended for Professional Make Up Artist who have the proper tools and knowledge to get it out.

Application- Lets start with the ease of application- Yes, this isn't at home user friendly for the average person but let me briefly explain to you how to do it.
You can use your fingers, beauty blender, stippling brush, or foundation brush. The trick is a small amount of product needs to be removed from the container first. Use a small metal spatula or even the end or a makeup brush, to scoop just a small amount out and put it either on the back of your hand(in a pinch) or onto a flat sanitized surface(mirror, dish, whatever you have handy) and put the product onto it. Then kind of smash the product around till the consistency is slightly more creamy/easy to work with.

Then choose your tool for application- with a beauty blender- use warm water squeeze it out the go about it that way(the wetter the BB, the more sheer the coverage) and your end result will be a semi-matte finish after the product has sat and oxidized. Use a loose powder to set to keep product from transferring.

With a brush(stippling or foundation), you can build the product very easily to your desired amount for a full coverage BUT apply in thin layers then use a transparent powder to set and go back in for a second layer for heavier coverage then set with powder a second time.This will cover anything with this method. For special skin conditions, acne, 5'o clock shadow, tattoo's, to be covered and neutralize the underlying pigment, make sure to take the color wheel into account for your first layer of makeup, then use the color of your skin on the second layer.

RCMA makeup is high in pigmentation- one of if not the most highly pigmented makeup at I believe 50%. MAC full coverage and things of that sort you get at the mall are no more than 20% pigmented on average. So, with RCMA it will last you forever because the smallest amount will cover a ton of ground. Even at it's sheerest with a very damp beauty blender(applied in the correct manor), it can give you a more full coverage as far as color than any other makeup company you will find. When using it as a full coverage or concealer with a brush, make sure it is exactly the color of foundation or match that you want, because when it is highly concentrated(full coverage) you will get the exact color your see in the tube(this product does not oxidize much darker than what you see in the container) - so keep that in mind.

I'm not saying that RCMA is perfect for everyone- but for Makeup Artist, you can't live without this in your kit somewhere, trust me.

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No